Next Thread
Print Thread
#1221444 2016-08-08 7:12 PM
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
OP Offline
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
I'm not going to waste my bandwidth on a review. Robbie was a great Harley, 30 Seconds to Joker was a gold toothed, tattooed thug mob boss who should have followed the Heath Ledger school of method acting to completion. Will Smith played Will Smith - not a bad guy, a bullshit antihero with family drama. I think Enchantress kept having mini strokes and they worked that into the character?

Also, Slipknot will be joining us. But he doesn't get an origin because he's going to die before the end of this sentence.

3 out of 5 Bobo's, 2.5 were because I could watch Margot Robbie peel vegetables for 130 minutes as long as she's in fishnets and hot pants.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
This movie's taking a beating on the review front. And I know a lot of people have ducked out of seeing it.

And I was never going to see it.

Anyway, that's pretty cool with me. I've decided I want all comicbook universe ventures based on DC and Marvel to crash and burn. Unfortunately, Marvel's aren't crashing and burning as much as I'd like, but Fox is just destroying DC right now. Here's to hoping Marvel starts behaving and churns out stinkers from now on.

Stupid Doog #1221449 2016-08-09 12:25 AM
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Stupid Doog
I'm not going to waste my bandwidth on a review. Robbie was a great Harley, 30 Seconds to Joker was a gold toothed, tattooed thug mob boss who should have followed the Heath Ledger school of method acting to completion. Will Smith played Will Smith - not a bad guy, a bullshit antihero with family drama. I think Enchantress kept having mini strokes and they worked that into the character?

Also, Slipknot will be joining us. But he doesn't get an origin because he's going to die before the end of this sentence.

3 out of 5 Bobo's, 2.5 were because I could watch Margot Robbie peel vegetables for 130 minutes as long as she's in fishnets and hot pants.

Haven't seen it yet but I will.

It has indeed really copped it in reviews. John Ostrander, who write the classic title in the 80s, gave it a thumbs up though.

Ostrander notes that Leto copying Ledger would have not worked as each actor needs to revisit the character. That might just be an excuse for overacting. I think the Joker works best when he is less camp / extreme, and more sinister and lurk-y. Probably the best Joker I have read wasn't the Joker: it was Mister Rictus in Wanted by Mark Millar. "You wuz sneaking into cribs!" accuses Fox, and its not denied by Rictus. Ugh. You don't need to see it to be deplored by it. (Also he eats as a pig roast the story's version of Lex Luthor which is gross.)

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Online Cool
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
not a fan of joker

not a fan of Harley

pissed that they blacked up Deadshot

I can wait for netflix for this movie

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!

Link Copied to Clipboard