Next Thread
Print Thread
allan1 Offline OP
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
OP Offline
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
Battle Scars #6 out and at the end revealed that the primary character,Marcus Johnson,is the son of Nick Fury. He now is known as Nick Fury Jr.,is bald,one eyed with a patch and sports a goatee that brings him in line with looking more like Ultimate Nick Fury and by that,Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury. Also Agent Coulson from the Marvel films is now too part of mainline Marvel Universe.

Bound to happen as Marvel,at one point or another,has tied their movie successes into the comics.After X-Men,came Morrison's New X-Men and black leather outfits replaced costumes. Peter Parker got organic webbing after Spider-Man hit big at the box-office and so on. Tom Brevoort made clear though that Nick Jr. is not head of S.H.I.E.L.D.,but an agent and that Nick Sr. is still around and won't be going anywhere.

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
How was Battle Scars? I saw it and thought it might be a good trade some day.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
But does he look like mother fuckin Sam Jackson?

allan1 Offline OP
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
OP Offline
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
How was Battle Scars? I saw it and thought it might be a good trade some day.

Yeah,it was pretty decent reading.I think it could have been told in 4 issues but dragging it out to 6 makes for a better TPB I suppose.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Booooooooooooooobs.
allan1 Offline OP
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
OP Offline
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Stupid Doog

A more muscular Samuel L. Jackson,but yes.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Booooooooooooooobs.
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
you forgot "motherfucking"

15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
Say 'motherfucking' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say what one more Goddamn time!

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
allan1 Offline OP
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
OP Offline
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: allan1
 Originally Posted By: Stupid Doog

A more motherfucking muscular Samuel L. motherfucking Jackson,but yes motherfucker.

There ya go.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Booooooooooooooobs.
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
This is why you're my favorite Allan out of all the Allans in the world.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Wait....is he white? Because, I thought the Sam Jackson Nick Fury in the ULTIMATE universe was supposed to be the one that's "tied-in" with the movies? I mean, that's who the Ultimate Nick was based on...Sam Jackson...and who they cast in the movie....Sam Jackson...BASED on the fucking book he inspired!....Sam Jackson as Nick motherfucking Fury!

So...now there's Sam motherfucking Jackson Movie Nick Fury, who was based off Sam motherfucking Jackson Ultimate Nick Fury, then there's regular white Nick motherfucking Fury, and now...SON of regular white Nick motherfucking Fury that's based off Sam motherfucking Jackson Movie Nick Fury?

I think I'm going to throw up......

allan1 Offline OP
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
OP Offline
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
Yeah,that's the motherfucking gist of it.To answer your first motherfucking question though:No,he isn't white.... he's half-white/half black and all Nick motherfucking Jr.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Booooooooooooooobs.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: allan1
Yeah,that's the motherfucking gist of it.To answer your first motherfucking question though:No,he isn't white.... he's half-white/half black and all Nick motherfucking Jr.

Oh. Wow. Oh. Talk about "Marketing Protocols". Holy fucking........he's half-white/half-black??? \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:

Is anybody else's mind blown over this nonsense? I mean....what!

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Nothing mindblowing about it. It's the same bullshit DC has been doing since they used that Brainiac 13 crap to make Metropolis look more like it did in STAS (which was, what, on its last season or something?), retconned Superman's entire origin so Luthor's backstory fit in with Smallville (even though nobody with a brain watched that shit) and had a Kryptonian boy conveniently drop out of the sky so Superman could have a son like in Superman Returns (which rocks and you all suck, shut up).

15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
I liked the B13 Metropolis and I thought it was a neat idea for once. I didn't know they were just copying the cartoon.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk
Nothing mindblowing about it. It's the same bullshit DC has been doing since they used that Brainiac 13 crap to make Metropolis look more like it did in STAS (which was, what, on its last season or something?), retconned Superman's entire origin so Luthor's backstory fit in with Smallville (even though nobody with a brain watched that shit) and had a Kryptonian boy conveniently drop out of the sky so Superman could have a son like in Superman Returns (which rocks and you all suck, shut up).

Yeah, not really new. Superman flying, kryptonite, Batman's all black costume, Harley Quinn, Mr. Freeze's Nora backstory. All things started in other media that wound up being adopted by the comics. Film, TV, and radio have always had more influence on the comics than the comics did them.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Not to mention: Alfred back from the dead; the Yvonne Craig Batgirl; Isis showing up in the 70s Shazam comic; Wonder Woman going back to WWII adventures during the Linda Carter series; John Stewart returning to JLA right about the time JL cartoon was airing; etc.

Marvel's been a bit more immune to it, largely because they've had less adaptations and the ones they did have were crap for quite a while, but you have had: Herbie the robot showing up in Byrne's FF; Firestar; organic webshooters; the return of Steve Rogers; etc.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
It's not the inbred copying strategy of marketing. I get that completely. It's how maddening this one is. I mean, this one is beyond the pale. How hard they had to twist to get something like this in, instead of just pointing to Ultimate Nick and saying "There's the fucking movie, morons!"

Link Copied to Clipboard