Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
that and to make money. they are a business.

but some of these creative choices seem a little. . .dated?

Rorschach: Writer/Artist: Steve Ditko

Minutemen: Writer/Artist: Dick Giordano

Comedian: Writer: Joe Gill Artist: Pat Boyette

Dr. Manhattan: Writer: Joe Gill Artist: Steve Ditko

Nite Owl: Writer/Artist: Steve Ditko

Ozymandias: Writer/Artist: Pete Morisi

Silk Spectre: Writer: Joe Gill Artist: Jim Aparo

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
\:lol\:

Originally Posted By: the G-man
Could be.

I can easily envision the idea that there's a "Watchmen" universe that is essentially the prequel universe, not unlike the "alternate timeline" version of "Star Trek" from the Abrams movie.

That universe will be the one that teams up with the DCU.

And we will probably find out that the "prequels" are actually just tales from the alternate universe, where the events of the Moore novel may or may not happen someday (kind of like how DC couldn't decide for a while in the 80s-90s whether DKR was Elseworlds or not).

There is kinda one but it does have definite differences. It is the one that Allen Adam is from in Final Crisis:Superman Beyond 3-D. He looks like Doc Manhattan but not quite the same. I don't know if the other guys are more like their Charlton or Watchmen versions, though.

Originally Posted By: Doc.Mid-Nite
Long story short, after Holland's resurrection he decides to quit being a scientist, but before he could throw all of his work away, Swamp Thing shows up to explain to Holland the importance of the Parliament of Trees and other stuff.

Recommendation on a scale of one to ten?

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Morrison claims to be doing his Watchmen/Charlton mashup as part of the Multiversity stuff. so who knows?

Assassinist
500+ posts
Assassinist
500+ posts
Hmmm... Milligan's writing both that and Animal Man (where he seems to be tying The Red into some of Swamp Thing's Elemental history in very subtle ways... like The Red literally bleeding into the fabric of what all living things grow from)

I'm enjoying both, but I don't buy a ton of comics anymore anyway (just 5 ongoings a month) so there obviously could be some stuff out there that might be better because I honestly don't know much about most of the comics that are out nowadays and I really don't give much of a shit about traditional superhero comics anymore.

"Life ain't nothin' but bitches and money" - Ice Cube
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard