Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Its actually so easy, its well worth doing as the standard HD fills up too quickly.

The only thing you need to save is your game save data, and anything such as photos or videos etc, as all your settings carry over.

All game data has to be reinstalled from the original discs, and downloaded content can be re-downloaded for free.

Just keep your original drive safe so it can be refitted if the PS3 needs fixing/replacing under warranty.
Swapping the drives does not void warranty as there are no seals to break, but obviously you will wanna keep your new drive to fit to the one that comes back.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
The only real pisser from this is that some software companies make game save files uncopyable, so you will have to start from scratch.
Fucking stupid that they wont even let you back up your files to use on your own machine, cause if your system goes down, you are fucked.

Four games I have lost game saves on, 3 of which were completed games with lots of unlocked content.
One I started playing a few days ago, so I have to start from scratch on that again, and go through all the shitty training levels again.

Fuck knows why they make game saves locked, as it doesnt affect your trophies or anything.
Why cant they just tie game saves into your user id if its cause they dont want file sharing?

Cunts!

Don't look up here for a joke. There's one hanging over your seat.
1000+ posts
1000+ posts
I'd like to fit my 250gb "hard" drive in salma hayek's PS3.

JPJ to Danbey Donavan

"That never gets old."
1000+ posts
1000+ posts
She can go down my system any time, baby!

JPJ to Danbey Donavan

"That never gets old."

Link Copied to Clipboard