Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Lisa Hayward was a news anchor for WPBF in West Palm Beach, and for over 10 years, my favorite of the local news anchors. She disappeared suddenly, and I thought she moved on to another station. I knew toward the end that she was married to Derek Hayward, another local reporter for WSVN out of Fort Lauderdale.

Somehow I missed what happened to them when it occurred, but did a search and came across this:

Ex-Channel 25 Star Lisa Hayward in Divorce Drama

Quote:
September 27, 2011
by Jose Lambiet

Former WPBF-Channel 25 hottie Lisa Hayward is soon going to be single again! Well, sorta.

Lisa Hayward (Coutesy lisahayward.net)

Lisa, 40, who worked the prime-time shift at the West Palm Beach station for 10 years, is at the receiving end of a divorce complaint filed by veteran investigative reporter Derek Hayward.

He’s the guy with the Fox-ian British tabloid accent at WSVN-Channel 7 in Miami, and Lisa’s husband of 18 years.

The Haywards, the parents of two children, hit a rough patch last summer when the now-unemployed Lisa was picked up near her Broward County home on a DUI charge.

Three days later, Derek, 60, was arrested for allegedly roughing her up. Lisa, 40, who was also an anchor on WSFL’s now-defunct The Morning Show, pleaded no contest to the DIU rap while no charges were filed against Derek on the domestic violence incident.

Derek is asking a Broward court to be the kids' primary guardian. And Lisa needs dough. She reports no income and $3,807 in monthly expenses and has yet to pay her attorney. I’m told she is, however, in love again — with a former Channel 7 colleague of Derek!

Derek (courtesy WSVN)

In 2008, Derek came close to reporting his wife missing after a public appearance in West Palm Beach. She eventually turned up and told him she turned off her cell phone so she could interview Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil in his room at The Breakers in Palm Beach. The rocker was in town to celebrate the opening on his bar on West Palm Beach’s Clematis district, Dr. Feelgoods.

Neither Derek nor Lisa returned calls about the divorce.

I found that after reading this update on Derek Hayward's life:

TV newsman Derek Hayward leaves Ch. 7

Quote:
by Jose Lambiet

TV news veteran Derek Hayward, a star at WSVN-Channel 7 since 1991, resigned his job suddenly Tuesday.

It’s the end of an era at the Fox affiliate. But the divorced father of two, 62, says it was time for a life change.

“I’m at that point when I need a change in my life,” Hayward told me. “The timing is right.”

Known for his English accent and flamboyant Fleet Street-style delivery, Hayward says he’ll miss the fast-paced biz and his buds at the station.

Hayward was hired soon after WSVN lost its affiliation with NBC, at a time when it was changing to a more sensational news format. He eventually became the newsroom’s highest paid reporter.

“I leave with absolutely nothing but the highest regard for WSVN,” he said. “They’ve treated me wonderfully in the course of the past two decades.”

He declined to comment further but added that WSVN management knew for weeks he was pondering his future.

While sources in TV land told me Hayward reached out to other local stations after difficult contract negotiations at Channel 7, he’s telling friends it’s unlikely he’ll remain on the tube.

Hayward, who lives in Margate, told newsroom sources he’s working on a novel about the local television market. He also wants to spend more time working for his pet charity.

Hayward’s a volunteer trainer at Tomorrow’s Rainbow, a Coconut Creek nonprofit that uses interaction with horses to help children cope with the loss of a parent.

WSVN’s publicist had no comment about losing one of the station’s most recognizable faces.

In 2010, Derek and his anchorwoman ex-wife, Lisa Hayward, landed in the slammer within three days of each other. Lisa was arrested on DUI charges; Derek, for allegedly roughing her up while talking about the DUI.

This is the wildest stuff since another channel 7 news personality, weatherman Bill Kamal, was busted and went to prison for arranging sex with children over the internet.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Lisa Hayward, as a news anchor (left), and as a less glamorous suspect arrested for DUI (right).

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Lisa Hayward and husband Derek in better times.

This Daily Mail piece goes into a bit more detail about what happened.

Derek Hayward has a Robin Leach Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous-type of speaking voice. Similar to reporter Jonathan Hunt on the Fox News channel.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

More Lisa Hayward photos. One of them --delightfully -- in lingerie!

Remarkably, she was much more petite than I imagined when I met her, standing about 5'2".

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
This lowbrow local weekly rag, The Miami New Times called her a "Glamazon", whatever the criteria is for warranting that label. I would expect that label to be reserved for celebrities with a lot of visibility, but according to them, no one knows who she is because she's on a morning show no one watches. An odd contradiction.

Quote:

WSFL News Glamazon Lisa Hayward Arrested for DUI After Crashing Car Into Tree

By Kyle Munzenrieder
Fri., Jul. 30 2010 at 1:51 PM

You know Lisa Hayward? Of course not. She plays the Ann Curry part of newsreader on WSFL-TV's fledgling, often-re-tooled morning show, which hardly anyone watches. Well, she crashed her car into a tree Wednesday night and was arrested with a blood alcohol level two times the legal limit.

The Sun-Sentinel reports the crash happened near 800 NE 26th Ave. in Pompano Beach Wednesday night. Hayward's blood alcohol level came in at 0.17 percent, which is more than two times the legal limit of 0.08 percent.

She was bailed out on a $2,500 bond but faces four charges, including DUI.

The funny thing is that the Sun-Sentinel broke the story. The paper is owned by the Tribune Co., which also owns WSFL, and the station and paper share news resources.

In any case, it reveals that she hit a tree, refused a breathalyzer test, and when she was finally reluctantly tested, she was still twice the legal limit.

I find it amazing how little there is online about a locally fairly well known news anchor, and her even more well-known news anchor husband. No news of whether she was fired or resigned from WSFL, or where she moved on to. Or even the outcome of her DUI trial.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
As I said, Lisa Hayward was the weekend news anchor, and later weekday morning news anchor on WPBF 25 for over 10 years before her gig for WSFL 39, and I was just curious how she left, and where she went after. But I guess that's as much as will be revealed.

I think it's a safe bet that WSFL fired her after the DUI, or at best, let her resign.

Apparently, Lisa Hayward's DUI also hastened the death of the program she appeared on, shortly after her departure:

Quote:

WSFL cancels 'The Morning Show'
August 09, 2010

Say goodnight to the The Morning Show. After 16 fruitless months of trying to build an audience for the wake-Morningshow-up program, a kind of rapid-fire ADD version of The Today Show, WSFL-CW 39 pulled the plug after Wednesday's telecast.
Even the arrest of news anchor Lisa Hayward on DUI charges (not to mention a domestic-abuse bust of her WSVN-Fox 7 reporter husband Derek just 48 hours later) apparently failed to move the Nielsen meter. Filling The Morning Show's 5-to-9 a.m. slot: reruns of an ancient Canadian teen soap called Edgemont, Cops, Springer-clone Steve Wilkos, and the mock-court proceedings of judges Mathis and Hatchett. What, no Everybody Loves Raymond? More detail from Herald Ace-ette Bridget Carey here.

UPDATE: While Tribune Broadcasting Co. was firing everybody at The Morning Show, it had these job openings posted on its website: "We’re recruiting a solid team of anti-establishment producer/editors, 'preditors,' to collaborate on a groundbreaking morning news/infotainment format unlike anything ever attempted on local TV." Except at our station in Fort Lauderdale, where we're about to fire everybody.

Ouch!

I don't know at what point she left WPBF 25 (West Palm Beach) to work for WSFL 39 (Fort Lauderdale). But channel 25 must have been saying WHEW! At least she wasn't working for us anymore when her DUI happened.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Here's Lisa Hayward on video, from a WPBF 2008 news report:

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Okay, one more, interviewing Eagles guitarist Don Felder:

Hayward's accent is very typical of women from the Orlando area and North Florida. South Florida where I'm from people talk with an accent more typical of the Northeastern U.S., and less like the South.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

From the first article in my opening post:

Quote:
In 2008, Derek [Hayward] came close to reporting his wife missing after a public appearance in West Palm Beach. She eventually turned up and told him she turned off her cell phone so she could interview Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil in his room at The Breakers in Palm Beach. The rocker was in town to celebrate the opening on his bar on West Palm Beach’s Clematis district, Dr. Feelgoods.

And the interview in question:

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
"interview."

Right.

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Online Cool
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
IN THE BUTT!

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
"interview."

Right.

Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
IN THE BUTT!

I had thoughts along the same lines. Her husband is trying to call her, and she shut off her phone for several hours. While she's in a guy's hotel room.

Hmmm...

I'm sure it occurred to Derek Hayward too.

You have to admit though, she's gorgeous. It's actually her voice that turns me on the most.
Although these videos are from 6 years ago. She might weigh 300 pounds now.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Another news clip of Lisa Hayward getting very close and flirtatious with a professional dancer:

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I recently came across this article:

http://randompixels.blogspot.com/2010/08/life-imitates-6-oclock-news.html

I wonder if other areas have as many reporters up on charges as South Florida does.

I was amused at the writer's contempt for Channel 7 News (WSVN, Fort Lauderdale). It's regarded as the most cynical station, with a well-earned reputation for cheap sensationalism.
Most of South Florida share's the article writer's contempt for the reporters of Channel 7. Probably the one of them everyone here has heard of was Rick Sanchez, who had a show on CNN for a while before he was fired for an anti-Semitic remark.
Unfortunately, Channel 7 wasn't the end of Rick Sanchez, and he went on to CNN.

Back during the period after Hurricane Andrew hit Miami in August 1991, there was a fundraising concert where several local broadcast anchors, including a number of local weathermen, walked on stage and were cheered. Rick Sanchez during the event walked on stage and was booed offstage!

Link Copied to Clipboard