Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 42 of 47 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 46 47
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Dont you ever shut the fuck up?
Nobody cares. Go fake internet suicide yourself again.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days

I don't care what anyone says: this is a damn decent, atmospheric shooter. It corrects all the mistakes of its predecessor while building upon its strengths.

It's true that the dialogue is shit, but its genre doesn't require brilliant writing. Above all else, it's about two guys who always screw up, and cause a shit-ton of mayhem in the process.

On that note: I was disappointed to find out that IO cancelled all projects, including Kane and Lynch 3, in favor of focusing on the Hitman franchise--which they've already ruined. Sucks.

I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
I liked Dog Days (and for that matter, Dead Men) for what it was. It's the kind of game I can enjoy playing co-op when I'm in the mood for something that just borders on mindless entertainment. My only complaint is that whenever I tried (about 2 yrs. ago) NOBODY was playing online. The arcade mode was intriguing, but because all of the AI "teammates" work together and only you can turn traitor, it was kinda lame.

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Something I've noticed just now after playing both games is that the player has a lot of space to move around in each level. But at the same time, you're not pressured to traverse every corner to make sure you don't miss anything like in a bunch of other games where you're running around for no reason. every area within these fairly spacious environments serves a strategic purpose relative to the scope of the gunfights.

The fights in Dead Men aren't scaled as well as in Dog Days (with respect to the environments), but I can attribute that to the sequel correcting a weakness of the first game.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Yeah. Dead Men would've been a million times more enjoyable if hitting a target wasn't akin to pissing in the wind. I was thankful that neither game had you collecting random shit to get a trophy/unlock/higher rating, but still think the online-only trophies in Dog Days are horeshit. Have you heard the rumor about Gerard Butler and Vin Diesel being possible casting picks for a film adaptation?
Butler as Kane I can see. Diesel? Sure, if he gains 40 pounds....

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Ugh! No.

Just use Brian Bloom and, perhaps, Michael Ironside.

Honestly, I'd rather have an animation anyway.

And in my mind, inaccuracy is a part of the game. Budgeting your ammunition as you fire controlled bursts until you finally achieve the level of probability required to actually hit the target. In my mind, that's another one of those little things that made Dog Days so unique: it's not so much about applying accuracy as it is about coping with inaccuracy.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
world of warplanes. it's been live for almost two weeks now. I was really involved in the beta but work got busy enough for me to get really rusty by the time the final release happened. add in the fact that all the higher-tier planes I unlocked in beta were taken away and replaced with the same tier-1 n00bkites as everyone else, and it's been an interesting week or so for me.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Just picked up Uncharted 3 and red dead revolver. Will be playing the mess out of them

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch
I benched Ben Tate this week.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
it's a euphemism for having sex.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: K-nutreturns
Just picked up Uncharted 3 and red dead revolver. Will be playing the mess out of them

Do you mean Redemption?

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
whops. Yeah that's what I meant

"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Got Arkham Origins used for about fifteen bucks off. Here's to hoping its better than the craptastic Arkham City.

Not hearing Kevin Conroy's voice is a bit of a turn off, but Craig's isn't too bad--if rather robotic.

And the costume sucks. Hopefully I can switch to the classic costume down the road.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Wait, wait... Are you saying that you don't like something? This is unbelievable. [/orange font]

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Arkham City is regarded as not only the best Batman game, but one of the best games in recent years ... of course Pariah hates it.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
As for what I am playing, all PS4 games:
Assassins creed 4
Injustice:Gods among us
Lego Marvel
Killzone Shadow Fall
Need For Speed Rivals
Resogun
War thunder
Contrast
DC Universe Online
Warframe

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Ugh! So, apparently, Barbara Gordon is some kind of computer genius before being crippled.

"But...But...We needed some way to get a sassy young female foil for Batman!"

Shit sucks.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Barbara Gordon can program me a sandwich from the kitchen mainframe.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
Ugh! So, apparently, Barbara Gordon is some kind of computer genius before being crippled.

Shit sucks.

You do know that Batgirl has always had a photographic memory yes?
Or do you think that she learned to be a computer genius in a few months after being crippled?
Most computer geniuses start learning at an early age.
Stop whining for whinings sake you fucktard.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Nöwheremän

Shit sucks.

You do know that Batgirl has always had a photographic memory yes?
Or do you think that she learned to be a computer genius in a few months after being crippled?
Most computer geniuses start learning at an early age.
Stop whining for whinings sake you fucktard.

Yeah, good luck with that one.

I do find it funny that the guy who thinks that Batman can do everything on his own and needs no help believes it impossible for Barbara to have a superior knowledge of computers without a spinal injury.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I didn't say anything was impossible. I said they made concessions to force her into the dialogue.

But I suppose you guys like sidekick cliches and crappy dialogue.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
No you didn't. You bitched because she was a computer expert before being crippled (not only totally plausible, but very likely). It's much more likely that you just don't like her inclusion because you don't like Batman having allies (a point that you've made over and over again) than any fault of the game's writing.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I can multitask. Two birds with one stone and all that.

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
If you didn't like Arkham City you won't like origins. It's more of the same. Which is good for those of us who thought it was amazing. For you...just more bitching.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
KNUT

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
YOU'RE BACK

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
If you didn't like Arkham City you won't like origins. It's more of the same. Which is good for those of us who thought it was amazing. For you...just more bitching.

I like it when Pariah dislikes something as it generally means everyone else in the world will like it (well all except Pro, but thats because his shrivelled brain barely progressed beyond Pong and Space Invaders).

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
I didn't say anything was impossible. I said they made concessions to force her into the dialogue.

At which point did they make concessions?
This game is Arkham "Origins" and its all about origins and firsts.
Its not the DCU or the new 52, its the Arkham universe meaning it has its own timeline. That means they can do whatever the fuck they want with the history of the timeline. The fact that Batman met most of his rogues for the first time in one night must really piss you off as well.

Simple fact is that this origin for Barbara makes more sense than the DCU origin, being that its actually setting up a valid reason that she became Oracle (and unless I am forgetting something, there is nothing in the Arkham universe to suggest she was Batgirl or crippled, so its entirely plausible that the Arkham Oracle is just a really smart woman who is a computer operator and was never a superhero who later got crippled).
What really made no sense if you think about it was that Batgirl in the traditional DCU suddenly became a computer genius just because she could no longer be Batgirl. She had to be a computer genius beforehand, even with her photographic memory.

As Doc said, you are not complaining because it makes no sense or is a concession, you are complaining because you just dont like the fact Batman has allies, especially female ones.

By your logic maybe we should all believe that Batman didnt train from an early age or learn science n shit when he was young. He automatically learned it all the minute he put on the bat suit.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Bruce Wayne prayed and asked god to make science and martial arts super easy to learn, and god delivered. It's fact.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
You're thinking of the Elseworlds story written by Billy Graham.

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts

I like it when Pariah dislikes something as it generally means everyone else in the world will like it (well all except Pro, but thats because his shrivelled brain barely progressed beyond Pong and Space Invaders).

exactly

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Bruce Wayne prayed and asked god to make science and martial arts super easy to learn, and god delivered. It's Elseworlds fact.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
I do find it funny that the guy who thinks that Batman can do everything on his own and needs no help believes it impossible for Barbara to have a superior knowledge of computers without a spinal injury.

Leave it to you to parrot hack writers.

I just got to the segment where Alfred gives him the "you can't do it alone" speech. Another *blech* literary excuse to identify Batman as a franchise operation rather than a character.

"You're not a man on an island Bruce!"; go fuck yourself Rocksteady's version of Alfred.

Obsessiveness and mental trauma is a study of individuality. Not collectivism. Fuck this shit. I'm taking all three Batman games back to the store: I can't even look at them anymore.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
As Doc said, you are not complaining because it makes no sense or is a concession, you are complaining because you just dont like the fact Batman has allies, especially female ones.

That's exactly why it's a concession. Even I were to admit that Batman has gained allies, that doesn't mean any given Batman story requires them to be identified as relevant functionaries to his character let alone elements upon which his efficacy is dependent.

And, by the way, I liked the idea of Cassandra--even though she was Rucka's brainchild. Bitchy Barbara, on the other hand, has always been annoying and superfluous, serving solely as a functionary for attracting more demographics. It's a shame Moore didn't kill her off.

I have no problem with the idea of Batman using other people to meet his goals: that's exactly what both his and Gordon's character have done through the books' history. However, setting up a sensitive network and establishing "family" ties (not to mention associating with the JLA) has always been silly when you consider the character you're working with. It's just a ploy to attract different types of consumers--hardly consonant to Batman's unhinged behavior.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
What do you think of Tower of Babel?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I thought the idea was great. Leave it to Mark Waid to ruin it by using it as some sort of underdeveloped scheme to reveal Batman's identity to everyone--not to mention his typically poor dialogue and narrative.

If I ever got ahold of the DCU continuum, I'd revisit ToB and take the story to its logical conclusion: Batman only joined the JLA to spy and develop deterrents to potential threats to Gotham, and not because he agreed with it.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
and to look at Wonder Woman's boobs.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
go fuck yourself Rocksteady's version of Alfred.

And once again, your ignorance kicks into overdrive seeing as the biggest complaint most people have with this game is that it wasnt made by Rocksteady. They may have created this universe, but that Alfred speech has fuck all to do with them.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Whatever.

I got a full refund for Origins and a buck sixty for Arkham City. When it came right down to it though, I couldn't give up on Arkham Asylum. Even with its character and dialogue issues, it's still superior to the others in terms of story, and I wanted to keep at least one Free-Flow Combat game.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Finally picked up BioShock Infinite+DLC, local game store had a deal going so I grabbed the BioShock 1&2 Ultimate Rapture Edition along with. I never finished BioShock 1 due to a game-stopping bug in the PC version (can't get required items from safe in Arcadia), but I enjoyed what I did play. Probably gonna play through Infinite then when I'm bored and just trying to collect trophies, get back to 1&2.

Also: Anyone else looking forward to the Thief reboot?

Page 42 of 47 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard