Next Thread
Print Thread
Pariah Offline OP
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I checked into this hotel last week, and the room is amazing--at least by my standards. It's easily the best room I've ever stayed in.

It has two areas. The one next to the door is a living room/kitchen with tile, a working fridge, microwave, faucet, dishwasher, stove top, and fully stocked cabinets. There's also a kitchen table with chairs, a computer desk, coffee and lamp tables, and of course a couch. A lot of space for exercise.

This is complete with an AC, overhead fan, and an adjacent bathroom (with a tub, not a stall).

The TV's an older flat screen, but it has basic cable plus all the popular paid channels and a sliding/rotating platform.

The other room is, of course, the bedroom. It has a king-size bed with yet another suspended television set, ceiling fan, and AC. Pretty spacious closet too.

Definitely not bad for $68 a night--and for Army billeting no less!

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
The house I live in is representative of what people tend to imagine when they think of "third world living conditions," so almost all hotels and motels I've been to were a significant step up, even ones that people would consider bottom of the barrel.

Although I've been to one that I hated simply because the bathroom didn't have a door. It just has a curtain. It wouldn't really matter if I'm the only one renting the room, but I was sharing the room with someone and it just felt awkward using the toilet while feeling like the other person could accidentally walk in.

The best one I've been to was at the Richmonde something-something. A former boss of mine brought his entire staff over for a Filipino-Chinese businessmen's convention of sorts and I was part of the entourage. We were booked in the more expensive suites and the room was big enough for four people but I only had to room in with 3. They got a fully stocked fridge inside that had beer. The hallway kinda looked like the one from the Shining, though.

Pariah Offline OP
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
What was the cost?

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
The Richmonde something suite, I dunno. It was company-paid so I basically just went along for the ride. The one with the no bathroom-door thingie was 300 pesos per day (around 7 US dollars). It's very cheap because it was basically just a vacation house that's offered to local tourists. It's just a room with 2 beds, a TV set, a bathroom, an AC and running water. Nothing else. There's a common kitchen shared with all tenants.

Cheap motels here cost around 600 to 800 pesos for 12 hours (15-20 dollars). I don't know about the decent ones. I heard the real ones where you take high class hookers cost a thousand and five hundred pesos for 12 hours and they had jungle-themed or space-themed rooms.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Probably my favorite hotel is the Mayflower in Washington DC.

I also liked the Royal York up in Toronto but I think it has a different name now.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
The best hotel rooms are the ones where the hookers are on stand-by!

-----once over and twice twisted---------
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Originally Posted By: LLance
The best hotel rooms are the ones where the hookers are on stand-by!

Originally Posted By: the G-man
Probably my favorite hotel is the Mayflower in Washington DC.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I'm usually more excited about the girl I brought with me than the hotel I'm staying in.

On both counts, I loved a place I can't recall the name of, that was right on the beach in Key West.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
I'm usually more excited about the girl I brought with me than the hotel I'm staying in.

On both counts, I loved a place I can't recall the name of, that was right on the beach in Key West.

Girl? Was she 12 years old? Did she have a 10 inch penis? Did you just have six beers?

Last edited by LLance; 2013-04-30 7:18 PM.

-----once over and twice twisted---------
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Hotel St George in Rome.

Crosby Street Hotel in NY was good too.

I'm lucky: when I travel I get to stay in nice hotels, and boutqiue hotels usually cost just as much as big hotel chains.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

Link Copied to Clipboard