#1213658 2014-08-12 1:03 AM
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Online Cool
brother from another mother
15000+ posts

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-...-231414092.html

Quote:

Robin Williams, the manic comic who morphed from TV's Mork from Ork to Oscar-winning glory, is dead of an apparent suicide. He was 63.

Emergency personnel were called to Williams's home in Tiburon, California, at 11:55 a.m. local time, per the Marin County Sheriff's Office.

Williams was found unconscious and pronounced dead at the scene. Authorities are investigating the death, and an autopsy is forthcoming, but initial evidence points to "a suicide due to asphyxia," according to Marin Sheriff's Lt. Keith Boyle.

In a brief statement, publicist Mara Buxbaum said Williams had been "battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time."

That's a shame. The man had talent.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Damn This one is hard to process. He hasn't been on top of his game for a long time but back when I was a kid he was the funniest motherfucker alive.

Nanoo nanoo,

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
There's bitter irony in the fact that one of the funniest comedians, with a new wife, and plenty of acclaim and film projects in the works, chose to commit suicide.

Back in 2010, I got a new DVD/VHS recorder, and in transferring a lot of my old VHS favorites to DVD, at the end of one tape I found I had Williams' first appearance as Mork in the Happy Days episode, along with the first two episodes of Mork & Mindy.

My favorite Robin Williams movie is still The World According to Garp. For me this movie was the perfect blend of comedy and drama, and showed off Williams' range as an actor.

I was a bit prepared for Williams' unexpected suicide by previous sad deaths, such as Boston lead singer Brad Delp, and Phil Hartman's violent death, both of which were very disturbing to me, and stayed in my head a long time. Still, it's sad to see a one of a kind talent and humanitarian like Williams die, who gave us so much laughter, and who still had so much to live for.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Williams

Just in case you haven't seen enough in the non-stop All-Robin-Williams-to-the-near-exclusion-of-all-other-news coverage of his death.
Not quite as exploitative as, say, the death of Michael Jackson that got about two solid weeks of coverage, but still.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Wow, this I didn't know:

Quote:
At one point, he was in the running to play the Riddler in Batman Forever until director Tim Burton dropped the project. Earlier, Williams had been a strong contender to play the Joker in Batman. He had expressed interest in assuming the role in The Dark Knight, the sequel to 2005's Batman Begins,[36] although the part of the Joker was played by Heath Ledger, who won, posthumously, the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor.[37]

Link Copied to Clipboard