Next Thread
Print Thread
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Beautiful!

Just when you thought globalism was inevitable...

Germany fears Brexit could trigger domino effect, leading other nations to exit EU

Quote:
As the European Union's founding nations rushed to an emergency meeting Saturday to consider their future, German Chancellor Angela Merkel's government reportedly fears the United Kingdom could be just the first of several nations to pull out of the alliance.

A German government-run newspaper pleaded for the EU not to sever ties completely with Britain -- otherwise France, the Netherlands, Hungary, Austria and Finland could lose any incentive to stay. The paper, Die Welt, called for keeping the UK an "associated partner country."

Nigel Farage, leader of the UK Independence Party, celebrated the Brexit vote results, describing the EU as "doomed" and "dying." Far-right leaders in France and the Netherlands called for their own referendums on staying in the EU, Sky News reported.

Foreign ministers of Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg met in Berlin on Saturday and said in a statement that they wanted Britain to quickly invoke the article in the EU charter allowing it to start negotiations on departure.

Regarding the other members, they said "We have to find better ways of dealing with these different levels" of commitment to closer European unity. Founding nations want to increase political and economic cooperation but some newer nations are wary of giving up more sovereignty.

"We are aware that discontent with the functioning of the EU as it is today is manifest in parts of our societies. We take this very seriously and are determined to make the EU work better for all our citizens," it said.

An online petition seeking a second Brexit referendum drew more than 1 million names, a measure of the extraordinary divisiveness of Thursday's vote to leave the 28-nation bloc. The online petition site hosted by the House of Commons website crashed Friday under the weight of the activity as officials said they'd seen unprecedented interest in the measure.

Scotland planned to launch immediate talks with European Union nations and institutions to find a way to remain in the bloc despite Britain's vote to leave, Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon said. She added that a new referendum on Scottish independence from the United Kingdom was "very much on the table."

"Brussels must hear the voice of the people, this is the biggest lesson from this decision," Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban reacted. Danish Prime Minister Lars Loekke Rasmussen said Britain's exit "will echo for years to come and change the Europe as we know it."

Merkel said it "shouldn't take forever" for Britain to deliver formal notification that it wants to leave the European Union but made clear that the matter was in London's hands.

Merkel said Saturday at a news conference in Potsdam, outside Berlin: "To be honest, it shouldn't take forever, that's right -- but I would not fight over a short period of time."

The German leader said she was seeking an "objective, good" climate in talks on Britain's exit. Merkel said that there is "no need to be particularly nasty in any way in the negotiations; they must be conducted properly."

France's foreign minister said he was hoping Britain would name a new prime minister in the coming days to speed up its departure.

That timeframe is highly unrealistic given the political turmoil in Britain. Instead it is likely to take months to name a replacement to Prime Minister David Cameron, who is resigning and wants his successor to handle the departure negotiations.

French Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault said Saturday "they must designate a new prime minister, which would certainly require several days."

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

A link to Pariah's topic, where he laid out the fundamentals of the issue, before the U.K vote went down:

Did Nowhereman register to vote yet topic

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I also love the boost this has given to Trump, whose nationalism in the U.S. taps into the same resurgent nationalism that is occurring in the U.K.

Many news stories I've seen, and pundits commenting, have termed it "Trumpism", as a synonymous term for rising nationalism of countries throughout the E.U., who want to break free of E.U. globalism, and of being inundated by third-world immigrants who are vastly changing their countries out from under them.

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
It's been a long day without EU, my friend
And I'll tell EU all about it when I see EU again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell EU all about it when I see you again
When I see EU again
(Hey)

[Wiz Khalifa:]
Damn, who knew?
All the planes we flew
Good things we've been through
That I'll be standing right here talking to EU
'Bout another path
I know we loved to hit the road and laugh
But something told me that it wouldn't last
Had to switch up
Look at things different, see the bigger picture
Those were the days
Hard work forever pays
Now I see EU in a better place (see you in a better place)

EU
How can we not talk about family when family's all that we got?
Everything I went through EU were standing there by my side
And now you gon' be with me for the last ride

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Listening to all of those platitudes and that affirmative language about "staying united" and "coming together" is so obviously a second vie for lulling the populace into the same sleep that put Britain (and the US) in chains in the first place; might as well be Crooked Hillary speaking over there. Clearly, being united is the last thing people want since the country firmly established that they're done with tolerating either one trying to consolidate and homogenize the other. The real question to be asked is which paradigm has more right to demand cultural conformity from the opposing party. Labour, SNP, et al wants everyone to "unite" so that the more aggressive leftist culture will threaten and coerce the traditional Brits into doing as they're told. In contrast, the traditional and ethnic British just want the intruders and the cucks to stay the fuck away from them so they can live in peace.

And then hearing those two Labour cunts talk about not wanting to seem decadent in the eyes of the people and claiming that Corbyn was with the lower class every step of the campaign made me mad at the UKIP rep for not saying anything. It had already been established by the vote itself that the working class is not on their side–and neither are they with them. They have no ground by which to argue such bullshit.

And–of course–ALL of them have to virtue-signal about not being associated with, or being "repelled" by, UKIP like absolute cucks.

Early in the twentieth century, these faggots came to power by pushing the oppressor binary and assigning a grand narrative of subversion to the so-called "have nots". For a hundred years, it was all about taking ill gotten power from the high brow, overfed tyrants characterized by the moderate to right wing establishments. Needless to say, it has worked. But now that the same Critical Theorists who pushed that narrative have siphoned the power and resources from the previous establishment to the extent that they are now the elite, there's less concern with the same "oppression"lip-service that put them in positions of authority and influence. As time has gone on, they've managed to flip the binary so that the working class are no longer the oppressed, but rather the unenlightened, uneducated, and intellectually unworthy masses, whereas the limousine leftists are enlightened, educated, and more fit to rule over what they view to be the unwashed and unruly folk. But despite this deconstructionist 180, they still get away with it–as usual.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Salt.

Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
One of the silliest things ever. Little wonder so many voters now have vendor's remorse. If they do a deal like Norway's they'll need to allow freedom of movement of labour, which Brexit campaigners wanted to get rid of. The EU will do no Swiss-type deal. The pound has collapsed. Big businesses are talking about moving to Frankfurt or Dublin.

But England is no longer part of the political union that has brought peace for 60 years to the most war-torn continent on the planet! Huzzah!

Except of course Scotland will now become its own country, which is kind of cool.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

As much as I love the idea of the U.K. breaking away from the E..U. and regaining its sovereign identity, I suspect that the globalist/E.U. forces will wear them down and drag them back in at some point. One way to do that is by having Scotland and Ireland remain in the E.U. and continue third-world immigration on England's borders, so that England will be inundated and lose its identity to further immigrant waves regardless.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Theresa May is, herself, a plant. She will drag on the process for as long as possible until it gets to a point where she can say, "Well it's been so long since the referendum, we can't possibly consider it now at this stage."

Leadsom and Gove were scared out of the running by Soros and friends (Aussie Dave's buddies). And that's exactly why so many Tories are now breaking away and joining UKIP right now. With luck, enough of them will do so to split the vote dramatically.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Why do you support Brexit?

You guys have a weird attitude to this, last manifested when you all lorded over the failure of the European Union to agree on a constitution. Why wouldn't you want a safe, stable, very large, major ally and economic trading partner in Europe?

A friend in Austin said that upon Brexit, secessionists in Texas started talking about "Texit". Does your attitude change if this was an American state removing itself from the Union?

Pimping my site, again.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Because we've lived in a federalist hell for over two hundred years. It's not safe. It's not stable. It's just big, and filled with corruption that consolidates power out of the hands of the people to whom it's supposed to serve. And that's exactly what's happening with the EU. I have no desire to see European countries die in the pursuit of a superstate that seeks to kill off all of the preexisting cultures that are beholden to it.

What's worse is that the Transatlantic Trade Partnership seeks to combine both the EU super-state's interest with the USA's, and thus create an even larger bureaucratic, oligarchic nightmare. I want all nations to be nations and all states to be states. Else they'll simply be thralls.

You misunderstand the situation here, Dave. American's don't actually like being "united". It's just what the people know, and are therefore forced to accept. A better word for the USA's consolidation of states--which are supposed to be sovereign under the compact--is "bondage".

Federalism is exactly the reason that California has turned into a total shitshow. Because it can rely on money flowing in from every other state in the union through the federal authority, it doesn't feel the need to enact fiscal responsibility or fix any of its problems without demanding handouts and/or higher taxation. You can be assured that other states are no different.

This shit sucks.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
To clarify when Pariah says "we" he actually isn't speaking for most of us.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man

So you believe that if it were put up to a democratic vote, then federalism would beat out secessionist statism?

There's no doubt in my mind that states like Minnesota, Seattle, or New York would vote in. But you're drastically overestimating the pro-union attitudes of the people as a whole. At this point, even the leftists in California want to succeed.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Yeah I think you are way out there with that opinion. I would guess even the ones here that are inclined to loathe agreeing with me here on the rkmb's would agree with me here. I would add it's very interesting that somebody who works for the government has your feelings. The government teate is firmly in your mouth by your own choosing. That doesn't really make sense does it?

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Hang on. Pariah, you're a secessionist?

Or are you just small government?

I have no issue at all with either, incidentally. Culture groups who want command their own destiny (Scotland, Catalonia, Andalusia, Texas) is a concept that sits well with me. Small government is generally good too.

But for the UK it makes little economic sense because without being in the club in Europe, you're fucked. It was a case of Little Britain-ers saying, "We hate foreigners!" and then afterwards saying, "Oh shit, we cocked that up". Cornwall is a classic example. Huge recipient of economic support from the EU. They voted in favour of Brexit because they're chavs and country bumpkins whose main non-Anglo cultural experience is eating curry. Now they are all shitting themselves as to when the money is going to run out.

I heard a story, perhaps apocryphal, that a taxi driver carting a Sikh doctor to a hospital asked what the doctor was still doing in England since "we voted all you lot out". Shit-for-brains driving his cab thought it was a vote for ethnic cleansing.

Pimping my site, again.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Yeah I think you are way out there with that opinion. I would guess even the ones here that are inclined to loathe agreeing with me here on the rkmb's would agree with me here. I would add it's very interesting that somebody who works for the government has your feelings. The government teate is firmly in your mouth by your own choosing. That doesn't really make sense does it?

How often have you left Minnesota? Talked to other US cultures?

There are fifty states in this country. An among those states, over 150 cultures.

One hundred and fucking fifty cultures being homogenized by a centralized government run by a scant few people, and you think people are generally happy with that? Even in the liberal states that I've been to, I've met more than a few people who love to operate independent of the federal arm.

Originally Posted By: First Amongst Daves
Hang on. Pariah, you're a secessionist?

Or are you just small government?

I've always been small government--in theory. But at this point, with all the history under our collective belts, I'm convinced that no government based in a heterogeneous society would ever remain small, and therefore government is the principle issue.

And so, my official stance is balls out AnCap.

Yes, I do believe that all fifty states should become independent, and what's more states should be broken down into smaller parts to best represent their individual cultures. California alone has no less that eight different cultures divided among forty million people, and all of the decisions that are made for them originate from only a handful of people in the legislature that have outside interests tangent to those of actual Californians.

A ballot measure was proposed that would break it up into six different states, but the left kept it as quiet as possible so it wouldn't get the signatures required to put it up for a vote.

Quote:
But for the UK it makes little economic sense because without being in the club in Europe, you're fucked. It was a case of Little Britain-ers saying, "We hate foreigners!" and then afterwards saying, "Oh shit, we cocked that up". Cornwall is a classic example. Huge recipient of economic support from the EU. They voted in favour of Brexit because they're chavs and country bumpkins whose main non-Anglo cultural experience is eating curry. Now they are all shitting themselves as to when the money is going to run out.

I heard a story, perhaps apocryphal, that a taxi driver carting a Sikh doctor to a hospital asked what the doctor was still doing in England since "we voted all you lot out". Shit-for-brains driving his cab thought it was a vote for ethnic cleansing.

Whether or not they voted to kick out minorities is their business. I'm not gonna judge how they want their country and culture maintained.

Economically speaking, however, the only reason that any trouble would come to Britain upon exit is due to any dependencies foisted upon them by continued association with the EU in the first place. Why should Brits be coerced into staying with the organization that caused the issue? That's demagoguery, plain and simple.

Even so, people are overstating economic difficulties as far as Brexit is concerned. Remainians were scaremongering about the pound plummeting far lower than it did and not recovering for decades. That turned out to be BS.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

Yes, this. I live in a state that has a history of secession. Even though there are people who talk about doing it again, they are very few and would most likely pass on the chance to do so.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
We're not talking about war, mind you. We're talking democratic votes. Opinions (votes) are more easily offered up and readily available than guns or bullets.

No one, not even most Brexiteers, thought that Brexit would win. But as it turns out, even the mere opportunity for the people to tell the EU (in the form of ballots) that it's a total cunt was enough to make it happen. Do you think the US Federal Government is somehow more beloved than the EU, by chance?

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
We're not talking about war, mind you. We're talking democratic votes. Opinions (votes) are more easily offered up and readily available than guns or bullets.

Who's talking about war? The history of secession that I described was done without war. War came later as a consequence. I still say that a lot of people talk a big game about secession. When they start to think about the actual repercussions of it, they won't go through with it. It's a lot like one of your friends (please imagine for just a moment that you have some) talking shit in a bar about how he'd totally fuck up that guy across the room who bumped into him earlier. When that other dude walks by again, it's all "Sorry. Didn't mean to get in your way."

No one, not even most Brexiteers, thought that Brexit would win. But as it turns out, even the mere opportunity for the people to tell the EU (in the form of ballots) that it's a total cunt was enough to make it happen. Do you think the US Federal Government is somehow more beloved than the EU, by chance?

I do believe that there is a greater sense of national pride in America than Britain had of European pride. As much of a 'we hate Yankees' and 'the South shall rise again' attitude that you see here in the South, those same people consider themselves Americans first. There's a reason why most military recruits are from Southern states and rural areas.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
When they start to think about the actual repercussions of it, they won't go through with it. It's a lot like one of your friends (please imagine for just a moment that you have some) talking shit in a bar about how he'd totally fuck up that guy across the room who bumped into him earlier. When that other dude walks by again, it's all "Sorry. Didn't mean to get in your way."

With all due reverence, this is double-speak. 'People are saying that they want it, and so it's not going to happen'.

And you and I probably have different caliber friends. You hang out at the bar. We hang out at the range (although, they do try to drag me to the bar sometimes).

Quote:
I do believe that there is a greater sense of national pride in America than Britain had of European pride.

If you'll lend me your candor for a moment: even though you can obviously make this statement in hindsight now that the British people have already voted out, can you honestly say that your perception of the British people was such that you knew an "Out" turnout was going to take place?

I'm not sure I could truly take you seriously if you said "yes" seeing as how not even the British themselves generally believed the vote would succeed. Furthermore, the Scottish have their own brand of patriotism that bucks southern Britain in almost every way, and yet they were almost united in the desire to stay within the EU, so you're reasoning confounds me somewhat.

Quote:
As much of a 'we hate Yankees' and 'the South shall rise again' attitude that you see here in the South, those same people consider themselves Americans first. There's a reason why most military recruits are from Southern states and rural areas.

Of course, I've met a great deal of Southern citizens in the military. With some exceptions, they've largely echoed my feelings. And I've chosen to believe their own words. The fact that they join a military that's subject to a group of federally controlled states doesn't really contradict any feelings of state independence, however. You forget that the Revolutionary War era's Continental Military wasn't funded or regulated by a centralized arm. The colonies provided funding and motivated soldiers for the war effort individually without any congressional or presidential fiats.

You can certainly reason that the people--soldier and civilian alike--are oriented toward a union based on 150 years of precedent, but you can't necessarily say that it's something they'd choose to maintain as a matter of patriotism--or even something that they're truly comfortable with in the face of alternative enterprises. For instance, it is not at all difficult to consider fifty independent states with a series of free movement and free trade agreements, and an accompanying Continental military.

As time goes on, and Obama and friends use the government powers to force states to house aliens in the same way that the EU is forcing its prospective "United States" to accept a deluge of people from strange and hostile cultures, people are only going to get more pissed off and disillusioned with the current legal format that so happens to leave them so vulnerable. Idaho and Minnesota are already feeling the rapefugee blues just as Germany, Sweden, Britain, et al have felt for some time now. Expect attitudes to change even more as shit gets worse.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts

I think it's far more telling that you cant tell the difference between a job and being "at the teat."

I guess you also think being on welfare is an "occupation."

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I'm not surprised you don't want to touch your fellow Trump supporter's want to have this country break apart. When I posted " ...somebody who works for the government..." might give a normal person a clue that I think it's indeed work. I suspect like other military people I know the government plays a big role in Pariah's life than a private sector life would. Maybe it's time to stop speaking for others and achieve a more personal break with the government he clearly doesn't like?

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
It is a very radical thing to espouse a dissolution of the Union.

Any other conservatives out there in RKMB land in support of this? G-man, you're a little bit quiet on this.

My vague recollection is that there is no legal way to leave the Union, which provided constitutional justification for the United States through armed force bringing the Confederate States back into the republic.

I'm not sure I agree or disagree with the concept although I note that it practically seems far-fetched.

Pimping my site, again.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Under the Compact, every state in the union is acknowledged as being sovereign. Bearing this fact in mind, there were no constrictions or affirmations with regards to states leaving the union since that would have been redundant vis-a-vis state sovereignty. In fact, an amendment was proposed in 1861 that would have required any state desiring to leave the union to have the approval of 3/4 of the states prior to seceding. As such, if secession was so obviously prohibited, no such amendment would have been necessary.

Lincoln was unwilling to address the matter of succession since it would mean conceding to the Southern states' the lawful basis for their desire to leave. As such, he was always diligent to refer to them as "insurrectionists" rather than "secessionists". He used the Battle of Fort Sumter to reinforce their narrative and press his already advantageous position for churning out propaganda. And that is what has afforded his war such positive press in the eyes of history, essentially making people think that his victory over the South qualifies as legal vindication for his reasoning simply because the North won the war.

Last edited by Pariah; 2016-07-15 9:01 AM.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I missed this...

I'm not surprised you don't want to touch your fellow Trump supporter's want to have this country break apart. When I posted " ...somebody who works for the government..." might give a normal person a clue that I think it's indeed work. I suspect like other military people I know the government plays a big role in Pariah's life than a private sector life would. Maybe it's time to stop speaking for others and achieve a more personal break with the government he clearly doesn't like?

Take a moment to read up on the Soldier's Creed. Look for the phrase "Government", and do tell me when you find it.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
With all due reverence, this is double-speak. 'People are saying that they want it, and so it's not going to happen'.

No, it's me pointing out that people talk shit all the time; but when it comes to the nut cutting, they're nowhere to be found. People like the idea of something more than they like the reality of it. It's easy to talk big when you know that nothing's going to come from it.

And you and I probably have different caliber friends. You hang out at the bar. We hang out at the range (although, they do try to drag me to the bar sometimes).

I'd say the caliber is about the same, though I probably have a broader scope of friends ideologically since I know a lot of people from across the political spectrum (from far left to extreme right).

Quote:
I do believe that there is a greater sense of national pride in America than Britain had of European pride.

If you'll lend me your candor for a moment: even though you can obviously make this statement in hindsight now that the British people have already voted out, can you honestly say that your perception of the British people was such that you knew an "Out" turnout was going to take place?

I would never say 100% one way or the other. The chance of them staying was just as likely in my mind as of them leaving. What I do know of British (and more specifically English) culture is that they tend to look at themselves outside the EU and the rest of Europe at large. They've fought off the idea of adopting the Euro. Old English comedy is also full of demeaning stereotypes to anything not English (including the Scottish, Welsh, and Irish). London's always been a bit more international, but the rest of the country is pretty blue collar/conservative.

I'm not sure I could truly take you seriously if you said "yes" seeing as how not even the British themselves generally believed the vote would succeed. Furthermore, the Scottish have their own brand of patriotism that bucks southern Britain in almost every way, and yet they were almost united in the desire to stay within the EU, so you're reasoning confounds me somewhat.

The Scottish buck the English because they've maintained a sense of self long before there was an America. The reason they want to remain in the EU is probably the same reason they decided to stay connected to the UK government in their last referendum on independence. They see the economic benefits outweighing everything else. I don't see how you are confounded as it's exactly what I described. ie Talking a big game but not following through on it.

it is not at all difficult to consider fifty independent states with a series of free movement and free trade agreements, and an accompanying Continental military.

"Boo, the EU! Hey, guys, let's set up a system of independent states that use and EU style trade agreement."

As time goes on, and Obama and friends use the government powers to force states to house aliens in the same way that the EU is forcing its prospective "United States" to accept a deluge of people from strange and hostile cultures, people are only going to get more pissed off and disillusioned with the current legal format that so happens to leave them so vulnerable. Idaho and Minnesota are already feeling the rapefugee blues just as Germany, Sweden, Britain, et al have felt for some time now. Expect attitudes to change even more as shit gets worse.

I think people are more likely to push for politicians and laws that curb immigration (aka The Donald) than they are to support a fracturing of the federal government to promote 50 independent territories.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
No, it's me pointing out that people talk shit all the time; but when it comes to the nut cutting, they're nowhere to be found. People like the idea of something more than they like the reality of it. It's easy to talk big when you know that nothing's going to come from it.

Except all practical examples of your "Big Game" sentiment are working exactly in reverse of what you claim. I maintain that it is innocuous double-speak that cannot be truly tested without an actual vote or a war.

The South talked a big game about seceding. The states seceded in the 1850s.

England talked a big game about Brexit. They voted to leave.

Scotland talked a big game about defying their fellow Brits. They voted to stay.

Aside from your bar anecdotes, you're batting zero on this front.

Quote:
I would never say 100% one way or the other.

Does this reflect your attitude solely on Britain or with all countries?

Quote:
The Scottish buck the English because they've maintained a sense of self long before there was an America. The reason they want to remain in the EU is probably the same reason they decided to stay connected to the UK government in their last referendum on independence. They see the economic benefits outweighing everything else. I don't see how you are confounded as it's exactly what I described. ie Talking a big game but not following through on it.

This strikes me as a confused backpedal being marketed as common sense.

The Scots are no more familial with the EU than the English, and therefore they would vote for staying in the EU for the same patriotic mindset that drove the English away from it even though both parties involved were aware of the financial benefits/pitfalls of leaving/staying.....No. Your reasoning doesn't have any solid premises.

Quote:
"Boo, the EU! Hey, guys, let's set up a system of independent states that use and EU style trade agreement."

The EU is a centralized power and superstate prototype. They take money from all of the participating countries and redistribute it. Furthermore, their non-elected committee(s) have total control over who takes who in and how many regardless of the given country's feelings on the matter. With independence and sovereignty, every state would decide on its own where its money goes and who to take in from where. Your pretentious insinuation is bunk.

Quote:
I think people are more likely to push for politicians and laws that curb immigration (aka The Donald)

Uh huh, and that's what they've been doing. Now how well has that worked out? How well has that worked out for the fucking EU?

Obama is distributing migrants in the states against the people's representatives demand to stop (and they tend to roll over on those issues anyway) despite the culture that is clearly telling him that they don't want any of what his mentality is peddling. They are continually ignored. What kind of mindset do you that think that's going to create? How much faith do you honestly believe people have left in representative politics at this point? Why the fuck do you think Britain was pushed over the edge to leave in the first place?

Last edited by Pariah; 2016-07-16 8:10 AM.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Quote:

The Scots are no more familial with the EU than the English

Actually that isn't correct. Scotland has been a traditional ally of France for centuries. That comity continued after the British kingdoms were united. It is still called "Ye Auld Alliance" - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/s...politician.html

Pimping my site, again.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I think people are more likely to push for politicians and laws that curb immigration (aka The Donald) than they are to support a fracturing of the federal government to promote 50 independent territories.

The purpose of massive immigration, in nations throughout the Western world, is precisely to undermine nationalism and sovereignty, and make nations open to the globalism of elites who are orchestrating massive immigration.

Similar to Scotland, Quebec had a referendum to split with wider English-speaking Canada. Despite the strong nationalism and will for independence in Quebec, the referendum was defeated precisely because of massive immigration to Quebec.
The same will for independence exists in Scotland (largely because Scots feel their best interests are superseded by English dominance in the U.K., and a near-thousand years of historic opression of England over Scotland).

The 50 states in America have much more historic nationalism, and a shared English culture that the rest of the E.U. doesn't have with the U.K.

I agree that Obama and the Democrats are interested in crushing Republican stronghold states by smothering the will of the people in a sea of new immigrant voters who are natural-born Democrats, who are indifferent to U.S. nationalism or national interests. And basically vote for the party that offers them the most free stuff to buy their loyalty (i.e., the Democrats). Selling out the long-term security and nationalism of the United States, to achieve short-term support and Democrat victories in elections over the next 20 years or so. The same path as 4th-century Rome.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: First Amongst Daves
It is a very radical thing to espouse a dissolution of the Union.

Any other conservatives out there in RKMB land in support of this? G-man, you're a little bit quiet on this.

^crickets^

Pimping my site, again.

Link Copied to Clipboard