#1217621 2015-03-25 8:18 PM
Pariah Offline OP
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
Cornell Official Open to Creation of ISIS Group on Campus

• A top administrator at Cornell University has said that the institution would be open to the creation of a group supporting the Islamic State (ISIS) and to hosting a training camp for militants on campus.

Project Veritas sent an undercover reporter posing as a Moroccan student to question Cornell's assistant dean for students, Joseph Scaffido.

He also appeared to agree with the suggestion of allowing the group to provide material support for the militant group in the form of "care packages, whether it be food, water, electronics."

When asked whether the group could also support Hamas, Scaffido said it would not be a problem either.

"The university is not going to look at different groups and say, 'you're not allowed to support that group because we don't believe them' or something like that. I think it's just the opposite. I think the university wants the entire community to understand what's going on in all parts of the world," Scaffido said.

The State Department includes both ISIS and Hamas on its list of terrorist organizations.

When questioned about Scaffido's comments, Cornell issued a statement to the New York Post: "Cornell fully supports the free exchange of ideas and does not review or control the political ideology of our students. We do not, of course, tolerate unlawful advocacy of violence, and the comment about training by ISIS freedom fighters does not reflect university policy," said Joel Malina, Cornell's vice president for university relations.

Sooooo....G-man. What exactly are your thoughts on ISIS?

Pariah #1217622 2015-03-25 10:44 PM
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
What the fuck?

I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
Oh thank Gob. I thought this was about Chris Cornell...

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
It is James O`Keefe and some low level university admin that probably should not have the word Dean anywhere in his title. Color me yawning.

Props to him for booking Modest Mouse for the kiddies next month, though.

iggy #1217632 2015-03-26 2:59 AM
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
They'll all float on okay.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
Sooooo....G-man. What exactly are your thoughts on ISIS?

Back in the 70s she was really hot. Not as hot as Lynda Carter, but definitely in my top five.

Oh, you mean the terrorist group that's welcome at Cornell.

My first two impressions when I read the original article were: (1) This guy is going to be the center of a major shitstorm; (2) I’m not sure he understood what he had just done, and probably didn’t know that the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria was the full name of ISIS,...or what Hamas was.

Of course, Hamas is also a known terrorist group, officially recognized as such by the US government. One would think even a fake dean would have caught THAT reference.

That being said, I feel sort of sorry for the dean. I have little doubt that the guy was following orders from higher-ups that, when a "disadvantaged student of color" comes in and asks about sponsoring an event, the dean here is supposed to mollify the student, pass it up the ladder and not, in any way, give the impression that Cornell might be hostile to whatever third world victimization group the student might be following. After all, god forbid the university get accused of creating a "trigger event" or "micro aggression" by not catering to the kids' sense of entitlement through victimization.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Given the already well-established high ratio (and vindictive biases) of liberal professors on college campuses...

...I'm not surprised.
These are campuses that have more shared sentiment with William Ayers and Ward Churchill and Elizabeth Warren than with any patriotic American.

Their propensity for hiring former cop killers and Weather Underground members continues to amaze me.

Ayers in particular is a leader in advancing the radical Left's goal to indoctrinate students at the youngest age possible:
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualprofile.asp?indid=2169

And he has plenty of eager help from radical teachers in schools and colleges nationwide.

Link Copied to Clipboard