Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brother from another mother
15000+ posts

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/22/preacher-artist-steve-dillon-passes-away-at-54

Quote:

Dillon's passing was confirmed this morning by his broth Glynn, who tweeted, "Sad to confirm the death of Steve, my big brother and my hero. He passed away in the city he loved (NYC). He will be sorely missed. Cheers x"

Dillon was born in Luton, Bedfordshire, England in 1962. He was a prolific artist who got his start as a teenager working on UK comics like Warrior, Hulk Weekly and 2000 AD. He gained greater mainstream exposure when he teamed with writer Garth Ennis on Hellblazer in 1992. That partnership continued for decades after, with Ennis and Dillon teaming on several incarnations of Marvel's Punisher franchise and creating the hugely popular Preacher for DC's Vertigo imprint. Preacher was recently adapted into a critically acclaimed AMC TV series.

Dillon also collaborated with writers like Warren Ellis (Global Frequency, Gen13), Jason Aaron (PunisherMAX) and Daniel Way (Wolverine: Origins, Thunderbolts).

Dillon remained active until the very end of his life. He recently provided cover art for Ennis' DC mini-series Sixpack and Dogwelder: Hard-Travelin' Heroz, and teamed with writer Becky Cloonan on the current volume of Punisher. Dillon also attended New York Comic-Con earlier this month, making his sudden passing that much more shocking to friends and fans.

The man had some talent. He will be missed.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Dillon

Quote:
[b]]Death[b]

Dillon's younger brother, concept artist Glyn, announced on social media on October 22, 2016 that Dillon had died in New York City.[3][10] The cause was complications of a ruptured appendix.[1] His death was met with an outpouring of grief and a number of tributes from the comics creator community, as well as the following statement from DC Group editor Marie Javins: "To say working with Steve was a pleasure doesn't begin to describe his gentle nature, or his easygoing demeanor. I worked with him from 1991, long before Preacher, up to his most recent covers for Sixpack and Dogwelder, but his impact on the comics industry resonated most through his interpretation of Jesse Custer and company. His name, along with writer Garth Ennis, is practically synonymous with Preacher, but I know him as a lovable wisecracker who enjoyed New York, and could always be depended on to deliver a sly remark. Steve had a great sense of humor; it's fitting his last work for DC was a cover of a tin foil Dogwelder. To the rest of the world, he's a giant among creators and artists. He will be missed by us all here at DC and Vertigo."

They finally disclosed the cause of his death. That was not disclosed for a while.

Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
My appendix ruptured in 2003. It is some serious shit and really hurts. Poor guy.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

Link Copied to Clipboard