Print Thread
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Online Cool
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
http://www.newsarama.com/23276-the-marvel-universe-is-ending.html

Quote:

The Marvel Universe, as we have known it since 1961, is ending.

Yes, you read that right.

During a live "Secret Wars Kick-Off" press event at New York City's Midtown Comics, Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso and Senior Vice President of Publishing and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort confirmed that the eight-issue series Secret Wars will represent the end of both the Marvel Universe and the Ultimate Universe.

Saying that the mainstream Marvel Universe and Ultimate Universe would "smash together" during the upcoming Secret Wars crossover event, Alonso and Brevoort went on to elaborate that, by the time Secret Wars #1 hits the stands in May, every world in Marvel's multiverse will be destroyed, with pieces of each forming Battleworld, the staging ground for the Secret Wars storyline

"Once we hit Secret Wars #1, there is no Marvel Universe, Ultimate Universe, or any other. It's all Battleworld," Brevoort said.

Speculation regarding the end of the Ultimate Universe has been rampant, as fans have known for some time that, as of February, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man will be the sole remaining title in the Ultimate line. What has been less clear is the future of the mainstream Marvel Universe moving out of Secret Wars.

We now know that the Marvel Universe, post-Secret Wars, will be an all new world combining elements not just of the Ultimate Universe and the mainstream Marvel Universe, but possibly bits and pieces of other worlds as well under the moniker of "All-New Marvel."

"The Marvel Universe will be Battleworld, and every single piece of those worlds will be building blocks for the universe," said Alonso, adding that all the universes represented in "Battleworld" will have "legs" moving forward.

“…We are taking the best and biggest pieces of [Marvel history] and seeing how easily they coexist with one another,” Alonso said in answer to a press question about this being a 'reboot.' “We don't expect all our moves to make everyone happy, but we think it will make for a really fascinating read through Secret Wars and beyond.”

Driving home the point that anything will be possible, Alonso also teased the possibility of bring back old characters during Secret Wars. "If we wanted to resurrect Gwen Stacy," he said with a smile, "this would be the place to do it."

While Marvel already teased earlier this month that the company would launch The All-New, All-Different Avengers , after having confirmed Avengers and New Avengers would end in April, Alonso confirmed that Marvel would be launching a "wealth" of new series, both ongoing and minis, during Secret Wars.

When asked what would happening to the existing ongoing series, Brevoort told press that “most” current creators will continue to work with their characters, but not necessarily in “the same book.”

“Every creative team has known this was coming. We've had a line of demarcation in the sand. Get your most immediate business done by this point because we're going into Secret Wars and it's going to have an impact on everything,” Brevoort said.

“Most of those creators are working on books during Secret Wars. They may not be exactly the same book,” Marvel’s Executive Editor continued. “There may not be a Guardians of the Galaxy book but there's probably going to be something that involves some bit of that business, or stuff that may be done in Guardians in the future. Everything is going to kind of change and shift as we go. We're not entirely ready yet to map it all out for you."

The events of Secret Wars represent what Brevoort described as "the culmination of Jonathan Hickman's plans from when he first came onto Avengers and New Avengers."

Brevoort added that Marvel's Free Comic Book Day issue, Secret Wars #0 written by Hickman, will bring readers "up to speed" for the event before it begins in may with Secret Wars #1 and an oversized issue #2.

This could be fun!

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
It's a good thing they're consolidating the universes now. That parallel universe thing made a mess out of DC's titles and it made Marvel's even worse.

The Ultimates, though. I liked it when it originally launched. Being grounded more on realism (less powerful/invincible heroes, for instance) allowed for fresh new takes on established franchises, but it eventually turned into just another version of their mainstream universe. By the time the mainstream Galactus visited their world, there really wasn't anything that sets it apart from earth 616.

They should also stop trying to tie different lines with each other. The Ultimate line could have worked out well on its own.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Makes sense for a reboot. Marvels been around about 55 years. DC did Crisis at approximately the same point

Last edited by the G-man; 2015-01-21 10:36 PM. Reason: Damn you AutoCorrect
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
Did did Crisis at approximately the same point

The old man's stuttering. I think he's having a stroke.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Marvel consolidates their universes, and of course all you will end up with is the same post crisis/new 52 whining from fanboys, yet still keep buying all the issues.
No matter how good or bad it is, you will still not please fanboys (or stuttering old me).

Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
The Beyonder farted again, eh?

Guess we shall see how it pans out. I have a lot of trust in Bendis and don't tink he would willingly cock up the work he has put into X-men and Avengers.

Google Stan Lee's reaction to this. He poorly masks the fact he thinks it is a crap idea to undo his work. Funny.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Seems like a lot of trouble to erase white Nick Fury.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
they are committed to their white racism.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk
Seems like a lot of trouble to erase white Nick Fury.

I was thinking it was a plot to get Miles Morales into 616.

Pimping my site, again.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Either way, the ultimate goal is the Blackization of America.

I truly am saddened about the state of comic books today. I have several black friends, why, I even dated a black woman once: two black women. At the same time. Why, I even dated four black women at the same time, plus an Iranian sword-eater, but with this Florida weather, I had to tell them to please go away because it was too hot in the house for fifteen people. So I have nothing, personally, against black people, but why must they appear in my comics at all? What is happening to the white comics race? I read a YouTube video that by 2012, 900 percent of American comics will be black or at the very least well tanned. Unacceptable. It should be mostly white, with the forty five minority people left behaving themselves. I dated all of them.

I think JANOPLY ONTO EXCITEMENT #155 (February-June 1972) is certainly one of Jack Kirby's finest works, and I own several original art pages which I've had my five hundred and forty seven indigenous Ecuadorian girlfriends, sixty of which I almost married, polish repeatedly because they are very dear to me, but it was a step back in the racial purity of comics for Kirby to introduce Fronkanope Jefferson into the series, the mulatto sidekick of the protagonist. Why couldn't he be all white? That, in my opinion started the sad decline of comicdoom into Marxism and Blackulalization.

As part of broadcast law, the term is also used in broadcasting, where individual radio and television stations typically must apply for and receive permission to construct radio towers and radio antennas. This type of construction permit is issued by a national broadcasting authority, but does not imply zoning any other permission that must be given by local government. The permit itself also does not necessarily imply permission to actually operate the station once constructed. This is provided by a separate broadcasting licence, also called a "license to cover" by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the United States. Further permission or registration for towers may be needed from aviation authorities.

In the U.S., construction permits for commercial stations are now assigned by auction, rather than the former process of determining who would actually serve the community of license best. No one reads this far into my posts. If the given frequency allocation is sought by at least one non-commercial educational (NCE) applicant, or is on an NCE-reserved TV channel or in the FM reserved band, the comparative process still takes place, though the FCC refuses to consider which radio format the applicants propose.

In Canada, the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission maintains a comparative process in issuing permits, ensuring that a variety of programming is available in each area, and that as many groups as possible have access to free speech over radio waves.

See also

List of Economic Reports by US Government Agencies

Categories:

Construction terminology
Building
Economic indicators
Broadcast law
Construction law

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
\:lol\: I think Mxy's cracked writer and frank burns personalities just collided and exploded their spunk onto the internets

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
So I'm catching up on the All-New X-Men issues from early last year and on the one where the Watcher watches old Beast sleeping, he says that bringing the original X-Men to the present messed everything up and now the universe will have to reboot. Not even a spoiler warning.

There's also young Beast's blackboard trying to figure out Marvel continuity: the joke is that he can't, but if you look at the blackboard, the original X-Men's names are circled. So what Beast can't figure out is how the Marvel U can exist if the original X-Men didn't grow up to appear in all those crossovers (it can't). No idea if this explicitly stated later on, I just thought it was cool.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Alt universe explanation, I say. In some alternate universe, there are no X-men and the entire planet has been taken over by the Brood, or is a Shi'ar sewer, or is run by the Hellfire Club. Or something.

That blackboard makes me laugh. Bendis is saying that if the Beast doesn't get it, no reader will. Later, Beast is driven mad and he's still scratching away on the blackboard. Seems to me that Bendis is saying that the plot will inevitably drive you insane.

Pimping my site, again.

Link Copied to Clipboard