Next Thread
Print Thread
#1189748 2012-10-12 6:52 PM
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Online Cool
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bryan-young/dc-comics-announces-a-new_b_1959782.html

Quote:

Today, on the first day of the New York Comic-Con, DC Comics made one of the biggest announcements since the relaunch of their entire line. The world's bestselling comic book artist and DC Co-Publisher Jim Lee is teaming up with literary comics favorite Scott Snyder will be teaming up to launch a brand new, ongoing Superman title in 2013.

Next year is Superman's 75th anniversary and sees the release of a blockbuster film in a new franchise, it only makes sense for DC to be launching a new series with two of their most talented employees.

Snyder, currently writing some of the best Batman comics I've ever read, tells me that this Superman story is "the story I'd write if I only got one chance to do the character. I've been developing this story, it's epic in scale, and I'll be setting Superman through challenges that will shake him to his core. Jim [Lee]is great at capturing those absolute moments of a character and I couldn't be more thrilled to be working on this."

It's not hard to imagine how difficult Scott will make things for Superman, and we love our characters more when they're forced through the most strenuous situations so we can see what they're made of. His work on Batman is currently proving that Bruce's adopted, masked family is admirable, but a significant vulnerability. Superman loves more purely and deeply, giving him many more raw nerves for these two to manipulate.

For his part, Lee tells me, "In recent years, I've tried to work with the best writers in the business. I've been watching Scott's career and loved what he did on Batman."

The story they'll be bringing to the table is one that Scott pitched at San Diego Comic-Con. The pair sat down at a breakfast meeting and Scott explained his story and his enthusiasm grew when Jim began describing how he saw the key moments and how he'd draw them. Listening to their enthusiasm as they spoke of their artistic partnership and this piece in particular was infectious.

Though they gave little indication as to what the story was going to be about, listening to them talk made me feel like we're going to be in for something special.

Scott did explain his approach to the story, saying, "I tried to take all of Superman's greatest strengths and turned them into weaknesses, turning them on their head to challenge him. There's new things and they will surprise you, it has all the iconic moments you'd want, but it's still classic Superman even though it's fresh and different."

What few elements of the story he did tease were the characters we'd be seeing. All of our favorites, "You'll see Lex Luthor, Lois Lane, Lana Lang, Perry White, even Bruce [Wayne] makes an appearance.

Jim Lee finished by saying the ending of this story would give Superman fans something to talk about for years to come.

The book hits shelves in 2013.

Good. I think we should have a Suprman title every week.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
How are they going to be able to find a reason for him to cry every week? That well's gonna dry up fast!!

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Maybe they'll alternate the tears between the left and right eyes.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Predictions:

• It'll be called "Superman: the Man of Steel," or, simply "the Man of Steel."
  • Lee will bring Snyder down to his level, not the other way around. Witness that Snyder is already trying to write based on scenes he thinks it would be cool to see drawn by Lee.
  • It will have trouble lasting one year past when Lee and/or Snyder inevitably quit.

hello whore
500+ posts
hello whore
500+ posts
predictions:

• g-man is g-gay
  • rob is hogan-lover nintendo batman gay
  • this thread is gay

I am the Rill Mac!
(formerly randal_flagg)
hello whore
500+ posts
hello whore
500+ posts
brotherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I am the Rill Mac!
(formerly randal_flagg)
hello whore
500+ posts
hello whore
500+ posts
yep

I am the Rill Mac!
(formerly randal_flagg)
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: DrZSmith
  • g-man is g-gay

This was just confirmed by Newsarama.

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
That was just confirmed by life!

Queen of Bitching and Moaning
300+ posts
Queen of Bitching and Moaning
300+ posts
Superman? I'm trying to find a fuck to give...but sadly, not a fuck was given this day...or any other.

Sad Panda

Harsh Mistress of the Nature Boys!©

The last time someone listened to a Bush, folks wandered around in the desert for 40 years...
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
From a retailer standpoint,I'm stoked.Jim Lee still sells books and Scott Snyder's writing keeps "Batman" selling out at my store. So this'll be a "win" in terms of sales. Now me personally,I look forward to it.I loves me some more "Superman" and to be honest,this could be a good book.....however,as noted above,will the title last past Snyder/Lee? Depends on who they would put on it to be sure and really,I haven't charged the batteries in my comic crystal ball to see that far ahead so I'll wait and see. Also,while I still don't care for Super-armor,Jim Lee is the only one I think who draws it well enough(since he's the one who designed it)to make me not notice. Also,this I think is to draw more interest in the upcoming "Man of Steel" movie as well which makes sense from a certain standpoint as DC/WB needs a movie "win" from someone other than Batman.

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Hasn't Supes gone back to the t-shirt and cape as of late? Could be wrong but I thought he gave the armor outfit to Kon-El. Maybe, it is just for the current storyline.

I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I think it's a storyline thing. Could be wrong though....nothing at DC is a given anymore.

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Or it could be a continuity error. Which, now that I think about it, is pretty much the only thing at DC that never stops being a given.

Link Copied to Clipboard