Page 1 of 2 1 2
Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts

Quote:
TNA management has ended the Sting/Daniels feud earlier than expected. The feud was supposed to last over several months.

Quote:
Speaking of Christopher Daniels, there are talks that his former stable, XXX, will be making a return. Senshi and Elix Skipper were the other two members.

very odd decisions as Skipper was released just months ago, and Senshi had apparently asked for his release (and been denied) at Slammiversary.

Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts
The Wrestling Observer reports that there are plans for Jeff Jarrett to become world champion again fairly soon after he returns. Also, the Earth now revolves around the Sun.

The wrestling fans may all now issue a collective groan.

After signing to do the match, Road Warrior Animal was told he was going to win at Slammiversary. That wasn't meant to be the case and so Rick Steiner wound up doing the job, even though TNA still wants to do the Steiners/3D match at some point. Scott Steiner left Puerto Rico this week on a cruise ship to Miami with his wife. He won't be allowed to fly for some time yet and is not expected to return to the ring for a few months.

An odd backstage story from Slammiversary... On the afternoon of the show people realised that the TNA World Heavyweight Title belt was nowhere to be seen. One of the stunt crew was meant to have it and he tried to pass the blame to Jim Cornette, since Cornette had it last on TV. Eventually they figured out it had been left in Orlando, so Jeremy Borash called a friend at Universal Studios to pick it up and fly it to Nashville. It arrived at the arena about 20 minutes before the main event began.

Heh!

More on Konnan's resignation, from the Wrestling Observer... he arrived at the 19th June tapings ready to quit, then found out management was mad at him for a newspaper interview in which he criticised TNA for not helping him pay for his kidney transplant ("The fans came through for me when my own company didn't."). Konnan said he would only stay if they gave him a raise from $50,000 to $80,000 per year. Terry Taylor said it was possible but Jeff Jarrett told him to wait a few weeks before asking management, so the interview heat could cool down. Konnan said he wasn't going to wait for them and left.

As for Ron Killings... he tried to quit several times before this and the latest confrontation with management proved to be the last straw. He was angry that he was getting used as a heel when he was a face the last time he was on TV and had not done a turn. They also stopped him from coming out with his music, since they thought it would get a face pop, but told him he would get a push on Impact. When he wasn't booked on the next two weeks worth of shows he committed himself to working in Mexico the first two weeks of July and asked for a release.

Senshi has also asked for his release but the request was denied. There is talk of reuniting him, Elix Skipper and Christopher Daniels as Triple X.

Rob Van Dam is taking a few months off from wrestling, so don't expect him and TNA to reach an agreement anytime soon.

TNA is interested in bringing Sean Waltman back to team with the Voodoo Kin Mafia.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter, 25th June 2007

Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Quote:
- PWInsider.com's Mike Johnson is reporting that TNA has been in meetings with the Fox network (not Fox-owned MyNetworkTV as originally thought) for what might end up being a multi-network deal. We'll have more on this as the story develops.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Grimm
he arrived at the 19th June tapings ready to quit, then found out management was mad at him for a newspaper interview in which he criticised TNA for not helping him pay for his kidney transplant ("The fans came through for me when my own company didn't."). Konnan said he would only stay if they gave him a raise from $50,000 to $80,000 per year.

This really pisses me off.
He gets paid $50,000 a year and he wants the company to pay for his medical bills?
I'm sorry, but unless he signed a contract that includes medical, he's being a fucking idiot.
Not only that, but he then begs his fans to contribute.

The guy earns $50,000 a year and he's probably getting people to send him money, who earn a fraction of that.

My sisters husband and their son both have had to have kidney transplants and treatment, and at no point did anyone help pay his bills, and at no point did he ask.

I pity Konnan for his health problems, but he really is a greedy or selfish cunt.........maybe a bit of both!

Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts

and he conveniently forgot that TNA actually did loan him a great deal of money to help with his medical expenses (a loan I'm sure they won't get back).

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
That was for his hip replacement if I remember correctly!

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
He was to TNA what Rex is to his parents: a mooch!

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Nowhereman
That was for his hip replacement if I remember correctly!

Yep. I remember now. it was his hip. gee, too bad they failed him, and gave him the ability to walk again. \:rollseyes

Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Quote:
TNA wants all their twelve PPVs in 2008 to be held outside of Orlando.

Samoa Joe was offered a three-year contract extension but declined it.

Mike Tenay, already grieving for Jill Jarrett and Chris Benoit, both of whom he was close to, also lost his brother-in-law over the weekend.

TNA are angry at the way Konnan and Ron Killings left as they both still owe money that was advanced to them for their recent surgeries. Konnan has additional heat for being under contract and walking out on a TV taping. The Wrestling Observer says that Terry Taylor has been in contact with him and there is talk of legal action.

It seems that TNA's tent shows in New England from the 21st-24th June did poor business. For some reason they did not advertise them locally and merely relied on plugs on their website and Spike TV. For the 24th show they didn't even list Kurt Angle or Team 3-D as appearing. At that same show, held in Hampton, Chris Harris held James Storm in front of ringside fans during their match and invited them to chop him. One woman slapped Storm across the mouth, prompting him to stop selling and shove her. The crowd rewarded his actions with a rousing chant of "You hit fat chicks". Jay Lethal and LAX were reportedly the most over acts on the shows.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter, 5th July 2007 (click here for subscription details)

Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Quote:
TNA is having a special show on Saturday entitled "Road to Victory Road". There will be a triple threat match between Senshi, Lynn, and Petey Williams.

Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Scott Steiner has recovered rather well from his throat injury. He is expected to have a full recover and quite possibly return to TNA next week.

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Grimm
 Quote:
TNA is having a special show on Saturday entitled "Road to Victory Road". There will be a triple threat match between Senshi, Lynn, and Petey Williams.

The match will last 6 minutes, and 2 minutes into it, SpikeTV will cut to a commercial...

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts

Jess Ward was released. She was a producer who made the "Basic Instinct" video parody. she had been suspended for making it, and has now been let go completely.

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
What? That was funny. Not nearly as good as WWE's "Basic Instinct" parody, but still humorous.

All hail King Snarf!

Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Quote:
According to Dave Meltzer, Victory Road appears to have drawn one of the lowest buyrates of any of the monthly PPV events in TNA history.

Vince Russo was the one who pushed strongly for Dustin Rhodes to be brought in. The idea is to make him as close to the Goldust character as they can get away with whilst avoiding a lawsuit from WWE.

TNA are also keen to bring in Matt Bloom, formerly A-Train in WWE. He's currently wrestling for NJPW as Giant Bernard, where he holds the IWGP World Tag Team Titles with Travis Tomko.

TNA have been trying to talk Ron Killings into coming back but have no interest in persuading Konnan to return. He was actually sent a legal letter by the company that places him under suspension for missing dates, forbids him from bad-mouthing TNA whilst under suspension, and requests that he repays the money they lent him for hip replacement surgery.

Meanwhile, Sonjay Dutt was told by Terry Taylor that TNA would not pay for the MRI he needs for his shoulder tear. The refusal has apparently caused a lot of upset amongst the other young wrestlers.

Scott Steiner hopes to wrestle at Hard Justice next month but should certainly be cleared in time for No Surrender in September.

At the moment, Bound for Glory looks likely to be held in Atlanta this October. TNA originally planned to hold it in Chicago on the 14th but changed their minds when WWE booked No Mercy there on the 7th. Other places being considered are Charlotte, Norfolk and Greenville.

Ricky Banderas will be using the name 'Judas Mesias' when he debuts as Jim Mitchell's son.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
"According to Dave Meltzer, Victory Road appears to have drawn one of the lowest buyrates of any of the monthly PPV events in TNA history."

Can't fault their efforts in shilling for the PPV...they covered their bases with that much...

Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts

heh.

their weekly ratings have actually gone up. they're doing close to what WWECW is doing now.

Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Quote:
TNA, which saw it's flagship iMPACT! show do a 1.2 cable rating on Thursday (according to Nielsen Media Research and WrestlingObserver.com; PWTorch.com called the rating a 1.17 and TNA's third-highest ever), is "working with the idea" that they'll have two hours this fall, according to PWInsider.com. The site goes on to report that TNA's Dixie Carter and Jeff Jarrett were in Los Angeles late last week meeting with Fox executives. Word is that if TNA stays with Spike, the network will move UFC programming to Wednesdays to make room for two hours of iMPACT! on Thursday nights. Sources have told PWInsider.com that Fox and TNA have discussed a deal that would have TNA shows on multiple networks owned by the media conglamorate, with a show perhaps airing live each week. Fox and parent company NewsCorp own the following entities, which in my opinion makes this interesting to say the least: Fox Broadcast Network, MyNetworkTV, FX, Fox Sports Net, Fox Reality, FUEL TV, MySpace and much more.

Also according to the site, former WWE Divas Shelly Martinez (Ariel) and Nidia are being talked about for possible additions to a women's division. Obviously, with two hours, one would think TNA would be more open to adding a new championship.

In other TNA news, there's an interview with Jay Lethal about his "Black Machismo" gimmick (and a conversation he had with the real Macho Man) here.

Quote:
"Oooooh yeeeah!" Can you dig it? asks the raspy voice on the other line.

Close your eyes for a few moments, and you'd swear you were listening to "Macho Man" Randy Savage deliver some of his trademark phrases.

But it's not Savage. Instead, it's the next best thing, especially if you're a pro wrestling fan these days.

TNA (Total Nonstop Action) performer Jay Lethal, now known simply as "Black Machismo," is — hands-down — one of the most entertaining characters on the wrestling circuit today. His hilarious, spot-on spoof of Savage, one of the profession's biggest stars of the '80s and '90s, is something that shouldn't be missed.'

Local fans will get a chance to see Lethal up close and personal at a United Wrestling Federation show this evening at Rick Hendrick Jeep Chrysler, 8333 Rivers Ave., in North Charleston. Lethal will meet "The Phenomenal" A.J. Styles and "Canadian Destroyer" Petey Williams in a three-way match that promises to steal the show.

Only 22 years old with four years of mat experience under his belt, Lethal is one of the sport's young lions who has earned strong reviews for not only his gimmick, but also for his high-flying ring style.

The gimmick, he says, started out as a joke.

"I would just do the Macho Man voice. I used to do it all the time at home. Then I started doing it all the time in the locker room, and everybody got a big, big kick out of it."

One night, he says, the crew was imitating American Idol during a TNA skit, and Kevin Nash and Jeff Jarrett suggested that Lethal do the Macho Man impersonation.

"Aw, I don't know, I heard the Macho Man was crazy," the youngster sheepishly told his veteran colleagues.

"I sure didn't want to do it on TV and have the Macho Man all mad and come after me and kill me," jokes Lethal.

But Nash and Jarrett, convinced that they were on to something, persisted.

As part of the storyline, Lethal was taken under the wing of Nash, who gave his protege an "extreme makeover." The transformation saw Lethal morph from a nondescript mid-card performer to a loud and flashy Macho Man clone. On the April 12 edition of TNA's Impact show, Lethal was led to the ring by a remixed version of "Pomp and Circumstance," Savage's familiar entrance music, and dressed in full "Macho Man" attire. Billed as "Black Machismo," Lethal defeated Chris Sabin with, naturally, Savage's signature flying elbow drop.

The gimmick has caught on like wildfire and made Lethal one of TNA's most popular performers.

"He's got the gimmick to go with it now, but I've always been a big fan of his in-ring work," says UWF promoter Hermie Sadler. "He just needed something gimmick-wise to separate himself from the other guys in the X division ... He takes that character and does everything in the ring that you expect him to do, but at the same time he's got a little flavor to it and a character that you laugh at, and he takes it to another level."

"I did it that one time, and I haven't been able to stop doing it," Lethal laughs.

Lethal says Savage, whom he "idolized as a kid growing up," recently called him and told him he loved the character.

"I actually was able to get in touch with him for about a five-minute conversation. He was all for it. He says he was flattered and thought it was cool that I idolized him."

--The Steiner Brothers and The Rock 'N Roll Express will face off tonight in the first round of UWF's inaugural Rock 'N Roll Express Tag-Team Championship. Other first-round bouts include: The Extreme Horsemen vs. The Old School Empire (winners face Too Cool); The Naturals vs. Christian York and Joey Matthews (winners face Team Macktion); and LAX (managed by Konnan) vs. Diamonds In The Rough. Amy Dumas (formerly Lita) and Daffney also will appear on the show. Tickets start at $10.

The meet-and-greet Ultimate Experience event begins at 6 p.m. NASCAR analyst Jeff Hammond, a lifelong wrestling fan, will participate in the pre-show Ultimate Experience along with the stars of the UWF. Doors open at 7 p.m. for the general public. Bell time is 8 p.m. Admission to the after-party at The Plex featuring Amy Dumas and The Luchagors is free with a ticket to the UWF event. Admission without a ticket is $10.

Reach Mike Mooneyham at mooneyham@postandcourier.com or 937-5517.

Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Quote:
TNAWrestling.com has been posting episodes of its online show TNA Today multiple times per week, including exclusive matches, interviews and other segments with host Jeremy Borash. Some items of note from recent episodes:

- In the July 19 edition, Borash interviewed Triple X (Christopher Daniels, Elix Skipper and Senshi), who have recently reunited. Some fans were wondering how this was the case, since Skipper and Daniels lost a "loser can no longer be a team" match vs. America's Most Wanted some time ago. In the interview, Skipper revealed that TNA had released him, and when he re-signed, he had a stipulation added to the contract giving him "no restrictions," therefore allowing he and Daniels go get back together. Daniels went on to say that he has partnered with like-minded individuals and they have their eyes set on the Tag, X Division and World Championships. Senshi agreed.

- On July 25, the Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin) teamed up to face "The Guru" Sonjay Dutt and Petey Williams in an exclusive match; and on July 24, Shelley & Sabin talked about their new training techniques in a pretty funny interview segment.

- The July 20 edition is a post-iMPACT! show, with Chris Harris telling Dustin Rhodes "I promise you, you'll never forget the name Wildcat." Doh. Also, in his first interview since serious throat surgery, Scott Steiner tells Borash that he feels lucky to be alive, and gives details about his surgery and recovery.

- The July 17 show includes an interview with Kaz about his future away from Seratonin; and the July 23 show has an interview with Gail Kim, which includes a surprise marriage proposal from none other than Black Machismo.

Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Quote:
According to Dave Meltzer at WrestlingObserver.com, "Kurt Angle is trying to broker a deal for Brock Lesnar to come to TNA. Dixie Carter and Lesnar have already begun talks." PWInsiderElite.com reporter Mike Johnson said basically the same thing earlier today in an audio hotline.

Also reported by Johnson were the names of some TNA talent recently and/or about-to-be released by the company. Names reported by Johnson and then listed in Meltzer's latest news report are Matt Bentley (a.k.a. Martyr of Serotonin, who happens to be related to Shawn Michaels), Brother Runt (f.k.a. Spike Dudley) and Doug Basham. Johnson noted that Bentley's contract is actually up in approximately two weeks, and it isn't expected that he will be re-signed. Meltzer suggests that financial cutbacks are taking place due in part to the signing of Pacman Jones.

For what it's worth, Martyr, Runt and Basham's names are not listed on TNA's Roster Page. Other names not listed and Jerry Lynn and The Damaja (Danny Basham). New names listed: Pacman Jones, Andrew Martin, Black Reign (Dustin Runnels), Matt Morgan, Prime Time (Elix Skipper), Rick Steiner and Roxy Laveaux.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Apparently Lynn asked for his release and the company obliged.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Eric Valdez sent in the following notes from the recently released Matt Bentley's appearance on Between the Ropes Radio in Florida the other night:

- Matt said TNA never drug tested him and he didn't see other guys being tested either.

- He said TNA used to be a fun place to wrestle for but now its all about entertainment and said Dutch Mantel has a lot to do with the problems in the company.

- According to Matt, the morale in TNA is very low and alot of the guys are upset about the former WWE guys being brought in and given a push.

- He talked about all these former WWE stars coming in and the ratings still dont go up.

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
I agree with his point. For example, Petey Williams is a fantastic wrestler and someone who can get totally over with a crowd whether he's a face or a heel, and part of the reason I got started with TNA, but he's been placed on the back burner for guys like Test and Matt Morgan, who couldn't get over in the 'E, despite numerous pushes and gimmicks. They both have potential, but TNA should really spend its time with people who have proven to get heat.

All hail King Snarf!

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Which was my argument ages ago when they brought in Tomko, and you defended that!

Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts

I will say that in the case of Tomko, I think for the most part, he's been used well. he's generally in the background or doing Cage's dirty work, which is a good role for him, and he's had some decent brawls with Abyss.

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
I like Christian's "toy belt" comments regarding Tomko's IWGP tag title.

All hail King Snarf!

Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Quote:
There are of course a lot of internal talks in TNA about starting a drug testing program. The final call will be up to Dixie Carter but now that Congress is in contact with them, they recognise that something has to be put in place.

Spike TV is moving UFC from their Thursday night slot on the 20th September. The current contract for Impact expires on the 30th, so TNA's first show under a new deal would be the 4th October. They are expected to get the extra hour vacated by UFC, with tapings held every second Monday or Tuesday.

Jeff Jarrett went to a Linkin Park gig in Tampa with the Bollea family to celebrate Hulk Hogan's 54th birthday recently. Some things are just so weird they inspire unwellness.

The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
Source: PWHeadlines.com

Quote:
-- Apparently, Samoa Joe has continued to air his frustrations out with fellow workers. He has been telling people that he would rather accept an entry level contract with WWE, which is believed to be $50,000 a year, rather than signing an extension with TNA. Joe’s contract is set to expire shortly and has no intentions of resigning once his contract is up.

-- The current plan has Kurt Angle defending all his TNA title successfully at No Surrender next month. He will then defend his titles at Bound for Glory in Atlanta. It’s rumored that he will face the returning Jeff Jarrett.

-- Several TNA wrestlers had complained about Pacman Jones getting his own Winnebago for a dressing room at TNA’s Hard Justice PPV.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo Forum- Come for the games...stay for TEH DRAMA!!!
Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Brock Lesnar has held discussions with Dixie Carter as Kurt Angle continues to try and finalise a deal for him with TNA. Lesnar had previously tried to land a Mick Foley sort of deal with WWE, where he would only be contracted to a couple of PPVs per year. Paul Heyman also tried to get him back in WWE last year to take over from Big Show as the dominant heel in ECW. Vince McMahon wanted nothing to do with Lesnar and still doesn't, having been burned not just by the way he left in 2004 but because they thought he was returning in 2005 and then he chose New Japan instead. Dave Meltzer believes TNA have offered him a six-figure sum for a part-time deal and that Sable may be involved too, perhaps leading to a feud with Kurt and Karen Angle. He is also reporting that Karen is well-liked in TNA, despite issues some may have with the amount of TV time she gets. Her recent on-air companion is John Cena's cousin, Trademarc. He is good friends with Kurt in real life and has apparently had a falling out with Cena.

Kip James has major heat with TNA. When he was taken off the schedule for a recent tapings session he started complaining really loudly about how they are wasting their money on Pacman Jones and the like instead of pushing their wrestlers.

Pacman Jones and Ron Killings have reportedly become good friends and are considering doing a rap album together. When Jones found out that Killings was not staying at the Doubletree Hotel with the main TNA stars he complained to Jeff Jarrett. They then set up Killings with a room and planned to take the cost out of his salary, only for Jones to complain again so it was comped for Killings.

Speaking of Jarrett, the Wrestling Observer says that his relationship with his father Jerry is so bad that he didn't even attend the funeral of his wife Jill.

Vito was backstage at Hard Justice, looking for a deal. He is an old friend of Vince Russo's and wants to do a Muay Thai gimmick.

Meltzer is also reporting that Jim Cornette is starting to get more and more upset with TNA's current direction.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter, 27 August 2007

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
"Speaking of Jarrett, the Wrestling Observer says that his relationship with his father Jerry is so bad that he didn't even attend the funeral of his wife Jill."

What a fucking asshole the old man is.

"Kip James has major heat with TNA. When he was taken off the schedule for a recent tapings session he started complaining really loudly about how they are wasting their money on Pacman Jones and the like instead of pushing their wrestlers."

The whole Pacman thing is tacky, and a joke. Par for the course with wrestling, but still...

"Meltzer is also reporting that Jim Cornette is starting to get more and more upset with TNA's current direction."

WWE is probably looking pretty good right now. Or exactly the same as TNA, which it essentially is...

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
I got bored with TNA a while sago, and frankly I'm bored with the fans whining as well. You want good wrestling? buy indy DVD's like 1PW or ROH.

As for TNA itself, it's as much the young talent that bores me as the old ones. They've either got decent enough wrestlers that suck at promo's, or older talent that can be entertaining but just feel kinda lifeless. Course, they still have The Christian Coalition and a couple of dcent tag teams, so I occasionally tune in, but mostly I stick with DVD's for my fix now.

OOK OOK ACK EEK!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
You really miss Monty Brown, don't you?

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: SpandexMonkeyMan
I got bored with TNA a while sago, and frankly I'm bored with the fans whining as well. You want good wrestling? buy indy DVD's like 1PW or ROH.

Not everyone has a budget to buy DVDs.
Is it really whining when the weekly shows on tv are shit?

Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Source - PWInsider

Tonight's TNA Impact tapings will be the final three "one hour" episodes at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. TNA really hasn't announced much for tonight's tapings; however rumors have surfaced that the long-planned TNA Women's division will start in some form tonight, possibly a match or two. TNA has wanted to add more female wrestling to the product for quite some time now, but has been waiting on a longer television timeslot.

Starting in October, TNA will tape two hours on Monday and then two hours on Tuesday, remaining at Universal Studios' Soundstage 21. The company will then return two weeks later to repeat the process. Monday, October 1st the company will tape the October 4th two-hour debut show. The first episode will be shot "live to tape" in terms of the commentary. TNA's new deal with SpikeTV is contracted until October 2009.

Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Source - Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Kevin Nash is pushing TNA to sign Scott Hall and bring back Sean Waltman. Nash says that Hall is back in good shape and is now clear headed. As reported last week, TNA has already sent feelers in to look at Hall and has expressed interest in Waltman.

Samoa Joe has continued to turn down requests to sign a contract extension with TNA.

Jim Cornette missed the August 27th iMPACT tapings. Some people speculated he was frustrated, however Cornette wasn’t feeling well and has to drive to Orlando from Louisville (he hates flying with a passion).

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Well, I'm sad to hear about Joe, as he's the main reason I got into TNA in the first place. On the other hand, I've always dug Waltman as a performer (if not as a person), and when he's sober, Scott Hall is one of the better performers in the business.

All hail King Snarf!

Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Quote:
2 Cold Scorpio was backstage at TNA's No Surrender PPV.

Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Quote:
The original finish for the Kurt Angle vs Jay Lethal match at No Surrender was for someone to interfere in the match and cost Angle the X Title. It was Angle's idea to put Lethal over with a clean fall.

Dave Meltzer is reporting that Sean Waltman and girlfriend Alicia Webb (Ryan Shamrock from the WWF) have moved into an apartment in Mexico City. Waltman's son is also staying with them there. They are also in charge of what is known as the AAA Road Puppy, which was homeless and turned up in the dressing room after an AAA show on the 08 September then played with Waltman's son. Waltman is still being linked with a return to TNA.

Although Samoa Joe has turned down offers of a contract extension, his current TNA deal still has around a year to run.

TNA is considering running shows in Tel Aviv, Israel, on the 15-17 November. Tickets have gone on sale but the shows themselves will not be booked unless sales look promising.

One of the reasons behind TNA ditching Andrew Martin was that he had written a pro-steroids article on his MySpace account before they brought him in. Obviously that is now something of a no-no for the company to be associated with.

Also, the Wrestling Observer says TNA talent has been told to prepare for drug testing. Management said that if they couldn't pass a test held in a month's time then they should inform them.

For those still wondering, Paul Heyman's WWE contract expired a few months ago, but TNA has no interest in bringing him in.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter, 17 September 2007 (click here for subscription information)

1. You do not talk about snarf.
7500+ posts
1. You do not talk about snarf.
7500+ posts
I think Paul Heyman really need a go at booking again - his recent ECW stint doesn't count!

Just give him six months uninterupted and see if he can still do it!

Me No Rikey Rob, he's a banana queer!

I shit on Hogan!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
ROY BATTY for Mod!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard