Next Thread
Print Thread
allan1 Offline OP
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
OP Offline
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm no comic journalist nor do I scour the web for news related to comics.I usually keep three sites in my favorites list and when I come across something I think as news that would matter to the RKMBs,I make a topic about it and either add a link to the article or just post the article in my own words.One of the things that's been bantered around here is that there isn't much discussion about comics in the comics forums these days and yes that is true(I pretty much stopped posting shipping lists because only around three people would add to the topic).Well I can tell you that one of the reasons is that there isn't much in the way of comic news anymore.

I frequent Bleeding Cool,CBR and Newsarama and here's the gist:BC is pretty much a rumour site with the occasional factual article.Makes for good reading sometimes but nothing I put any real stock into.Also a lot of blogs and I'm not about to make a topic here regarding someone else's opinion unless it's John Byrne's.

CBR has some news but kind of slow reporting it for the most part,but on the whole this is where I get more reliable info.They have some articles but again,mostly opinion/blog and the occasional interview.Although,they do have a weekly column with Marvel's E-I-C Axel Alonso that sometimes is informative but boils down to 'We have big plans but can't reveal anything!!"

Newsarama has gone to shit.What used to be my most reliable and informative site has turned into Wizard magazine.It's populated with "Top Ten" lists and very little news and anything they do have is more or less rehashed CBR news....sometimes word-for-word.Also a guy that does costume critiques on various comic characters.

A sideline site I visit from time to time is iFanboy-but it's difficult to navigate the site and find news.It's mostly blogs so I don't get much out of it.

DC & Marvel's respective official sites don't really say much and any news from them that's site-worthy would already have been posted by Bleeding Cool or CBR.

I will say that CBR and Newsarama both give good coverage of convention news and panels.

Anyhow,if there's a site that anyone here finds informative and reliable,post a link here so I can check it out.

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Mighty Geek it, you shit!

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
There's nothing to talk about because there's nothing TO talk about. That's because Comic Books are a dead industry. They exist solely to promote tie-in products and market movies. Nothing else.

allan1 Offline OP
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
OP Offline
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
Mighty Geek it, you shit!

Yeeeeeeah......

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Booooooooooooooobs.
allan1 Offline OP
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
OP Offline
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
There's nothing to talk about because there's nothing TO talk about. That's because Comic Books are a dead industry. They exist solely to promote tie-in products and market movies. Nothing else.

Presactly....there isn't much to talk about.I don't think the comic industry is dead,but it does seem to be eating it's own tail and amongst endless regurgitating there's very few stories worth discussing.I mean,I could talk endlessly about how awesome Fables is but it would become redundant after a while.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Booooooooooooooobs.
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
I sometimes hit this site up for comic stuff, too.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Outhousers is a pretty good site. I believe some industry people post there. Started after the great Newsarama forums shutdown.

CBR is good too.

I think the costume critic is Alan Kistler. Did a cool guide to CoIE. Agent of S.T.Y.L.E can be pretty good.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
the videogame industry is the new comic book industry. I think videogames right now are at that point where every comic book is coming out with gritty/edgy superheroes and foil embossed 3d cover variant shits and whatnot. It's near the tipping point.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
http://comicsbulletin.com because it has sexy occasional columnists.

I haven't checked Newsarama in a couple of years. I still check CBR once a week or so to read Comic Book Legends Revealed but nothing else ever catches my eye while I'm there. So I get most of my news from Bleeding Cool, which as an unfounded rumor site is actually a far better news site than Newsarama at least.

Link Copied to Clipboard