Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
few posts
OP Offline
few posts
Just a heads-up for everyone at the RKMBs.

Beta testing for AIDS v5.0 has entered its final stages. We expect to have a stable version up and running by June at the latest. In order to maintain our current high standards of customer care, we will be ending technical support for AIDS v3.0 as of 31st March, 2008 and diverting manpower to dealing with the issues raised by the new edition.

We also have good news for everyone on the RKMBS. As early up-takers of the original AIDS, you are entitled to a free copy of the latest version. Check out some of our great new features:

• SIV emulator! Now you can have the Simian Immunodeficiency Virus, just like our monkey cousins!

• Virtual ArcAIDS! Indulge in a little retro nostalgia with these faithful reproductions of old versions of the HIV virus.

• AIDS genealogy! – It’s never been easier to find out whether your strain of HIV is related to the strain that killed Freddie Mercury.

• Tabbed AIDS! Running several different types of AIDS at once has never been easier.

A CLARIFICATION

AIDS is not a malicious virus, as is being reported in some quarters of the internet. AIDS is an immune system management suite. Spread the word or the people from different cultures and religions to our own will win.

"Season three of The Wire opens with two towers being blown up. This initiates a dumb and protracted war. Now people will come to me and ask, 'Is there a metaphor here?' Well what the fuck do you think?"

- David Simon
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Eh, I got this months ago through Soulseek.

The alt
15000+ posts
The alt
15000+ posts
2.In the Gregorian calendar, the current standard calendar in most of the world, most years whose division by 4 equals an integer are leap years. In one leap year, the month of February has 29 days instead of 28. Adding an extra day to the calendar every four years compensates for the fact that a solar year is almost 6 hours longer than 365 days.
However, some exceptions to this rule are required since the duration of a solar year is slightly less than 365.25 days. Years which are evenly divisible by 100 are not leap years, unless they are also evenly divisible by 400, in which case they are leap years.[1][2] For example, 1600 and 2000 were leap years, but 1700, 1800 and 1900 were not. Going forward, 2100, 2200, 2300, 2500, 2600, 2700, 2900, and 3000 will not be leap years, but 2400 and 2800 will be. By this rule, the average number of days per year will be 365 + 1/4 − 1/100 + 1/400 = 365.2425, which is 365 days, 5 hours, 49 minutes, and 12 seconds.
The Gregorian calendar was designed to keep the vernal equinox on or close to March 21, so that the date of Easter (celebrated on the Sunday after the 14th day of the Moon that falls on or after 21 March) remains correct with respect to the vernal equinox.[3] The vernal equinox year is about 365.242374 days long (and increasing), whereas the average year length of the Gregorian calendar is 365.2425.
The marginal difference of 0.000125 days means that in around 8,000 years, the calendar will be about one day behind where it is now. But in 8,000 years, the length of the vernal equinox year will have changed by an amount which cannot be accurately predicted (see below). Therefore, the current Gregorian calendar suffices for practical purposes, and Herschel's correction (making 4000 AD not a leap year) will probably not be necessary.

The alt
15000+ posts
The alt
15000+ posts
3.February 29 is a date that occurs only every four years, and is called leap day. This day is added to the calendar in leap years as a corrective measure, because the earth does not orbit around the sun in precisely 365.000 days.
The Gregorian calendar is a modification of the Julian calendar first used by the Romans. The Roman calendar originated as a lunisolar calendar and named many of its days after the syzygies of the moon: the new moon (Kalendae or calends, hence "calendar") and the full moon (Idus or ides). The Nonae or nones was not the first quarter moon but was exactly one nundinae or Roman market week of nine days before the ides, inclusively counting the ides as the first of those nine days. In 1825, Ideler believed that the lunisolar calendar was abandoned about 450 BC by the decemvirs, who implemented the Roman Republican calendar, used until 46 BC. The days of these calendars were counted down (inclusively) to the next named day, so 24 February was ante diem sextum Kalendas Martii ("the sixth day before the calends of March") often abbreviated a. d. VI Kal. Mar. The Romans counted days inclusively in their calendars, so this was actually the fifth day before March 1 when counted in the modern exclusive manner (not including the starting day).[4]
The Republican calendar's intercalary month was inserted on the first or second day after the Terminalia (a. d. VII Kal. Mar., February 23). The remaining days of Februarius were dropped. This intercalary month, named Intercalaris or Mercedonius, contained 27 days. The religious festivals that were normally celebrated in the last five days of February were moved to the last five days of Intercalaris. Because only 22 or 23 days were effectively added, not a full lunation, the calends and ides of the Roman Republican calendar were no longer associated with the new moon and full moon.

The alt
15000+ posts
The alt
15000+ posts
Hootie & The Blowfish
Time

Time, why you punish me?
Like a wave bashing into the shore
You wash away my dreams.

Time, why you walk away?
Like a friend with somewhere to go
You left me crying

Can you teach me about tommorrow
And all the pain and sorrow
Running free?
Cause tomorrows just another day
And I dont believe in time

Time, I dont understand
Children killing in the street
Dying for the color of red
Time, hey there red and blue
Wash them in the ocean, make them clean,
Maybe their mothers wont cry tonight

Can you teach me about tomorrow
All the pain and sorrow
Running free?
But tomorrows just another day
And I dont believe in...

Chorus:

Time is wasting
Time is walking
You aint no friend of mine
I dont know where Im goin
I think Im out of my mind
Thinking about time

And if I die tomorrow, yeah
Just lay me down in sleep

(chorus)

Time, you left me standing there
Like a tree growing all alone
The wind just stripped me bare, stripped me bare
Time, the past has come and gone
The futures far away
Now only lasts for one second, one second
Can you teach me about tomorrow
And all the pain and sorrow
Running free?
cause tomorrows just another day
And I dont believe in time

(chorus)

Time, why you punish me?

The alt
15000+ posts
The alt
15000+ posts
Willie Nelson,
Funny How Time Slips Away

Well hello there
My, it's been a long, long time
And how am I doing?
Well, I guess that I'm doing fine
It's been been so long now, but it seems like it was only yesterday
Gee, ain't it funny, how time slips away.

And how's your new love?
Well, I hope that he's doin fine
I heard you told him, that you'd love him till the end of time
It's been so long now
But it seems like only yesterday
Gee, ain't it funny, how time just slips away.

Well I gotta go now
And I guess I'll see you around
But I dont know when though
Cause you never know when I'll be back in town
But remember, what I told you
That in time your gonna pay
And it's suprising, how time slips away.

Gee, ain't it funny, how times just slips away.

The alt
15000+ posts
The alt
15000+ posts
Greatest Country And Western Songs Of All Time
* Get Your Biscuits In The Oven And Your Buns In The Bed
* Get Your Tongue Outta My Mouth 'Cause I'm Kissing You
Goodbye
* Her Teeth Were Stained, But Her Heart Was Pure
* I Changed Her Oil, She Changed My Life
* I Don't Know Whether To Kill Myself Or Go Bowling
* I Flushed You From The Toilets Of My Heart.
* I Keep Forgettin' I Forgot About You
* I Wanna Whip Your Cow
* I Would Have Wrote You A Letter, But I Couldn't Spell
Yuck
* I'd Rather Have A Bottle In Front Of Me Than A Frontal
Lobotomy
* I've Got The Hungries For Your Love And I'm Waiting In
Your Welfare Line
* If My Nose Were Full of Nickels, I'd Blow It All On You
* If You Don't Leave Me Alone, I'll Go And Find Someone
Else Who Will
* Mama Get The Hammer (There's A Fly On Papa's Head)
* My John Deere Was Breaking Your Field, While Your Dear
John Was Breaking My Heart
* My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend, And I Sure Do Miss
Him
* Pardon Me, I've Got Someone To Kill
* She Got The Gold Mine And I Got The Shaft
* She Made Toothpicks Out Of The Timber Of My Heart
* Thank God And Greyhound She's Gone
* They May Put Me In Prison, But They Can't Stop My Face
From Breakin' Out
* When You Leave Walk Out Backwards, So I'll Think You're
Walking In