Next Thread
Print Thread
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
'American Dad' Season 3 Premieres Tonight

• The third season of FOX's American Dad begins airing tonight with an episode entitled "Vacation Goo." When Francine finds out that all of their family vacations are just fake memories Stan created by sticking them in goo, she demands a real vacation, preferably a cruise.

However, when the vacation seems too good to be true, Francine grows convinced that the CIA is behind everything and causes the entire family to suffer the consequences. Meanwhile, Roger tries his best to become the greatest actor who has ever lived.

When this show first aired, I thought it was horrible. Last year, however, I actually kind of liked it better than "Family Guy."

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
400 x 200 G-Man!
400 x 200!

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
yeah it's turning out pretty good. I think Mcfarlane did it in response to the critics who say he relies on cutaway jokes on Family Guy and can't do a stable story.

Bow ties are coool.
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
i thought it was pretty good. the whole alien/stripper/whore thing was funny as hell...

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
My major complaint about the show is that the Dad isn't extremist enough. I think the show would be funnier if they made him more of a cross between Brock Samson on "the Venture Brothers" and Colonel Flagg from "MASH".

There have been a few moments where they hint at that kind of character: when Stan was having a fight with his wife about politics and we later see him on the roof, aiming at her with a sniper rifle, or the time he traveled back in the time with the ghost of Christmas past and used the opportunity to try and assassinate Jane Fonda. But too often they portray dad as simply an amiable goof, not that different than most other sitcom dads.

Judge, Jury, Executioner
few posts
Judge, Jury, Executioner
few posts
When I first watched 'Family Guy', I felt it was a 'Simpsons' rip-off, though I've enjoyed a few episodes and some of the characters (the baby and the dog in particular). 'American Dad' seemed promising first but early discovered it was just another version of 'Family Guy', with some parody of ALF.

If the new season comes here I might check it out.

'You're coming with me, dead or alive.' - Robocop
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I've been catching up on this season on Hulu and I have to say that right now the show seems to be better than ever and definitely the best of the Fox sitcoms right now.

The move away from Roger-centric episodes and towards more stories involving Steve has helped the program tremendously.

I have to admit, however, I was a little surprised by the recent "fake ID" episode when they said that Hayley wasn't yet 21. I'd assumed the character was older by now.

Link Copied to Clipboard