OP Offline
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts

HA HA! Love it!

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I enjoy trolling Clinton and her supporters as much as the next guy, but this was stupid. It completely knocked off the front page the story about the Beast palling around with the anti-gay dad of the Muslim who mass murdered all of MEMs fellow Hershey humpers.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

To a large extent I agree with G-man, that if Trump had been quiet, the story of the day would have been the Orlando, FL islamic shooter's dad attending Hillary's campaign rally.

But with the media who clearly despise Trump and are openly campaigning for Frau Hitlery, I think no matter what Trump says, they will take Trump's words out of context to imply anything they want. Which is always that Trump is crazy and unelectable.
I watched the opening minutes of ABC, NBC, CBS and CNN, and they all led with Trump's alleged "advocating violence" by gun owners.

None of the networks had much to say about Hillary Clinton's e-mails apparently revealing top-secret information to the Iranians that may have revealed the nuclear engineer informant who the Iranians executed yesterday.
None of the networks had much to say about Hillary's self-incriminating remarks that she "short-circuited" in her mischaracterizing FBI director James Comey's remarks that clearly revealed she did not tell the truth about her e-mails, that she was negligent at best, guilty of that alone (at least!) as a crime, and Comey only said in the odd rationale of being "reasonable" he did not recommend prosecution.

It's a one-sided media. And short of jamming every other network so the nation could only watch Fox News, to break through the propaganda wall and reach tens of millions of zombies who only hear a biased pro-Hillary message in the news they watch, I don't know how you reach these people.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Yeah, the media is criminally biased for Hillary but that's why our side needs to avoid giving them easy targets

Pariah Offline OP
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Being an "easy target" is exactly how Trump has beat out his opposition and fueled the ever-growing criticism against the left. He is a big believer in the phrase, "all publicity is good publicity". I'm not completely sold on that idea in principle, but he knows how to counter-conduct the media. The very fact that he's said one taboo thing after another over and over while still surviving on the political front serves as its own meme on the true effectiveness of criticism: it only works if you profess to an accommodation of its premise.

If Trump had operated upon the mentality that he should police his words for the sake of finesse and moderation--as you would suggest he do--all of the flack being thrown his way would still be centered around the "Muslim-ban". But, to everyone's surprise, it's become a peripheral critique against his character that's shouldered by the people who still support him--and have always supported him. As such, the media is forced to shift focus constantly in hopes of finding a fulcrum.

To that end, if the media hadn't focused on this quote as a means of distracting from Hillary, they just would have found something else--however minor--to use against him. This way however, he's actually highlighted an issue that people will care about and not simply brush aside as mere news cycle histrionics.

Pariah Offline OP
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
To be clear, Trump did not call for an armed uprising against a Clinton administration or the SCOTUS or the government in general.....but, just to get the conceptual juices flowing:

Warning, Spoiler:

If Trump turns the public discussion into a Second Amendment issue, it will make the government and Hilldawg very uncomfortable. They will be put in a position where they have no choice but to admit that the Second Amendment, a defining feature of US culture, undermines the idea that the constitution works in tandem with their institutions and is, in fact, antithetical to their behavior and vice versa.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Being an "easy target" is exactly how Trump has beat out his opposition and fueled the ever-growing criticism against the left. He is a big believer in the phrase, "all publicity is good publicity". I'm not completely sold on that idea in principle, but he knows how to counter-conduct the media. The very fact that he's said one taboo thing after another over and over while still surviving on the political front serves as its own meme on the true effectiveness of criticism: it only works if you profess to an accommodation of its premise.

That worked in the primary, in a party where the bulk of the voters know the press is full of lying biased liberal hacks. I'm not sure you should assume it will work in a general election full of independents and low information voters.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
It's like Trump keeps shitting himself and his loyal followers apparently can't get enough of the smell. I guess all I can say is thank you for helping get Clinton elected.

Fair play!
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
IF you're one of the tinfoil hatters crazy enough to believe (we all know better, of course) that the promise of money and endless publicity might be enough to convince someone to throw an election, this would be a hell of a dive to take. A bit early in the process, though I'm sure one could dream up plenty more gems in the absence of a decent October Surprise.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
I enjoy trolling Clinton and her supporters as much as the next guy, but this was stupid.

Yep. He shoots from the hip and won't follow a script. He has no filter between what his subconscious might think and what he expresses. Fuck knows how he would go in trade negotiations: the man is probably shit at poker.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
It's just bizarre, he has the gun nuts voting for him already despite flipping totally on the issue of gun control. There really doesn't seem to be a method behind the madness, just madness.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch
IF you're one of the tinfoil hatters crazy enough to believe (we all know better, of course) that the promise of money and endless publicity might be enough to convince someone to throw an election, this would be a hell of a dive to take. A bit early in the process, though I'm sure one could dream up plenty more gems in the absence of a decent October Surprise.

Just a thought: It's not so much he's "throwing" the election as he never believed he'd get this far, doesn't really want the job and so he's adopted a "fuck it" attitude of just saying whatever pops in his head and enjoying the trolling.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Just a thought: It's not so much he's "throwing" the election as he never believed he'd get this far, doesn't really want the job and so he's adopted a "fuck it" attitude of just saying whatever pops in his head and enjoying the trolling.

Yeah, its been said elsewhere that it might have started as a stunt to boost ratings on The Celebrity Apprentice.

Regardless, he certainly - intentionally or otherwise - tapped into a groundswell of anger, so potent that it actually became focussed through the one outsider in the pack, a dodgy real estate guy who likes trophy wives and is on record as thinking Republican voters are stupid.

Pimping my site, again.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
It's just bizarre, he has the gun nuts voting for him already despite flipping totally on the issue of gun control. There really doesn't seem to be a method behind the madness, just madness.

No filter. Both the reason for his appeal and a respectable reason for his inherent unsuitability.

Pimping my site, again.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: First Amongst Daves

Yeah, its been said elsewhere that it might have started as a stunt to boost ratings on The Celebrity Apprentice.

Regardless, he certainly - intentionally or otherwise - tapped into a groundswell of anger, so potent that it actually became focussed through the one outsider in the pack, a dodgy real estate guy who likes trophy wives and is on record as thinking Republican voters are stupid.

I had seen a story from somebody that had quit the Trump campaign earlier on that said Trump never planned on winning the primary. Given his personality that's hard to believe though. To me he's a guy that was born into wealth and used it to further enrich his vain self. It's always been about his ego. The big golden tower with his name on it is sort of a clue.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Does anyone run for the presidency without a huge ego?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
True but Trump's is on steroids though.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
You have to have a healthy ego no matter which side of politics you sit on. Clinton has a monumental ego.

Pimping my site, again.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Kanye West for 2020.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Pimping my site, again.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
one of the comments on the video was funny, but could also be true:

"I think he just motivated himself so much with his speech that he decided to run for president half way through delivering it."

Link Copied to Clipboard