Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
obama just had a press conference asking trump to stop picking on him.

I am fully backing Trump for president. He is what we need.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I was totally anti-Trump. The way he has scared Obama and the establishment GOP has me changing my mind as well.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
ABC: Obama Lied in Birth Certificate Press Briefing
  • The president said he was prompted to act “two weeks ago, when the Republican House had put forward a budget that will have huge consequences potentially to the country, and when I gave a speech about my budget and how I felt that we needed to invest in education and infrastructure and making sure that we had a strong safety net for our seniors even as we were closing the deficit, during that entire week the dominant news story wasn’t about these huge, monumental choices that we’re going to have to make as a nation. It was about my birth certificate. And that was true on most of the news outlets that were represented here.”

But the president was wrong.

According to Pew’s Project for Excellence in Journalism, that week the dominant news story was without question the economy.

The ridiculous claims about the president’s birth certificate actually was the No. 4 story for the week – receiving about one tenth of the coverage devoted to stories about the economy.

Apparently, Obama did this now because internal White House polling showed that people were starting to listen to Trump and something like only 38% of the public was "strongly convinced" that Obama was a U.S. citizen.

\:lol\:

As I mentioned once or twice before, I never really doubted Obama was a natural born citizen because of the fact his mother was a citizen.

Also I have some real problems with Trump as president (or a candidate).

But I have to give him credit for having the balls to hold Obama's feet to the fire.

The President broke like an insurgent on this.

It just goes to show you should always stand up for what you believe.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Is it a question of Trump having balls? He's pretty old so maybe he doesn't have them anymore.

Seriously though, does this settle things for most of the birther crowd?

Fair play!
rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Is it a question of Trump having balls? He's pretty old so maybe he doesn't have them anymore.

Seriously though, does this settle things for most of the birther crowd?

So you're gonna go with the "trump is old so he shouldn't be president" thing for this election.

It should settle everything about his citizenship. There will still be some nut jobs that will say its fake but the fact is obama is terrified of our next president.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Nope. Just making fun of him. Try not to be so sensitive Rex.

Fair play!
rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Sure mem sere.

Will this be how you didn't make fun of Reagan for having Alzheimers?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
MEM has a deep seated hatred for older people. He wants to take away their lifes work upon death and constantly belittles them It's really not surprising he supports Obama's death panels for seniors.

Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
i'm disappointed that obama released his long form birth certificate for a couple of reasons.

1...it allows trump to make hay out of how he "forced" obama to do something that no one else has done. actually, to be fair, i guess he did. while the birther nonsense is ridiculous to the point of insanity, i'll bet that there are any number of otherwise sane people who don't like obama for whatever reason that are blinded by the celebrity of trump and may confer unto him some type of credibilty that he obviously doesn't deserve. since that was all he was talking about, some people might have begun to think there was something to it. and i'm sure that's what the polls said so obama felt he had to address it.

2...by only focusing on the birther thing, trump was looking like an idiot to most serious republicans. now, it looks like he can force the debate and get things done. by aquiescing, obama made him something that he isn't...a serious contender.

Oderint, dum metuant.

You are a god damned idiot, you know that? You ought to be smacked upside your dumb-fuck head, even after all these years. Shame on you!
-USCHI showin' some love

rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Are you upset that Trump made Obama his bitch?

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: THE Bastard
i'm disappointed that obama released his long form birth certificate for a couple of reasons.

1...it allows trump to make hay out of how he "forced" obama to do something that no one else has done. actually, to be fair, i guess he did. while the birther nonsense is ridiculous to the point of insanity, i'll bet that there are any number of otherwise sane people who don't like obama for whatever reason that are blinded by the celebrity of trump and may confer unto him some type of credibilty that he obviously doesn't deserve. since that was all he was talking about, some people might have begun to think there was something to it. and i'm sure that's what the polls said so obama felt he had to address it.

2...by only focusing on the birther thing, trump was looking like an idiot to most serious republicans. now, it looks like he can force the debate and get things done. by aquiescing, obama made him something that he isn't...a serious contender.

From your perspective as an Obama supporter, I can see why you would be disappointed Obama acquiesced to Trump's demand for release of his birth certificate.

But the bottom line is, unless it was effective in undermining Obama's popularity and credibility --which it was-- Obama never would have relented and offered the actual birth certificate.

In hurting Obama, and in leveraging the birth certificate from Obama, I think Trump has shown he is underestimated --underestimated from both the Left AND Right-- in his political ability to get things done and to be taken seriously.

I think another target that is severely damaged by Trump's attacks is the media that never properly vetted Obama in the first place (Frank Marshall Davis, William Ayers, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Van Jones, Cass Sunstein, Andy Stern, Jeff Jones and the Apollo Alliance writing his legislation policy, etc...)
While the birth certificate thing was never taken seriously by many, on both political sides, it got people talking about Obama's personal history, and got them looking closely at where Trump was going in pursuing this.
And where it leads is the fact that the media never properly vetted Obama's personal history in the first place. That the media's negligence allowed Obama to be elected, allowed Obama to make the collossal presidential failures he is making now.
This not only undermines Obama, but subtly undermines the media (a k a, The Obama Ministry of Truth) that has previously and would continue to play defense for Obama. Trump has cleverly diminished the credibility of the media that would attack Trump, or would attack any Republican, over the next 18 months.

And this cracks the door open for Donald Trump --or others-- to go after not only Obama's presidential record, but also Obama's entire unvetted personal history from this point forward.

I still wonder if Trump really wants to be a candidate, or if he's just bloody-ing Obama, and will gladly step aside at some point to give other more "credible" Republicans a better political position from which to rally strength.
Regardless, up to this point, Trump has demonstrated a level of political cunning that even Republican strategists have underestimated.

As for the "credibility he doesn't deserve" part, Trump is estimated to have a personal fortune of about 7 billion. He is very successful in economics and negotiation, to get where he is.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex
Are you upset that Trump made Obama his bitch?

I think he is going to force Obama to release his college records now. This is going to be fun.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Trump was polling really good so I think he was a serious contender anyways.

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Is that all that is ever on your mind?

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts

Trump was polling really good so I think he was a serious contender anyways.

You said poll.

rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
He announced he isn't running for president.

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
We need to put Digby on suicide watch.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Not surprised he dropped his run but it would have been fun seeing Trump flush himself further down the toilet.

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
That's sick man.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Not surprised he dropped his run but it would have been fun seeing Trump flush himself further down the toilet.

And by "flush himself down the toilet", you mean forced Obama to reveal his birth certificate after making Obama drop in the polls.

I don't doubt the economic leadership capability of a guy with an estimated personal wealth of 7 billion.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Considering his hair piece I definitley doubt his leadership capability!

And while he made the birthers and the "I hate Obama" crowds happy for a milisecond, his big achievment really rubbed most Americans the wrong way I think. Helping a big chunk of America to doubt their elected leader in a way that ended up being so false and wrong, who really would find that a good thing?

Fair play!
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
well said, chris crocker. \:lol\:

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch
well said, chris crocker. \:lol\:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Crocker_(Internet_celebrity)

(i.e.,
)

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Don't be upset boys, Trump still has his game show.

Fair play!
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
Trump made a fool of you dude. Get over it.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: M E M
Considering his hair piece I definitley doubt his leadership capability!

And while he made the birthers and the "I hate Obama" crowds happy for a milisecond, his big achievment really rubbed most Americans the wrong way I think. Helping a big chunk of America to doubt their elected leader in a way that ended up being so false and wrong, who really would find that a good thing?

I think we can all agree that Trump has some eccentricities. Yeah, the guy has funny hair, yeah the guy paints his name on his helicopter, hosts a Celebrity Apprentice reality show.

But that doesn't take away at all from his knowledge of economics and leadership ability that made him a multi-billionaire, one of the richest men on the planet.

I mean, Putin runs around without a shirt and wrestles polar bears, he's still a respected and feared world leader. I think ego and eccentricity comes with the territory.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex
obama just had a press conference asking trump to stop picking on him.

I am fully backing Trump for president. He is what we need.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I like watching the ignorant and sad run to financially successful strangers to save and validate them. It makes me appreciate how awesome my life is, daily. \:lol\:

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Speaking of...

Originally Posted By: Pariah
Trump made a fool of you dude. Get over it.

How'd that whole Trump thing work out for you guys? \:lol\: \:lol\:

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

We need a bitch slap gremlin!

Fair play!
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

We need a bitch slap gremlin!

We do:

I'm surprised Pariah doesn't wear it as an avatar by this point...

rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
reset

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I think Trump is somewhat like Perot.

He's unquestionably highly accomplished in business, and while probably not as skilled at negotiation and consensus-building that someone needs to be a political leader or president, is a heck of a lot of fun to listen to, and offers a valued opinion to political discussion.

I still love the way he got Obama to reveal his birth certificate, when no one else could, and how he hurt Obama's popularity numbers.
Trump might not be a good leader, but he is a pretty good campaigner, and that he sqeezed that concession out of Obama is testament to Obama being scared of what Trump can do.

Trump hasn't gone away, and though not a candidate, he can rally support the way Palin and others have.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/04/ron-paul-donald-trump-debate_n_1127975.html?ref=politics

Quote:
Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul took a bit of a swipe at Donald Trump Sunday, saying he didn't quite understand the reality star's power status in the 2012 election.

"I don't understand the marching to his office. I didn't know he had the ability to lay on hands and anoint people," said Paul on CNN's "State of the Union."

The row between the two began when Paul announced he'd be boycotting the Dec. 27 GOP presidential debate because Trump was chosen to moderate it.

"To be sure, Mr. Trump's participation will contribute to an unwanted circus-like atmosphere," Paul's campaign chairman said in a statement. He added the selection of Trump as moderator was "beneath the office of the Presidency" and also "wildly inappropriate" considering Trump was a former candidate in the presidential primary race.

Trump fired back: "Few people take Ron Paul seriously and many of his views and presentation make him a clown-like candidate."

Nevertheless, Paul's position in the race seems to be on the rise. A Des Moines Register poll found Paul pulling ahead of Mitt Romney in Iowa, securing the second place spot behind Newt Gingrich. Matt Dowd, former campaign strategist for President George W. Bush, recently said he would not be at all surprised if Paul wins the Iowa caucuses.

Paul speculated Sunday on why Trump doesn't like him. "He probably doesn't like my position on the federal reserve ... It may be, deep down, philosophic. And of course his position on China was quite different. So I think it’s philosophic and probably his personality that doesn’t like to be challenged."

Last week, Trump took a shot at President Barack Obama, tweeting that "in order to get elected, Barack Obama will start a war with Iran."

At least, the grown-ups in the GOP (Paul and Huntsman) see this for the joke it is.

rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Awww, poor Rex is butthurt because both his picks are out of the race. Considering your 0-2 track record perhaps you should start cheerleading for Romney so we can go ahead and finish his candidacy off once and for all.

rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Or I should be really courageous and not vote at all.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: iggy
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/04/ron-paul-donald-trump-debate_n_1127975.html?ref=politics

Quote:
Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul took a bit of a swipe at Donald Trump Sunday, saying he didn't quite understand the reality star's power status in the 2012 election.

"I don't understand the marching to his office. I didn't know he had the ability to lay on hands and anoint people," said Paul on CNN's "State of the Union."

The row between the two began when Paul announced he'd be boycotting the Dec. 27 GOP presidential debate because Trump was chosen to moderate it.

"To be sure, Mr. Trump's participation will contribute to an unwanted circus-like atmosphere," Paul's campaign chairman said in a statement. He added the selection of Trump as moderator was "beneath the office of the Presidency" and also "wildly inappropriate" considering Trump was a former candidate in the presidential primary race.

Trump fired back: "Few people take Ron Paul seriously and many of his views and presentation make him a clown-like candidate."

Nevertheless, Paul's position in the race seems to be on the rise. A Des Moines Register poll found Paul pulling ahead of Mitt Romney in Iowa, securing the second place spot behind Newt Gingrich. Matt Dowd, former campaign strategist for President George W. Bush, recently said he would not be at all surprised if Paul wins the Iowa caucuses.

Paul speculated Sunday on why Trump doesn't like him. "He probably doesn't like my position on the federal reserve ... It may be, deep down, philosophic. And of course his position on China was quite different. So I think it’s philosophic and probably his personality that doesn’t like to be challenged."

Last week, Trump took a shot at President Barack Obama, tweeting that "in order to get elected, Barack Obama will start a war with Iran."

At least, the grown-ups in the GOP (Paul and Huntsman) see this for the joke it is.

Totally. I don't know much about Huntsman, to be honest. But, at least Ron Paul realizes that the debate for Presidency is above a corporate "reality" (READ: trash) show conman who's built his fortune off the misery of others, and the loopholes his Corporate Government cronies designed to benefit his kind. Fuck Trump. What a sad sack of worthless shit. He's a joke, and anyone who ever even considered him a possibly worthy candidate for the office of President has no actual grasp on how the world works. I pity fools like that.

Meanwhile, looks like Paul might be getting my vote if it continues the way it is...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: iggy
Awww, poor Rex is butthurt because both his picks are out of the race. Considering your 0-2 track record perhaps you should start cheerleading for Romney so we can go ahead and finish his candidacy off once and for all.

\:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:

Assassinist
500+ posts
Assassinist
500+ posts
The thing I always liked about Ron Paul is that he's consistent. Go back as many years as you like and you see the same guy with the exact same position.

He always comes off very reasonable whether he's talking to someone on the right or someone on the left (while still remaining consistent with his political views)

Only problem is he's so old he's one nap away from dying in his sleep.

"Life ain't nothin' but bitches and money" - Ice Cube
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard