Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
rex #1170081 2011-12-27 2:22 AM
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I hope this doesn't become the Superman 3 of the Iron Man series.

Pariah #1170101 2011-12-27 4:05 AM
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
 Originally Posted By: Rob
are you guys excited for this in concept, or excited based on the trailer?

No.

Just give me the Iron Man films and leave it at that.

I really, REALLY do not care for this--especially since Iron Man 3 is being delayed specifically for its production.

And...Please...Whedon? Motherfuck, that is sure fire way of losing my patronage at the movie theater.

In fact, I'm more likely to take valuable time out of my schedule and pay a shit ton of money to campaign against a Whedon film.

welp... now that pariah's weighed in so emphatically on it, I guess I'll be there opening night...

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53
mostly, i'm excited for the basic premise; many super heroes in one place. especially in this fashion, where each had their own film, and now they're together as one (the reverse might have it's own pros and cons, but this just seems more fun). but the teaser and trailer and posters haven't gotten me excited for the actual film; just the event.

Avengers for some reason I just don't give a shit.

It's just like a meh feeling to me.

Whedon is shit.

yar, i'm here (but UJ said it, so its not through bat-blinders)

not necessarily towards whedon - i honestly don't know what he's done and how much i hated it. just judging specifically on this film. just a few months shy of it's release, is the plot still publically defined as "seriously, it's like 10 heroes, who cares about the story"?

giant picture
Rob #1170121 2011-12-27 6:02 PM
Assassinist
500+ posts
Assassinist
500+ posts
mostly, i'm excited for the basic premise; many super heroes in one place. especially in this fashion, where each had their own film, and now they're together as one (the reverse might have it's own pros and cons, but this just seems more fun). but the teaser and trailer and posters haven't gotten me excited for the actual film; just the event.

Avengers for some reason I just don't give a shit.

It's just like a meh feeling to me.

Whedon is shit.

yar, i'm here (but UJ said it, so its not through bat-blinders)

not necessarily towards whedon - i honestly don't know what he's done and how much i hated it. just judging specifically on this film. just a few months shy of it's release, is the plot still publically defined as "seriously, it's like 10 heroes, who cares about the story"?

They have been purposely keeping the plot under wraps in order to keep most of the villains that will be featured a surprise.

All that's really known is Loki and the Cosmic Cube are involved somehow.

As far as the movie goes, it's a superhero flick. It doesn't have to be masterpiece theatre, just something I can enjoy watching while eating popcorn.

"Life ain't nothin' but bitches and money" - Ice Cube
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
When they were filming here the news said they were fighting aliens, so I thought "Skrulls". Then I remembered I'm a geek and reporters are retarded. Its probably frost giants and other norse shit.

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Doc.Mid-Nite
They have been purposely keeping the plot under wraps in order to keep most of the villains that will be featured a surprise.

meh. its a movie! i want to know why i'm seeing it! i also have that fear about movie commercials that don't inform what the movie is about - typically, that's done to hide the fact that there is no movie.

Originally Posted By: Doc.Mid-Nite
As far as the movie goes, it's a superhero flick. It doesn't have to be masterpiece theatre, just something I can enjoy watching while eating popcorn.

im with ya. i dont need every movie to be dark knight, superhero opera. but iron man was fun. captain america was noble. thor was epoch. ...well, at least in premise.

avengers? i have no idea. its a neato collection of heroes, and yes, that's enough for me to see it. but i haven't seen anything to get excited about, other than the same premise that sounded exciting when the idea floated 20 years ago, and my concern is those fears have merit.

giant picture
Rob #1170140 2011-12-27 9:26 PM
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
i need every movie to be dark knight

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
rex #1170154 2011-12-27 10:42 PM
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
yes, yes, very good. you like socks.

like i said, i'm not expecting every movie to be that entrenched. iron man and many of the x-films were awesome and fun for different reasons. the expendables and oceans eleven had a great premise and plot besides just "lets add every one!"

i'll still see the movie, i'm not prometheus. but, even the people who are excited for the movie haven't really named a reason why they're excited other than "lotsa heroes at once"

giant picture
Rob #1170157 2011-12-27 10:47 PM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
i'll still see the movie, i'm not prometheus.

Sorry to hear. Good luck with that.

Prometheus #1170158 2011-12-27 10:47 PM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
P.S. Fuck you.

Prometheus #1170159 2011-12-27 10:48 PM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Green Lantern was AWESOME!!

Prometheus #1170160 2011-12-27 10:48 PM
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
there's a catwoman thread in here somewhere

giant picture
Rob #1170161 2011-12-27 10:49 PM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Goddammit.....SPIDER-BUGGY!!!!

Prometheus #1170162 2011-12-27 10:50 PM
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
because there's nothing to actually discuss about the avengers...

did you end up ever seeing green lantern? i don't recall

giant picture
Rob #1170163 2011-12-27 11:09 PM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Actually, I did see it. I downloaded a cam version, but ended up DLing a better Region-5 rip of the DVD.

Honesty? Some of it was pretty. I liked Sinestro.

That's it.

I tried, Robert. I actually, sincerely tried. Do you think I want a trainwreck of a movie? No, of course not. I wanted GREEN LANTERN. But, what I got was a lame, half-assed, CGI-glutted, horrible-cast, horribly-acted, cliche-riddled marketing strategy vs. Iron Man. And that's all that piece of shit "movie" turned out to be. And if you don't believe me, there's a looooot of people in the world who share the same opinion (one I came to, I remind you, long before the movie came out). Doesn't mean you can't like it. If you did, cool. If you didn't, cool.

As for The Avengers, I am excited about the "get them all together" bit more than anything. Because, that's ALL The Avengers actually is. There's no meat to the concept. Just Marvel's Big Guns, more or less, joining forces. I've always wanted to see this on the Big Screen, but with the JLA. I'll accept The Avengers got there first.

But, what really excites me isn't the movie itself, but the fact that they're taking those first steps into Comic Book Team Movie territory. That will spawn some awful imitators. But, it will also give us some few-and-far-between good ones that they could possibly make. And if Avengers makes bank (and you know it will) then get ready for the sequels with additional new Avengers characters.

And I'm telling you right now: Matt LeBlanc (FRIENDS) as Wonder Man. Done.

Prometheus #1170164 2011-12-27 11:12 PM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
But, the choice of Joss Whedon worries me. He's the cheaper alternative to a real director. Just like they won't pay Favereau to come back for Iron Man 3. Which means...as the laws of movies demand...their movie will get weaker and weaker until they flop. And then it's up to Disney whether they can get their shit together.

BTW, am I wrong in thinking the original Iron Man movie was made pre-Disney owning Marvel? It would explain a LOOOT about Iron Man 2 (Corporate Marketing)...

Prometheus #1170167 2011-12-28 12:07 AM
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
And if you don't believe me, there's a looooot of people in the world who share the same opinion

what's to believe about an opinion? have it, i'll believe you. and why would it matter what others share? its your opinion!!

(one I came to, I remind you, long before the movie came out).

and, even though you later confirmed your guesses, the "before the movie came out" notion is still bullshit.

I tried, Robert. I actually, sincerely tried. Do you think I want a trainwreck of a movie? No, of course not. I wanted GREEN LANTERN. But, what I got was a lame, half-assed, CGI-glutted, horrible-cast, horribly-acted, cliche-riddled marketing strategy vs. Iron Man. And that's all that piece of shit "movie" turned out to be.

i actually agree more than i disagree. i thought it was corny. surprisingly, not related at all to ryan reynolds. i didn't think it was as terrible as many doom-sayers, it had its enjoyable moments. but they weren't many.

As for The Avengers, I am excited about the "get them all together" bit more than anything. Because, that's ALL The Avengers actually is. There's no meat to the concept. Just Marvel's Big Guns, more or less, joining forces. I've always wanted to see this on the Big Screen, but with the JLA. I'll accept The Avengers got there first.

meh, i guess its just not enough for me.

its like all the shitty incarnations of the justice league comic book. just because there's a batman and a superman doesn't make it insta-awesome. so much is poo. my fear with this movie not revealing any details is that they're masking a giant poo - a strategy so often seen with other movies.

i will still see it. i will still geek out at it. but the sweeded trailer you posted sorta joked about it in the most succinct way; that this is essentially iron man 3, because RDJ is awesome. thats the only other part i'm looking forward to.

giant picture
Rob #1170170 2011-12-28 12:50 AM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

meh. its a movie! i want to know why i'm seeing it! i also have that fear about movie commercials that don't inform what the movie is about - typically, that's done to hide the fact that there is no movie.

I don't know sometimes they really do use it to hide a clever twist like the first Matrix, or T2.

remember the early trailers for T2 never implied who was good or bad.

Rob #1170176 2011-12-28 1:34 AM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
(one I came to, I remind you, long before the movie came out).

and, even though you later confirmed your guesses, the "before the movie came out" notion is still bullshit.

Which completely ignores the fact that I was 100% correct about it. Do you hate economic forecasters or meteorologists because of their professions? Everything has patterns, and everything has signs, if you just pay attention. Even movies and marketing. Fact.

Originally Posted By: rob
i actually agree more than i disagree. i thought it was corny. surprisingly, not related at all to ryan reynolds. i didn't think it was as terrible as many doom-sayers, it had its enjoyable moments. but they weren't many.

Although Reynolds does, I confess, bore the hell out of me as an actor, he wasn't necessarily the only reason it sucked. He was just the shit-cherry on top of a shit sandwich. Green Lantern is to me what I suspect Clooney's B&R is to you.

meh, i guess its just not enough for me.

its like all the shitty incarnations of the justice league comic book. just because there's a batman and a superman doesn't make it insta-awesome. so much is poo. my fear with this movie not revealing any details is that they're masking a giant poo - a strategy so often seen with other movies.

Totally fair enough. I mean, you could be completely correct and Avengers will hit the ground like a water balloon, content-wise. It will still make money, though. I cannot see why it wouldn't. Unless the upcoming marketing kills it, for some reason. Or people awake from the Joss Whedon trance.

Quote:
i will still see it. i will still geek out at it. but the sweeded trailer you posted sorta joked about it in the most succinct way; that this is essentially iron man 3, because RDJ is awesome. thats the only other part i'm looking forward to.

I agree RDJ will be the best talent in the room at any given time (although I like the guy that plays Loki, as well). But, I really, REALLY loved CAPTAIN AMERICA. THOR was a McG-commercial compared to CAPTAIN AMERICA's heart. So, I will be looking forward to seeing if Evans can continue his winning streak as Cap. Especially if they play up the Steve/Tony relationship, as they should.

We'll see. "Yoda-8-Ball says: Cloudy, the future is"

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts

I don't know sometimes they really do use it to hide a clever twist like the first Matrix, or T2.

Although I agree with Rob this could very easily be a crap-curtain, I remember what you're talking about. Just remains to be seen whether this is 'The Matrix' or 'The Matrix Reloaded'.... ;\)

Prometheus #1170179 2011-12-28 2:13 AM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Although I agree with Rob this could very easily be a crap-curtain, I remember what you're talking about. Just remains to be seen whether this is 'The Matrix' or 'The Matrix Reloaded'.... ;\)

Also I referenced two movies. Can anyone think of a third or fourth?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Secretive productions/trailers? Fight Club?

Prometheus #1170263 2011-12-28 10:39 PM
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
BTW, am I wrong in thinking the original Iron Man movie was made pre-Disney owning Marvel? It would explain a LOOOT about Iron Man 2 (Corporate Marketing)...

They were both pre-Disney. Marvel began the shared movie-verse concept after IM went super-duper platinum at the box office. That explains IM2.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Assassinist
500+ posts
Assassinist
500+ posts

Also I referenced two movies. Can anyone think of a third or fourth?
Abrams Star Trek would be a third (everyone knew going in it was a reboot but not that it was going to be the universe altering epic it turned out to be)

Oh, and I guess the hook for me besides seeing all of these characters coming together and kicking ass (now that I think about it) is the inclusion of the Cosmic Cube (there are so many ways they could go with the effects of the Cosmic Cube since it can be used to do anything in the Marvel Universe)

I hope that whatever they do with the Cosmic Cube, that it's good.

"Life ain't nothin' but bitches and money" - Ice Cube
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
I get worried about Iron Man 3 sometimes, but then I remember thinking "Why is the guy who directed ELF doing Iron Man?" and shut up.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
SWINGERS!

Prometheus #1170292 2011-12-29 3:09 PM
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
He was also this

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Prometheus #1170299 2011-12-29 4:28 PM
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
Which completely ignores the fact that I was 100% correct about it.

so, congrats, you're a good guesser...? though it didn't turn out that way, you could have been 100% incorrect, which is why i find yours to be a pariahish system. i'd just rather review something to review something.

Although Reynolds does, I confess, bore the hell out of me as an actor, he wasn't necessarily the only reason it sucked. He was just the shit-cherry on top of a shit sandwich. Green Lantern is to me what I suspect Clooney's B&R is to you.

i found green lantern to be more of a boring movie, than a bad movie. it actually had a lot of the right elements, it was just much "meh". i didn't think it was comically bad, just disappointing. B&R, to me, was a bad movie. but that was coming from the perspective of a late teens, early 20s batman fan. if i were 7, i might have really enjoyed it. shockingly enough, it was "the" favorite for many fans now in their mid twenties (can you believe it was 15 years ago??)

Originally Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk
I get worried about Iron Man 3 sometimes, but then I remember thinking "Why is the guy who directed ELF doing Iron Man?" and shut up.

the fat friend from rudy!

as a director? i loved what he did with iron man and iron man 2. as an actor, he's obnoxious shit, and definitively one of the least enjoyable parts of iron man 2. stop putting yourself into movies, thanks.

giant picture
Rob #1170302 2011-12-29 5:17 PM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Jealous Rob - 0
though it didn't turn out that way, you could have been 100% incorrect, which is why i find yours to be a pariahish system.

Originally Posted By: Prometheus - 1+brillion
Do you hate economic forecasters or meteorologists because of their professions? Everything has patterns, and everything has signs, if you just pay attention. Even movies and marketing.

In all fairness, if you look back, I did briefly miscall Captain America's use of Chris Evans due to the burn of GL. It was the rubber-feet discussion. But, after that, I started paying attention and realized I was incorrect about that one.

shockingly enough, it [B&R] was "the" favorite for many fans now in their mid twenties (can you believe it was 15 years ago??)

First of all, WTF??!?!?!? Who the hell is crazy enough to think of 'Batman & Robin' in any other terms than "WTF??!?!?!?" What kind of people do you hang out with? Fucking New York...

Second............ouch. 15 years dates me. In the ass. \:\(

[RE:Jon Favreau] as a director? i loved what he did with iron man and iron man 2.

Yes.

Quote:
as an actor, he's obnoxious shit, and definitively one of the least enjoyable parts of iron man 2. stop putting yourself into movies, thanks.

SWINGERS!!!

But, yeah, the IM2 'Happy' fight was a little obnoxious.

Prometheus #1170304 2011-12-29 5:40 PM
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
At least he spent the whole fight on one guy while scarlet johanssons boobs took care of everyone else

thedoctor #1170308 2011-12-29 6:05 PM
living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
Marvel began the shared movie-verse concept after IM went super-duper platinum at the box office.

wrong. the shared movie verse concept was part of IM from the get go as it was the first movie produced by Marvel themselves.

Grimm #1170324 2011-12-29 8:08 PM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Marketing Happens!

Prometheus #1170332 2011-12-29 9:40 PM
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
shockingly enough, it [B&R] was "the" favorite for many fans now in their mid twenties (can you believe it was 15 years ago??)

Who the hell is crazy enough to think of 'Batman & Robin' in any other terms than "WTF??!?!?!?" What kind of people do you hang out with? Fucking New York...

think about it; what we know to be a shitstorm made 100 million in the states, and 250 mil world wide. just in theaters. and that's 15 years ago numbers, so you havta tack on an extra 25% or something. someone loved it.

and, i guess if you were 7 then and enjoyed it, you remember it differently, and dare i say fondly. and, now, its part of your batman experience. it can't be that different from the clash of eras that grew up with adam west batman versus those with tim burton.

as an actor, he's obnoxious shit, and definitively one of the least enjoyable parts of iron man 2. stop putting yourself into movies, thanks.
SWINGERS!!!

But, yeah, the IM2 'Happy' fight was a little obnoxious.

he was a useless, wasted character. he gave himself a scene and made himself look good for... really that sole purpose. his fight scene was longer than iron man vs war machine .

giant picture
Rob #1170338 2011-12-29 10:40 PM
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I remember liking Uma Thurman in her Poison Ivy outfit a lot....the rest of the movie was shite.

Green Lantern RAWKED!!!

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
allan1 #1170340 2011-12-29 11:39 PM
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I remember liking Uma Thurman's vagina a lot.

Son of Mxy #1170341 2011-12-29 11:40 PM
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
It was the closest I was able to get to Ethan Hawke's penis.

Son of Mxy #1170344 2011-12-29 11:55 PM
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
I liked her boobies in Dangerous Liaisons.

Rob #1170346 2011-12-30 12:07 AM
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
think about it; what we know to be a shitstorm made 100 million in the states, and 250 mil world wide. just in theaters. and that's 15 years ago numbers, so you havta tack on an extra 25% or something. someone loved it.

and, i guess if you were 7 then and enjoyed it, you remember it differently, and dare i say fondly. and, now, its part of your batman experience. it can't be that different from the clash of eras that grew up with adam west batman versus those with tim burton.

Have you seen how the kids these days turned out? They aren't alright. Maybe, Bat-nipples are to blame for their whiny, emo cuntiness.

iggy #1170347 2011-12-30 12:10 AM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
\:lol\:

iggy #1170348 2011-12-30 12:15 AM
Assassinist
500+ posts
Assassinist
500+ posts