Print Thread
#1219554 2015-11-01 2:47 AM
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Happy Halloween,girls!

We only had about five trick or treaters. The rest of the family went out while my oldest boy and I and I stayed home and binged watched South Park. Now everyone is here and we are playing Mexican Train. I am about to win.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
In my family when you win at Mexican Train you have to climb the border wall and run like hell for Dallas or Los Angeles dodging Donald Trump all the way.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
We went to a hockey game. The last few years,trick-or-treaters have dwindled to like 20 minutes of kids and then nothing.

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
allan1 #1219564 2015-11-03 2:19 PM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I usually go all-out decorating for Halloween, and enjoy handing out candy to the kids. Last year I visited and helped my mom out for Halloween for the first time in many years, decorating her house and then helping her out with candy and the trick-or-treaters. I bought a lot of candy in anticipation, and was surprised how few showed, maybe 20 or 30 groups knocking at the door over the course of the evening. It was fun, one little kid was scared of the cobwebs and graveyard I had outside, and said "Your house is scary" as I handed him his candy, with his parents standing a few yards away. I smiled and said, "Well, it's supposed to be, that's what makes it fun!"

I live in a condo, so we have zero trick or treaters here. I think the tradition is still fairly strong in residential middle class home neighborhoods.

This year I had a quiet Halloween evening at my girlfriend's condo. We watched "The Abominable Dr. Phibes" on Comcast's "On Demand" free movies, and enjoyed a few shots of Bailey's.

Link Copied to Clipboard