Next Thread
Print Thread
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Or both?

Is almost my whole collection fucked now or can I fix the bending?

I am soooooo pissed off right now.

I worked nine days straight ten hours a day and my first day off I discover this shit.

I take alot of pride in how I keep my comics.

Not for re-sale mind you but mainly because as a kid (and only a casual comic reader) I could never keep anything nice. I never had the disipline.

I lost alot of good comics I wish I still had now.

I still have not gone in and surveyed the entire damage to my collection.

I want to calm down and think straight when I get in there.

These are all my major titles. What I collect every month. ( I keep minis and titles I go month to month with a diffrent way.)

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
How tight do you pack your boxes? If you bag and board all of your books, loose packing really wouldn't be the problem, though. Sounds like a bags vs. boards issue. Are the boards snug in the bag before you put the comics in? It might be as simple as rebagging with larger bags, i.e. putting your boarded modern books in SA bags, boarded silvers in GA bags.

As far as flattening them, if the bags n' boards are the problem, rebagging them and packing them fairly tight in the box should correct that. Good luck.

100+ posts
100+ posts
I'd have to agree with PL's assessment.It sounds like yer bags are way too tight.
A comic should slide in and out with ease.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
I actually put my moderns on modern boards with silver age bags and stuff that I just want in good condition not super-mint i can plop em 3 in one bag and never really have a bend problem (only acouple insatnces when it detracted from the typical VF condition). Let's face it with the new printing standards once you read a book it's at best VF, because of the chemicals in teh inks and the paper quality-unless you use chopsticks to turn the pages . I hate modern bags. I never use them. I put my more valuable stuff individually in a SA bag with a SA board or even a modern board. Modern bags are a pain.

Don't pack your box too full of books either. There should be 1/2 inch or so breathing room for the books on either end.I've actually noticed some new boxes are a bit too small for bigger boards..so you may actually need a different box.Umm.. the box should, of course, be horizontal on the ground too...

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Just like PL......I use long boxes but you must I repeat you must use Silver Age Bags and Boards......you can even stick two comics in there if you want.......current Bags and Boards suck.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Shit, did I miss the meetin on SA vs MA bags or what.

Shit.

I can't afford to re-board/bag my entire collection right now.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
I buy my bags and short boxes (much easier to move around [wink] ) from bcwsupplies.com -- They have good bulk discounts, you can get a thousand bags (Modern and SA) for $20 and shipping. I don't really use boards, but they offer them at $5.60/ 100-count, $4.50 or so ea. for 10 or more. Worth a look.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Poverty Lad:
I buy my bags and short boxes (much easier to move around [wink] ) from bcwsupplies.com -- They have good bulk discounts, you can get a thousand bags (Modern and SA) for $20 and shipping. I don't really use boards, but they offer them at $5.60/ 100-count, $4.50 or so ea. for 10 or more. Worth a look.

Awesome thx.

Link Copied to Clipboard