Next Thread
Print Thread
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
West, Ward To Reprise Batman & Robin Roles In 50th Anniversary Film
  • The former dynamic duo revealed during the Mad Monster Party horror convention in Charlotte, North Carolina that they will be involved in a new animated Batman feature film created to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the iconic "Batman '66" TV show.

"I don't know, our agents are here, whether we can about the new Batman movie," said Ward during the Batman panel before being interrupted by West.

"Yes we can," interjected West. "I tell them what to do."

Ward continued, telling the audience that they can "look forward to a new animated Batman full-length 90-minute feature coming out on the 50th anniversary -- one of possibly two, but for sure one that Adam and I are going to be doing the voices for."

The news comes after a resurgence in interest in the classic series, which has included the release of "Batman '66" on Blu-ray, a new digital-first comic series from DC Comics, and the introduction of a line of action figures. No further details have been revealed about the upcoming animated feature.

Get Jeff Parker and/or Mike Allred on this and it could be truly awesome.

And they damn well better use the theme song.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

That's... fantastic!

I was thinking before I read your post that though these guys (West and Ward) are way up there in the years, they could still voice-over a movie and be as young as ever through animation. And that's exactly what they're doing!

I hope (unlike the new Star Trek movies with younger actors for Kirk and Spock) that the Batman movie does a better job of capturing the conventions of the 60's series, such as with musical scoring and costumes, in a way that the Trek movies have not. Uhura in the two new movies is too ghetto/hip-hop for my taste. I felt with more consistent musical scoring and costumes, the Trek movies could have easily kept a greater consistency with the original series, while still being thoroughly contemporary in many other ways.

Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
WEST, WARD & NEWMAR RETURN IN ALL-NEW ANIMATED BATMAN FILM: The Bat is back! Adam West's Batman, that is, and he won't be without Robin, his boy wonder. Entertainment Weekly released a trailer for "Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders," an animated film that boasts the voice talent of West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar. "Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders" releases on Digital HD on October 11 and Blu-Ray on November 1.

Link Copied to Clipboard