brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/09/showbiz/snoop-dogg-pot/index.html?hpt=hp_t3
 Quote:
Drug dog busts Snoop Dogg's bus

(CNN) -- Hip hop star Snoop Dogg faces a drug charge after border agents searched his tour bus along the same stretch of a west Texas highway where singer Willie Nelson was busted in 2010, a Texas sheriff said.

Snoop Dogg, whose real name is Calvin Broadus, "freely admitted" that three prescription bottles filled with marijuana cigarettes were his, a statement from the Hudspeth County, Texas, Sheriff said.

The entertainer's representatives did not immediately respond to CNN's request for comment.

The rapper, like Nelson, is an outspoken proponent of pot and he is known to have a license to use prescription medical marijuana in California.

The bust happened early Saturday at his bus approached the U.S. Border Patrol Checkpoint located in Sierra Blanca, Texas, at the U.S.-Mexico border about 85 miles southeast of El Paso, the sheriff's statment said.

"During a routine check of U.S. citizenship the inspecting Border Patrol agent detected the odor of marijuana emitting from the inside of the vehicle and requested the driver to pull into the secondary inspection lane for further inspection," the statement said.
A drug-detection dog sniffing inside the bus "alerted to a trash can located at the rear of the vehicle where a red prescription bottle containing rolled marijuana cigarettes were located," the statement said. Two other containers with marijuana, weighing in all total of 0.130 pounds, were also found, it said.

"Snoop Dogg freely admitted that the marijuana belonged to him and he was placed under arrest by U.S. Border Patrol agents and detained," it said.

He was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia, given a court date of January 20 and released, the sheriff said.

Willie Nelson settled his November 2010 Hudspeth County pot bust with a plea deal that reduced his marijuana possession charge to possession of drug paraphernalia and imposed a $500 fine.

The west Texas prosecutor who handled Nelson's case had suggested Nelson, a treasured icon in the Lone Star state, could pay just a $100 fine if he'd serenade the court with his 1975 hit "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain." The judge quickly vetoed that offer.

"You can bet your ass I'm not going to be mean to Willie Nelson," Hudspeth County Attorney C.R. "Kit" Bramblett told CNN at the time.
Bramblett was in court Monday and unavailable to comment on how he might handle Snoop Dogg's prosecution.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Quote:

The west Texas prosecutor who handled Nelson's case had suggested Nelson, a treasured icon in the Lone Star state, could pay just a $100 fine if he'd serenade the court with his 1975 hit "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain." The judge quickly vetoed that offer saying he would prefer to hear Pancho And Lefty.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
The west Texas prosecutor who handled Nelson's case had suggested Nelson, a treasured icon in the Lone Star state, could pay just a $100 fine if he'd serenade the court with his 1975 hit "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain." The judge quickly vetoed that offer.

"You can bet your ass I'm not going to be mean to Willie Nelson," Hudspeth County Attorney C.R. "Kit" Bramblett told CNN at the time.
Bramblett was in court Monday and unavailable to comment on how he might handle Snoop Dogg's prosecution.

\:lol\: Let's see.

This is in Texas.

Willie Nelson, a white "treasured icon of the Lone Star state".

Snoop "black pro-pot rapper" Dogg.

I wonder if they'll offer Snoop the same deal for a serenade for the court... \:lol\:

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
BTW, someone needs to point this highway out to every and all musical acts and have their GPS plot routes AROUND these yokels...

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Snoop Dog Busted for Marijuana Possession. Also known as the "bottom story of the day."

Assassinist
500+ posts
Assassinist
500+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People

\:lol\: Let's see.

This is in Texas.

Willie Nelson, a white "treasured icon of the Lone Star state".

Snoop "black pro-pot rapper" Dogg.

I wonder if they'll offer Snoop the same deal for a serenade for the court... \:lol\:

Snoop and Willie are good friends and they did do a song together...

Maybe a serenade could happen.

"Life ain't nothin' but bitches and money" - Ice Cube
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Heh.