Next Thread
Print Thread
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Wonder Woman lends her support to Mozambique campaign against breast cancer
  • Despite her superhuman strength, powers of flight and incredible agility, even Wonder Woman could succumb to breast cancer.

That's the message being sent out to young women in the African nation of Mozambique today which is deploying a number of superheroes in its fight against the disease.

Wonder Woman has been joined by other female comic book characters including Storm, She-Hulk and Catwoman to highlight that even they need to be aware of the warning signs.

The illustrations, created by artist Maisa Chaves, show the women of steel checking their breasts for lumps.

A caption next to them reads: 'When we talk about breast cancer, there's no women or superwomen.

'Everybody has to do the self-examination monthly. Fight with us against the enemy and, when in doubt, talk with your doctor.'

The campaign, run by the Associação da Luta Contra o Cancer, isn't afraid to shock young women if it means they visit their GP.

Previous ads made it appear as though spiders and cockroaches were living under the skin of women’s breasts.

Although breast cancer is uncommon in women under 30, survival rates are lower for younger patients, and campaigns that target this age group are crucial in getting the message over about early detection.

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Online Cool
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
It would be a good idea if they check each other.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
It would be a good idea if they check each other.

Preferably naked, and with probing tongues!

THE Franta
3000+ posts
THE Franta
3000+ posts
My Mother died from Breast Cancer...wish this would have come out a 5 years ago she would really have appreciated it!

YOU PUT SOUP IN IT!
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Franta
My Mother died from Breast Cancer...wish this would have come out a 5 years ago she would really have appreciated it!

*hugs Franta* \:\(

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!

Link Copied to Clipboard