Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Also, how have I been shitting all over you?

Arn't you being a tad oversensitive?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53
You on the other hand take every critique of the OWS movement personally.

Because like I have already told you (previous conversation threads, right?) I AM PERSONALLY INVOLVED in The Movement. I've been participating in my local protests for months now. I've even talked to you, directly, on Twitter about exactly that. So, someone says "Oh I hate Occupy Wall Street cause they smell bad!" or some irrelevant, obnoxiously ignorant comment that's more about their personal, selfish preferences than the point of what The Movement is, I am going to react personally. Could that be clearer?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Of course Pro while condemning me for a little name calling goes on to call other posters Shills and Pussies.

Hypocrite much?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
And again, you are completely unwilling to even hear an opposing point.

.......where? What point? When? From whom? You? What's your point? That Occupy Wall Street caused bad things? That it caused only bad things? That it caused some good some bad things? That it's "shitty" or something about "selfish children"? Do you rate the entirety of the global Movement as one, or do you see complexity and individuality? Do you see an idea or a protest? Do you see a rabble or American citizens? Or both?

I am all ears if you want to say something. But, don't expect me to go "Oh, totally." to your random whim.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Also, how have I been shitting all over you?

Arn't you being a tad oversensitive?

My point, if not clearly spoken, is if you want me to be open to anything you have to say, best thing to do isn't to come walking in and start insulting me. Simple as that. And you know this. You're just playing your normal role.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus

Because like I have already told you (previous conversation threads, right?) I AM PERSONALLY INVOLVED in The Movement. I've been participating in my local protests for months now. I've even talked to you, directly, on Twitter about exactly that. So, someone says "Oh I hate Occupy Wall Street cause they smell bad!" or some irrelevant, obnoxiously ignorant comment that's more about their personal, selfish preferences than the point of what The Movement is, I am going to react personally. Could that be clearer?

Yet you forget that I had made legit points about what their protest was, how they were betraying their own message, and how they were sabotaging the very people they need to gain sympathy from in order for the Movement to grow and work.

I had even said I agree with many of the issues the OWS brought up.

Only that the cost themselves my sympathy and support for acting like babies instead of intelligently tackling the issues.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Of course Pro while condemning me for a little name calling goes on to call other posters Shills and Pussies.

Hypocrite much?

OH. I didn't realize you were here to defend G-Man, Wonder Boy, and Rex. I see. Okay, that's clear then. Thanks for that.

Jake, I assumed you and I were cool. "Friends", to a point. But, if you're here to defend The Shills, we really do have nothing to say to each other. All three of them (G-Man to a totally lesser extent, since ours is a long-running and kind of fun feud) are The Enemy. If you side with them, YOU TOO ARE THE ENEMY! (the last bit of sentence was said with fake malice and jokingly observed)

But, no, don't pretend you're worried about them. And don't use them as an excuse to exonerate yourself from petty behavior. You're better than that.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
And again, you are completely unwilling to even hear an opposing point.

.......where? What point? When? From whom? You? What's your point? That Occupy Wall Street caused bad things? That it caused only bad things? That it caused some good some bad things? That it's "shitty" or something about "selfish children"? Do you rate the entirety of the global Movement as one, or do you see complexity and individuality? Do you see an idea or a protest? Do you see a rabble or American citizens? Or both?

I am all ears if you want to say something. But, don't expect me to go "Oh, totally." to your random whim.

What good is the Movement doing? It just continues to alienate themselves from the very people they need support from.

Like when a small business fails because protesters can't control themselves and police need to put barricades up.

Then the OWS, or at least your message to these people is "Evolve, or Die"

The Movement is now hurting the people they claim to stand up for.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Hypocrite much?

OH. I didn't realize you were here to defend G-Man, Wonder Boy, and Rex. I see. Okay, that's clear then. Thanks for that.

Jake, I assumed you and I were cool. "Friends", to a point. But, if you're here to defend The Shills, we really do have nothing to say to each other. All three of them (G-Man to a totally lesser extent, since ours is a long-running and kind of fun feud) are The Enemy. If you side with them, YOU TOO ARE THE ENEMY! (the last bit of sentence was said with fake malice and jokingly observed)

But, no, don't pretend you're worried about them. And don't use them as an excuse to exonerate yourself from petty behavior. You're better than that.

I'm not here to defend anything other than my own views. I couldn't care less about G, Rex's, or Dave's views. They have their own opinions. I'm just saying don't condemn me for things you yourself do.

Last edited by Ultimate Jaburg53; 2011-12-16 5:51 PM.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Yet you forget that I had made legit points about what their protest was

You made observations about them being immature or selfish. But, I disagreed and can cite source showing their "message/goals". Admittedly, and to be discussed next, it was only a single statement and should have been more. But, the latter does not negate the former.

Quote:
how they were betraying their own message

Cliched Arguing Tactics 101. Because they use commercial products to spread their message or video their struggles, it negates their point? Nonsense. I admit, as I did in our first conversation, that the ones drinking Starbucks and shit like that aren't the part of Occupy I agree with. But, what do you expect a digital age protest to do when it comes to spreading the word? Filming the history and evils that are happening to them? Have you seen all the police abuse vids? Is their protest only valid if they had been naked and etching pictures on stone?

Quote:
and how they were sabotaging the very people they need to gain sympathy from in order for the Movement to grow and work.

And I agreed, to a point, then. The greatest misconception about The Movement, though, is that it is a singular, unified message or idea. This was a hindrance as well as an advantage to them. But, you cannot judge them all as one. That's my point.

Quote:
Only that the cost themselves my sympathy and support for acting like babies instead of intelligently tackling the issues.

And many would agree with you. I would agree with you, to an extent. I think alot of the message and the tackling of their issues got hijacked and lost in the swarm of bad apples that permeated a genuinely worthwhile and honorable idea...

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Exactly, thousands of bad apples ruin the bunch.

Anybody with a serious political agenda should distance themselves from OWS because they look guilty by association.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Also no, they shouldn't have to wear animal skins and use stone tools, just be smart enough to hid the damn corporate logos.

It doesn't take a genius to pour your starbucks coffee into a plain white cup.

And don't think that doesn't matter.

You need to worry at all times about your public perception because the news organizations run 24 hours these days.

THE Franta
3000+ posts
THE Franta
3000+ posts
The occupiers are idiots! The only ones they actually come close to hurting are the working class poor schmucks! The working class they should be if their mothers ever kicked their dumb asses out of the basement!

YOU PUT SOUP IN IT!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Just skimmed this thread. Its good to know pro still bitches and whines about me even though I've been gone for a week.

Where's my soda, bitch?

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Franta
The occupiers are idiots! The only ones they actually come close to hurting are the working class poor schmucks! The working class they should be if their mothers ever kicked their dumb asses out of the basement!

Verily and Amen.

Any videotaped interview I've seen of OWS protestors verifies this.

The only lucid opinions I've seen from OWS protestors are ones who turn out to be (liberal) media reporters. Clearly, sympathetic reporters have given an articulate voice to the OWS protests that it doesn't naturally have from within the movement.

If reporters didn't inject reporter-activist "meaning" to the movement, it would have died a quick death three months ago.
Reporters from Huffington Post, NPR, Politico, and Daily Kos, have --in fronting as "protestors" while actually helping shape the OWS movement and the message-- have once again put their lack of objectivity on display.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Pariah Offline OP
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
She's an American hero!

Yeah?

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Yet you forget that I had made legit points about what their protest was, how they were betraying their own message, and how they were sabotaging the very people they need to gain sympathy from in order for the Movement to grow and work.

I had even said I agree with many of the issues the OWS brought up.

Only that [they] cost themselves my sympathy and support for acting like babies instead of intelligently tackling the issues.

I couldn't agree more.

Even though I went a step further and condemned the Wall Street Movement as a whole, saying it de-legitimized itself because of its clear liberal partisanship and often confused/contradicory/disorganized message, I still acknowledged that there were a few individuals among them who made valid points. Increasingly, I saw those "few valid points" as coming from reporters who were manufacturing and sculpting the message, rather than reporting it, in a clear conflict of interest.

The problem isn't just "evil corporations" and "Wall Street banks". It's also unions, campaign finance, entitlements, big government, illegal immigration, export of jobs, and the demonization of nationalism as something racist or jingoistic.

Nationalism is essential, a preservation of our traditions and institutions, if the nation is to survive and not be fragmented into pieces. And neither the corporates, the unions, the liberals or our Washington elite seem to be interested in preserving what we are, as they drive us off a cliff.

The voices of Occupy Wall Street here are obnoxious as they complain about being box-categorized and not listened to, even as they verbally abuse anyone who disagrees with them, labelling anyone who disagrees even slightly as "a right wing corporate shill, etc."

Oh, the irony.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard