Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod

\:lol\: I love how easy it is to get under your skin these days, G. All I have to do is point out your methods of lying and denial, and you twist like crazy. For example, when you bring me up out of the blue in a thread I'm not participating in, in desperate hopes of working up some "bit" for you and basams to back-and-forth on...all the while creating predictably childish insults towards me...I know without a doubt that I have not only broken you (a loooong time ago, old man), but that I have "won". Thanks for that! \:lol\:

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Really? That's all you guys got? Come on... \:lol\:

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
doesnt whomod always say is that all you got?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Oh and nice attempt at deflection, G. Once you realized the accuracy of my post, you immediately went into "Lump-with-Whomod" mode. It's like fucking clockwork, man...

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Lucius Prometheus Vorenus love Moderator Thirteenth!!
15000+ posts 10/16/08 07:00 PM Reading a post
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: Free Speech in the Era of Obama

\:lol\:

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Lucius Prometheus Vorenus love Moderator Thirteenth!!
15000+ posts 10/16/08 07:00 PM Reading a post

*PROMOD CAN NOT COMPUTE*

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
What does me having the thread open in a tab (I open many at one time in Firefox) have to do with anything?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
*DANGER DANGER DANGER*

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Okay basams. Whatever you need, man...

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
*MEMORY SAVED*

*COMMENCE SHUTDOWN*

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
The National Journal reports that Toledo, Ohio, officials plan to notify "Joe the Plumber" Worzelbacher that he's out of work, following his televised criticism of Democrat Presidential candidate Barack Obama's tax plan:
A staff person with the Toledo Division of Building Inspection told On Call this afternoon that her division will contact Wurzelbacher to notify him that he can't work without a license. "We're trying to track him down," she said. In the meantime, the Democrat-friendly local plumbers' union is fuming. "He has no license whatsoever with the city of Toledo," said Tom Joseph, the business manager for Local Union 50 of the Plumbers, Steamfitters and Service Mechanics, which has endorsed Obama. "He has no license in the state of Ohio. He has no contractor's license in the state of Ohio. He is not a plumber. He works for a plumber."

Freedom of speech is recognized as an inalienable right of the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and as a human right under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Apparently, no one bothered to tell Obama's supporters that.

the Offline
Ignored by 3 users and 2 moderators
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Pariah nerdy Moderator Triteness kicks us in the nads.
15000+ posts Fri Oct 17 2008 01:46 AM Reading a post

the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Pariah nerdy Moderator Triteness kicks us in the nads.
15000+ posts Fri Oct 17 2008 02:17 AM Reading a post

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
Dude. Junior High School students are NOT relevant. Even if they completely make themselves into asses. Jr.High is when EVERY kid is a moron. Give those retards a break, eh?

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Obama's campaign has spread these lies that any criticism of his holiness is racism, this girls pain is on his hands.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
heh. you know that just makes me like him more, right?

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081019/ap_on_re_us/joe_the_plumber_media

Quote:
NEW YORK – "Joe the Plumber" is lashing out at the media for analyzing his personal life since he suddenly became a focal point of the presidential race last week.

Joe Wurzelbacher, a plumber from Holland, Ohio, told Mike Huckabee on his Fox News talk show Saturday that he is upset by the attention and has been unable to work with reporters crowded on his front lawn.

"The media's worried about whether I've paid my taxes, they're worried about any number of silly things that have nothing to do with America," Wurzelbacher told the former Republican presidential hopeful on his show, "Huckabee."

Wurzelbacher said he felt terrible after reading some of the criticism of himself posted online.

"I felt about that small," he said. "I mean I really did."

Republican presidential candidate John McCain has been portraying Wurzelbacher as emblematic of people with concerns about Obama's tax plans.

Wurzelbacher became famous after he met Obama and said the Democrat's tax proposal could keep him from buying the two-man plumbing company where he works. However, reports of Wurzelbacher's annual earnings suggest he would receive a tax cut rather than an increase under Obama's plan.

"You know, I am a plumber," Wurzelbacher said. "Just a plumber."

Wurzelbacher said he agreed to appear on the show after he received phone calls from friends serving in the military who voiced their support.

"You know, when you can't ask a question of your leaders anymore, that gets scary," he said.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
very scary.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Welcome to the “thugocracy”: the Obama camp wants to Department of Justice to investigate not voter registration fraud, but people talking about voting fraudincluding the GOP ticket. If you don’t believe it, read the bizarre letter sent by the Obama campaign’s lawyer. This one follows on the heels of another letter asking the DOJ to “investigate” the 527 independent group which ran one of the first Bill Ayers ads.

The McCain camp is naturally not pleased and put out a statement which reads in part:

Today’s outrageous letter to Attorney General Mukasey and Special Prosecutor Dannehy at the Justice Department asking for a special prosecutor to investigate Senator McCain and Governor Palin’s public statements about ACORN’s record of fraudulent voter registrations (including in this week’s Presidential debate) is absurd. It is a typical time-worn Washington attempt to criminalize political differences. For someone who promises ‘change,’ it is certainly only more of the same.

“The letter’s request that the Department of Justice investigate ‘recent partisan Republican activities throughout the country’ is almost a parody of the Obama campaign’s attempt to intimidate their political opponents. In case Sen. Obama’s lawyer did not notice, we are in the midst of a political campaign, not a coronation, and the alleged criminal activity he calls ‘recent partisan Republican activities’ are what the rest of us call campaign speeches and debates. All of this is unfortunately reminiscent of the Obama campaign’s recent creation of a ‘truth squad’ of Missouri prosecutors and sheriffs to ‘target’ people who criticize Sen. Obama.

And if you are wondering where civil liberties groups and the mainstream media are, you have to understand: the First Amendment ranks considerably lower than getting The One elected. On his way out the door, Attorney General Mukasey might perform one last bit of public service and give a series of lectures on the centrality of free speech, the sanctity of free and fair elections, and the utter inappropriateness of using the power of the state to silence your opponents.

And, as we start to bear an uncanny resemblance to a banana republic — complete with a cult of The Leader, roaming thugs in support of the same, and fraud-tainted voting – you’ll know that we really are experiencing “change.” Whether this is a passing spasm of election exuberance or a frightful look at the future remains to be seen.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://pajamasmedia.com/claudiarosett/first-they-came-for-joe-the-plumber/

Quote:

Joe’s question about taxes threw a wrench into Barack Obama’s campaign pitch. So, oh what a background check Joe got. Within days, reports were all over the news that Joe owes back taxes, he doesn’t have an Ohio plumber’s license, his real name is Samuel, and he is — shock and horror — a registered Republican. Within days, Obama and Biden were holding up Joe to [1] public ridicule, and by implication mocking any American working stiff who might have the audacity [2] to want to earn more than $250,000 per year.

Obama may be full of talk about delivering the American dream, but he apparently has enormous disdain for Americans who actually sweat to earn it for themselves. He wants to take Joe’s money and spread it around in the name of helping others get ahead — but if anyone gets ahead more than Obama deems fitting, watch out.

It seems that Joe’s sins are less than [3] the litany would make them. He may not have a plumber’s license, but he works for someone who does. He owes back taxes, but less than $1,200. And at least to date, it is not a crime in America to use a nickname or be a registered Republican.

But to [4] squabble over Joe’s record is to miss the real point. Obama is the one running for public office, aspiring to the country’s highest position of power and public trust. Joe is not. He’s a private citizen, who had every right to ask a very good question. He wanted to know why he was being taxed “more and more for fulfilling the American dream?”

What he got from the well-heeled Senators Obama and Biden was mockery and contempt.

Most disturbing is this: If that’s how Joe the Plumber gets dealt with while Obama is still stumping for votes, then what happens to Joe, or anyone else who dares question Obama’s plans, should Obama win the White House?

Should we expect that that the answer will be targeted investigations, a public display of whatever can be dug up in the way of private laundry, and sneers from the Oval Office?

In the interest of having an informed electorate, it would be far more valuable were the media teams working less frantically to dig up dirt on Joe, and a lot harder on filling in the gaps in the record of candidate Obama. Why won’t Obama release his Columbia transcripts? What exactly was he doing during those gaps in the bio?

How are we supposed to square the lavish praise of Obama’s intellectual powers and refined sensitivities with his professed failure during years of intimate acquaintance to notice the hate-speech of Rev. Wright? What is the real story with the ties to Bill Ayers, to Tony Rezko? What does that say about his judgment in choosing friends and advisers and associates?

Would Obama appoint similar pals to high office in Washington? Would he bring similarly blinkered perceptions to the job of making policy? Would his critics receive the kind of savaging just dished out to Joe? If there’s any chance that the answer is yes, then the drubbing of Joe the Plumber is a warning to us all.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I endorse Barack Hussein Obama. I don't want to get audited.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I will reserve further comment until I have had time to review my tax records.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
DEMS GET SET TO MUZZLE THE RIGHT
  • SHOULD Barack Obama win the presidency and Democrats take full control of Congress, next year will see a real legislative attempt to bring back the Fairness Doctrine - and to diminish conservatives' influence on broadcast radio, the one medium they dominate.

this regulation, which, until Ronald Reagan's FCC phased it out in the 1980s, required TV and radio broadcasters to give balanced airtime to opposing viewpoints or face steep fines or even loss of license. But most Democrats - including party elders Nancy Pelosi, John Kerry and Al Gore - strongly support the idea of mandating "fairness."

The Fairness Doctrine was an astonishingly bad idea. It's a too-tempting power for government to abuse. When the doctrine was in effect, both Democratic and Republican administrations regularly used it to harass critics on radio and TV.

Then there's all the lawyers you'd have to hire to respond to the regulators measuring how much time you devoted to this topic or that. Too much risk and hassle, many radio executives would conclude. Why not switch formats to something less charged - like entertainment or sports coverage?

Obama and the Democrats also plan other, more subtle regulations that would achieve much the same outcome.

He and most Democrats want to expand broadcasters' public-interest duties. One such measure would be to impose greater "local accountability" on them - requiring stations to carry more local programming whether the public wants it or not. The reform would entail setting up community boards to make their demands known when station licenses come up for renewal. The measure is clearly aimed at national syndicators like Clear Channel that offer conservative shows. It's a Fairness Doctrine by subterfuge.

Obama also wants to relicense stations every two years (not eight, as is the case now), so these monitors would be a constant worry for stations. Finally, the Democrats also want more minority-owned stations and plan to intervene in the radio marketplace to ensure that outcome.

It's worth noting, as Jesse Walker does in the latest Reason magazine, that Trinity Church, the controversial church Obama attended for many years, is heavily involved in the media-reform movement, having sought to restore the Fairness Doctrine, prevent media consolidation and deny licenses to stations that refuse to carry enough children's

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I forget, is Reason magazine still owned by the Moony cult or did some other fringe group buy it in the last couple of years?

Last edited by Matter-eater Man; 2008-10-20 4:09 PM.

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
like MoveOn or Trinity Church?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts

I don't care for either of those organizations but Moveon is political & Trinity is a Christian church.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I forget, is Reason magazine still owned by the Moony cult or did some other fringe group buy it in the last couple of years?

No.

According to their website: "Reason and Reason Online are editorially independent publications of the Reason Foundation, a national, non-profit research and educational organization."

There is no evidence that it was ever owned by the "Moonies" or any other "fringe group."

In fact, the magazine is quite hard on Republicans too.

However, MEM, I have to give you credit for carrying out Lord Obama's edict to smear and spread false rumors about his critics. Given you earlier attacks on the Holy Adjudicator, I think it's a good thing that you've fallen in line.

Praise Allah.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

I don't care for either of those organizations but Moveon is political & Trinity is a Christian church.

Christians dont generally say "God Damn America" and hate jews.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Someone needs to explain to brother MEM that all religions are equal and that he should not attack one for being "non-Christian."

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Christians dont generally say "God Damn America" and hate jews.

Christians generally fall short of our faith, we are all sinners. There are also whiter versions of Trinity that I also don't care for either.

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
There is a different between falling short and willfully sinning, or using Christ's name to further your racist views. Claiming to be a Christian doesn't make one so.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
we are all sinners.

ah yes, another sign of a loser. Thinking we are all evil. You've already given up. that's why you want to suck hillary's dick.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex
we are all sinners.

ah yes, another sign of a loser. Thinking we are all evil. You've already given up. that's why you want to suck hillary's dick.

Saying we are all sinners is just simply recognizing nobody is perfect. That's far different than saying we're all evil Rex.

Fair play!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
It means you think everyone is bad. You think everyone is equal so you look down upon the good ones. You think success and honesty are bad. You're nothing more than a sad little gay who wants to drag everyone else down with him.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
You think success and honesty are bad.

Don't confuse MEM for Obama...

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
It means you think everyone is bad. You think everyone is equal so you look down upon the good ones. You think success and honesty are bad. You're nothing more than a sad little gay who wants to drag everyone else down with him.

\:lol\:
Rex when you say outragous things everyday how much bite do you really think these rants of yours really have?

Fair play!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I know they get to you. That's why you keep responding.

Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard