Next Thread
Print Thread
PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
PWTorch.com (direct link to Caldwell's report) or to avoid pop-ups, check Neo-Geo Forum: Official WWE Thread Post #7044 and posts thereafter.

1 -- MVP vs. MATT HARDY -- U.S. Title match
WINNER: MVP in 14:00 to retain the U.S. Title. Nearfalls: Hardy 9, MVP 7. Very good opening match. It was sloppy at times, but in a way that played into the believability of the in-ring action since it's theoretically a real fight. Surprisingly, they opened the show with a heel retaining a belt. (***)

2 -- CRUISERWEIGHT OPEN -- CW Title match
WINNER: Hornswoggle in 6:00 to capture the CW Title. Nearfalls: Yang 2, Moore 3, Noble 1, Chavo 1, Funaki 1. Blame Caldwell. I think I half-jokingly suggested this in the C&R Audio Update previewing the Bash. This isn't new territory for Hornswoggle, who won a version of the X Division Title on the NWA circuit as Shortstack before coming to WWE. (*1/2)

3 -- THE SANDMAN vs. CARLITO -- Singapore Cane on a pole match
WINNER: Carlito in 6:00. Nearfalls: None. Basic singles match. Can't really be disappointed that they didn't use the Kendo Stick since the match wasn't even advertised on TV. (*)

4 -- CANDICE MICHELLE vs. MELINA -- Women's Title match
WINNER: Candice in 6:00 to retain the Women's Title. Nearfalls: Melina 2, Candice 2. Decent action. A struggle at times, as Candice is getting there, but she's not fluid for the entire length of a match. (*1/4)

5 -- UMAGA vs. JEFF HARDY -- Intercontinental Title match
WINNER: Umaga in 12:00 to retain the IC Title. Nearfalls: Hardy 3, Umaga 2. What a dramatic final five minutes. Easily the most exciting stretch of wrestling on the show tonight. Umaga is under-rated as a worker, while the Hardys continue to deliver solid wrestling as singles wrestlers. (***1/4)

6 -- JOHN MORRISON vs. C.M. PUNK -- ECW Title match
WINNER: Morrison in 8:00 to retain the ECW Title. Nearfalls: Nitro 3, Punk 6. Crowd came down from the IC Title match and just watched this one. Decent action. Let's hope Punk was just selling that knee, but the pin seemed to be an audible called in the ring. (**)

7 -- RANDY ORTON vs. DUSTY RHODES -- Texas Bullrope match
WINNER: Orton in 6:00. Nearfalls: Dusty 0, Orton 0. Entertaining, but for being one of the most-hyped matches on the card, six minutes was too short, especially when the match was starting to build momentum. Maybe I've seen too many wrestling angles, but I can't help but think the Cody-turns-on-Dusty angle is coming at some point. (*1/2)

8 -- GREAT KHALI (w/The Translator) vs. BATISTA vs. KANE -- World Hvt. Title match
WINNER: Khali in 11:00 to retain the World Hvt. Title. Nearfalls: Kane 2, Batista 1, Khali 1. Decent drama considering the lack of athleticism in the ring. They're going to have to do more gimmick matches with Khali as champion because there aren't too many John Cenas on the roster to carry him to a solid WWE-style main event match. (**1/4)

9 -- JOHN CENA vs. BOBBY LASHLEY -- WWE Title match
WINNER: Cena in 15:00 to retain the WWE Title. Nearfalls: Lashley 8, Cena 3. The fastest 15-minute title match I can remember because it just flowed so well. It seems like they were just getting started once they went to the finish at 15:00, yet there was great drama packed into that quarter-hour that it was a complete title match. Lashley losing a close match indirectly put over the other men on the card who lost close matches. A well-booked conclusion to the PPV. (***1/2)

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo Forum- Come for the games...stay for TEH DRAMA!!!
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: PixieP
PWTorch.com (direct link to Caldwell's report) or to avoid pop-ups, check Neo-Geo Forum: Official WWE Thread Post #7044 and posts thereafter.

1 -- MVP vs. MATT HARDY -- U.S. Title match

They never even mentioned that the ending was totally botched!

Quote:
Umaga is under-rated as a worker

What the fuck?
Does this guy know anything about wrestling?

Quote:
because there aren't too many John Cenas on the roster to carry him to a solid WWE-style main event match

Well, I guess he answered me with this comment!
This guy knows jack shit!

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
The Cruiserweight Title just lost some luster...

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Nowhereman

Does this guy know anything about wrestling?

He seems to be a Cena fanboy. That's tells the whole story right there...

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: MisterJLA
The Cruiserweight Title just lost some luster...

You mean the title that has about 5 people eligable and only gets defended once a year?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Yeah, that's the one...

Really though, that's Mahon's fault. He could use what he has more wisely, and even add light heavyweig ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR cruiserweights to the roster...

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
We know they have no idea.
If they did, they wouldnt have transferred half the cruiserweights to Raw and half the women to SmackDown.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
But WWE has no control over that crazy draft machine!

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Funny thing with the draft is it only dawned on me recently as to why Batista was drafted to SD when he was champ.
WWE realised that their top show was RAW, and the title on that show was the WCW title!
The WWE title was on the 2nd tier show!

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"

Link Copied to Clipboard