Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Someone give me a cookie. I also never realized how much dust and dirt will get inside a PC tower over a few years. I now feel like I can do all kinds of shit to my own PC without getting someone else to help or paying someone.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Dust built up is a huge computer killer. I get some compressed air cans and blow out all of the computers I take care of a couple times a year.

There's a few things in a computer that are easy as hell to upgrade if you're not afraid to mess with things, mainly memory and video cards. I still get nervous if i need to upgrade a processor.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
processors are a bitch to install. The old socket 7 boards have little plastic pegs that will snap during heatsink installation, should you exert too much effort at the wrong angles. And you've got a pretty useless board at that point, unless you have the skill to remove the plastic seat itself from the mother board and replace it. Just a tiny little plastic peg, serves no other purpose but to hold the heatsink in place is enough to make the entire motherboard useless.

The new pushpin heatsink designs are a little bit safer, but not so much. It's still a bitch to install and if you have HULK SMASH moments of frustration like me, you can crack the PCB itself while installing the darn bastards.

Link Copied to Clipboard