Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
GameStop closing more than 150 stores after poor holiday sales: A list of closings and locations has not been announced, but roughly 2 to 3 percent of its business will be affected

All GameStop wanted was a customer base to love and a customer base to love it back and it's starting to realize that's never going to happen.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
they should have bought an extended warranty for their customer base.

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
The gamestops my kids shop at are always busy. I thought they were doing good business.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Soul Caliber inventory finally fucked 'em, huh?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
What do you guys think about their prices and inventory? My kids always find what they want whenever they shop there.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
The portion of the playerbase that actually sets foot in a brick-and-mortar store to buy a physical copy of a game has plummeted. Anyone buying a new PC game will grab it on Steam, Origin, uPlay, or direct from the publisher for most MMOs. The "Gaming" department at my store used to contain nearly a hundred linear feet (think six "aisles") of games, console accessories, and PC gaming peripherals. Starting about four years ago, corporate merged it with the Hobbies department which encompasses most of the "Maker scene" (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, other microcontrollers, robotics, DIY components), and now four of those six aisles have random parts and kits and shit, one is nothing but drone parts and cheap/toy drones, and there's one sad little aisle of mostly last year's games. We keep about twenty consoles and one half-full four-foot section of current titles in back, sandwiched between a pile of Mac-formatted external drives and several stacks of high-end security kits. The gaming industry abandoned physical retail years ago, it's just that businesses who overspecialized into gaming either don't know it yet or don't have a plan beyond this.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
it's lothar's fault

Link Copied to Clipboard