Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I would point out that Trump was the one accusing the former President of a major crime with no real evidence. And the sad thing is everyone knew Of Trump's low character.

Fair play!
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Yes, Obama Did Investigate Trump. The core claim underlying Trump’s tweets is true: people acting on the authority of Obama opened an investigation into Trump’s campaign, then criminally leaked mention of it to friendly news outlets in an attempt to derail his election.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah

What the fuck? Where did this post come from!?

And MEM. Have you, by chance, changed your name to McCarthy yet?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah

What the fuck? Where did this post come from!?

Russian hacking, no doubt.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Paul Manafort’s plan to ‘greatly benefit Putin government’

Sorry Pariah, there is not any performance art evidence yet.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Did you notice he worked for Russia over ten years ago?

You seem to be falsely implying he did so whilel associated with the Trump campaign.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Fair play!
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Immunity from what?

Honestly, imo, Trump is becoming far too Nixonian within the first hundred days for me to see him do anything but fail spectacularly. He is one bad (or sick) guy!

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

While I like Trump and voted for him, about once a week or so he says or posts something that makes me cringe. I still see him as someone capable of shaking up the system and enacting real reforms, but then intermittently he consistently makes impulsive and erratic comments that de-rail the focus on his agenda.

I think the first that bothered me was how he campaigned against Hillary and said she needs to be investigated and subject to the same standard of justice as any other American. Then after the election, he backed off of calls to investigate Hillary. And at the time of the inauguration, he said that Bill and Hillary are "good people"!

In the last week, while I certainly want Obamacare repealed, I was put off by the rush to do so, including a rush by Trump himself. It was creepily similar to the March 2010 passing of Obamacare, where Representatives were expected to vote for the bill without any advance public disclosure of what was actually in the bill. And now just today, Trump had a Twitter post attacking the "Freedom Caucus" (I wish they's just call themselves the conservative/Tea Party caucus) saying that "we have to defeat them and the Democrats in 2018"! Wow, great way to build s coalition to pass it in a second round. First off, the Freedom Caucus were not the only Republicans who wouldn't vote for it. Second, I would only be satisfied with a bill offered in its entirety to the public in advance for review.

I still defend Trump against a lot of unfair attacks. But yeah, there can be no doubt that much of the negative press he brings on himself with his own impulsive and careless remarks.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

The smoking gun against the Obama camp's illegal surveillance?
Dr. Elizabeth Farkas, Obama's former Assistant Deputy Secretary of Defense admitted yesterday on MSNBC's Morning Joe program the frenzy with which they gathered and spread as much surveillance intelligence as they could before the Obama administration left, and Trump's inauguration:

The admission broadcast on MSNBC, no less!

As O'Reilly said last night, to watch any network but FOX, you'd think that Trump and his staff were about to be indicted, instead of the reverse that is actually happening, to the Obama staffers.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
"Breaking! Plan To Assassinate Trump Leaked"

With playful sarcasm, Alex Jones starts this clip mocking the liberal media's selectively ignoring the self-incriminating facts of the Obama administration's illegal surveillance of the Trump campaign and Trump presidency. Crazily ignoring the facts that THEY THEMSELVES reported months ago, now that those facts give validity to the Trump administration's comments on that illegal surveillance.
And how the media also selectively ignores and doesn't report calls from the Left and globalists to assassinate Trump, to suspend Congress, and to replace it with a shadow government. Hey, nothing new, nothing to see here!

About 8 minutes in he interviews Trump advisor Roger Stone, and Stone beautifully lays out the incredible deviousness of John Podesta's strategy to accuse the Trump campaign of treasonous collusion with the Russians, getting the complicit liberal media to devote all their air-time on a wild goose chase for non-existent evidence of Trump ties to the Russians, to divert attention from the ACTUAL evidence of Hillary Clinton's treason and receipt of millions from the Russians!

As Ann Coulter said back in 2009, "if you want to know what the Democrats are up to, just look at what they are accusing Republicans of."

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Fair play!
#1223288 2017-04-13 12:56 AM
Captain Pouty
7500+ posts
Captain Pouty
7500+ posts
cunt!

#1223292 2017-04-13 12:56 AM
Captain Pouty
7500+ posts
Captain Pouty
7500+ posts
cunt!

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
So, Carter Page was under a FISA warrant, according to unnamed sources. We still don’t know if anything felonious or impeachable was captured. FISA warrants are almost never turned down, so it’s apparent that the threshold is rather low.

What is absolutely true as of right now is that there is no definitive proof that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia. But that Obamas people unmasked someone.

Maybe you should be praying this goes away.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
i'm fine with this playing out, lol. Maybe it gets even more interesting after 2018

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
FBI director fired reminds me of Nixon.

Fair play!
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
This is gonna work out fantastically for the Democrats. This and the AHCA, which probably won't make it through the Senate (which is, I think, a good thing), will essentially deplete what little goodwill the GOP had remaining and allow the Dems to sell themselves as free of corruption and champions of the working class. They're neither, of course, and if you covered up the letters after names you'd have a hard time telling the two parties apart, but DJT is the best thing to happen to the Democrats' marketing strategy since Goldwater.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man

Two weeks ago Comey was an incompetent republican stooge who helped cost Hillary the election. Now you think he's Archibald Cox. No wonder you support socialized medicine. You could never afford the treatment for the constant whiplash otherwise.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Yes I did have problems with Comey's handling of Clinton's emails that Trump has praised. Is it really credible that he's now done a flip flop and fired him for it? And right after Comey asked for more resources for the Russia investigation. This honestly does look like a cover up.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch
This is gonna work out fantastically for the Democrats. This and the AHCA, which probably won't make it through the Senate (which is, I think, a good thing), will essentially deplete what little goodwill the GOP had remaining and allow the Dems to sell themselves as free of corruption and champions of the working class. They're neither, of course, and if you covered up the letters after names you'd have a hard time telling the two parties apart, but DJT is the best thing to happen to the Democrats' marketing strategy since Goldwater.

These days I wouldn't assume much. I think you are probably correct about those things helping dems but neither party is popular right now. I don't think dems can do the same thing as the miniority party that the GOP did.

Fair play!
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
I honestly don't think it's a cover-up, or at least it wasn't planned as one. It's hard for me not to see Comey's firing as a bog-standard Trumper-Tantrum™, the timing of which was juuuuust unfortunate enough to look extremely suspect. It's suspect enough that it could easily merit further subpœnas and maybe allow impeachment (Trumpeachment™!) proceedings to make it onto the table. The worst thing the GOP could do at this point would be to circle the wagons and double down on TRUMP DID NOTHING WRONG, but as an Ohioan it's easy for me to see (comparatively) moderate governors like Kasich and senators like Portman breaking ranks. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of an unmendable split in the party, but then nothing would make me happier than the fracturing of both Democrats and Republicans in favor of a coalition-based system.

Last edited by Captain Sammitch; 2017-05-11 2:34 AM.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

Two weeks ago Comey was an incompetent republican stooge who helped cost Hillary the election. Now you think he's Archibald Cox. No wonder you support socialized medicine. You could never afford the treatment for the constant whiplash otherwise.

Comey was always designed to be a the Democrats' controlled opposition. They pretended that he was a Trump stooge in an attempt to make him untouchable. The reality here is that Comey was helping to cover up the DNC's dirty little secrets--not to mention Hilldawg's--while, at the same time, posing as Hillary's enemy.

Their miscalculation was in assuming that Trump was going to lose. Now that Trump is in office and Comey's on the chopping block, they've completely reversed their position on him since he was their stop-gap.

Trump knew Comey was corrupt but couldn't get rid of him right away since DEMs were still trying to hammer him on the 'Russian' meme. So he waited until he had repetitive instances in which it was affirmed and reaffirmed that no evidence of Russian collusion existed before giving him the axe.

MEM is, of course, aware of all of this, but continues to take notes from Wasserman-Schultz and Dingy Harry and play dumb in an effort to passively support the hill(dawg) he'd already chosen to die on over six months ago.

Sammitch is as clueless as always.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Was there some performance art that sinched it for you P?

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Yes I did have problems with Comey's handling of Clinton's emails that Trump has praised. Is it really credible that he's now done a flip flop and fired him for it? And right after Comey asked for more resources for the Russia investigation. This honestly does look like a cover up.

MEM accusing anyone of flip flopping. Mmkayyy

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Lol, g's safe space in all this. My opinion on how Comey handled Clinton's emails hasn't changed. Trump's has. Or more to the point he claims it has. And today it just sort of unraveled.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I love watching the spin on ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN and MSNBC, that Trump's firing of FBI Director Comey is absolutely because "Comey was requesting further funding" to investigate Trump administration collusion with Russia. I've yet to hear one fact to support that wild assertion from the liberal media.

Only when you turn to Fox do you hear that Trump as president has the absolute right to fire the FBI director (like many other appointed heads) at any time and replace him, and that he is completely within his rights to do so.
Only on Fox do you hear that, with Schumer-led Democrat obstruction, it took Trump over a month after inauguration to get his Attorney General, and only 2 weeks ago get his deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein (aapproved 94-6). And only with that addition of staff was Sessions able to delegate Rosenstein to evaluate how to restore the morale and integrity of the FBI. And lo and behold, he quite predictably said that James Comey is the source of that low morale and public distrust, and only with him gone can internal and external trust in the FBI be restored. It's perfectly logical that Comey would be fired once there is staff to re-tool the FBI. The announcement was at about 5:50 PM Tuesday, right before the 6PM news hour, that to me demonstrates some degree of calculation, for all the wailing about the firing being senseless.

Only on Fox News do you see the clips showing the hypocrisy of Democrats like Schumer, Reid, Durbin and Pelosi, who very recently called for Comey's resignation or firing as essential, and called Comey's actions blatantly corrupt, outrageous and untrustworthy.
To be sure, there is hypocrisy in Trump saying before Comey was doing a "great job" and then suddenly saying he had to be fired for his incompetence. But Trump arguably initially needed Comey through the transition period. It's only logical that once Trump now has other staff in place, he's ready to cut Comey loose. But the actions by Comey, both his July speech saying "no reasonable person would prosecute" Hillary Clinton, while simultaneously making the case to indict her, and then days before the election re-opening the investigation, then again days after closing it, are abundant evidence that Comey was not following the rule of law and warranted being replaced at any moment.

The hysterical protests of the liberal media otherwise, raising wild conspiracies that Comey was fired to shut down the investigation of a Trump-Russia collusion, are just so much horseshit, without a shred of evidence to support it. Pure smear. Comey was director of the FBI, with thousands of agents, whether Comey is there or not, dozens of agents continue that investigation.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I haven't seen it reported that the firing was illegal or that it had to be because of Comey requesting more resources for the Russia investigation. Trump does have the right to fire somebody who is investigating him. Nixon did too.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
That being said: Trumps tweets insinuating he's been recording Comey and/or others are wildly stupid. Putting aside the easy Nixon comparison, even if no such tapes exist he's opening up himself and the Justice Department to months or years of litigation attempting to have such tapes subpoenaed and/or released under FOIA.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
As I sai before my opinion on how Comey handled Clinton's emails hasn't changed. Trump says his did. It keeps shifting so we can only guess what he really thinks. I can't imagine you guys being okay if Obama behaved this way, it's more than a little foolish to expect it to be different now that it's your guy.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I hope the Senate refuses anybody that would take an oath of loyalty to Trump btw.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
As I sai before my opinion on how Comey handled Clinton's emails hasn't changed. Trump says his did. It keeps shifting so we can only guess what he really thinks. I can't imagine you guys being okay if Obama behaved this way, it's more than a little foolish to expect it to be different now that it's your guy.

Every last Democrat in the Senate and Congress who is now shrieking about what an outrage it is that Trump fired Comey, are the exact same Democrats who were demanding Comey's resignation or firing in the last 6 months.

Irony, that.

It's not comparable to Nixon's firings:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Massacre

Nixon fired the special prosecutor investigating him, causing the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General to resign in protest. With the clear intent to stop and obstruct the Watergate investigation.
Trump fired one guy that EVERYONE on both sides of the political aisle said was doing a bad job, and it doesn't obstruct the investigation. My only complaint is that Comey should have been pulled aside and told he was being fired, instead of having to find out watching the news.
But Comey had unquestionably done things that both sides felt warranted his dismissal. The rest is posturing by Democrats and the liberal media, and a few RINO Republicans.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Do you imagine that you or g would have been fine if Obama had dismissed him just after requesting additional resources for an investigation that included Obama. Or how about the request for loyalty? Or the mess of lies and half truths that were thrown out as reasons for firing Comey. Trump doesn't look bad, he is bad.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Do you imagine that you or g would have been fine if Obama had dismissed him just after requesting additional resources for an investigation that included Obama.

Lying insinuation, with no facts to support it. The FBI investigation of Trump/Russia collusion continues regardless of Comey's firing, unimpeded.
Likewise Senate and Congress investigations as well.
Where, by the way, is ONE investigation of Hillary Clinton's Russia collusion?
And in contrast WHERE IS ACTUAL EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THE ALLEGATION AGAINST TRUMP?

Quote:
Or how about the request for loyalty?

I don't know specifically what you mean. But what administration doesn't require loyalty?
The Obama administration was described even by decades-seasoned liberal New York Times and Washington Post reporters as the "most control freak" administration they'd ever dealt with, that was fanatical about tracking down and prosecuting leakers within the White House. THIS only the conservative media wanted to report, I don't see what the Trump administration could possibly be doing that exceeds that.

Quote:
Or the mess of lies and half truths that were thrown out as reasons for firing Comey. Trump doesn't look bad, he is bad.

Assertions with no evidence to back it up.
AGAIN: Every last Democrat screaming foul play over Comey's firing has made one or more statements ON VIDEO calling for Comey's firing or resignation within the last 6 months. For them to allege now that it was inappropriate is laughable. Comey is no Archibald Cox.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
My opinion of how you guys would have reacted to a hypothetical isn't a lie because after over 16 years of seeing your comments that is how I honestly feel.

Fair play!
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard