Next Thread
Print Thread
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

ROGER AILES, ARCHITECT OF CONSERVATIVE TV JUGGERNAUT FOX NEWS, DEAD AT 77

Love how 3/4 of the article is shots at the alleged distorted bias ("extreme", "Right-wing", "propaganda machine", etc.) and scandals of Fox News. Despite their own LIBERAL biases and propaganda in reporting the story on Ailes' death, Ailes was a very accomplished executive for Fox, bringing it to have ratings for over a decade that consistently exceeded its two closest competitors combined.

They also never bother to tell you how he died.

The unforgivable sin of Ailes and Fox is giving any representative conservative voice at all on broadcast news. As has been pointed out with multiple studies, many by liberal poll centers like Pew Research, Fox is statistically balanced, and is only "much more tilted" when compared to the extreme LEFT tilt of the other networks. Such as MSNBC that posted the above linked parting shot at Ailes. Whereas Fox in stories counted is "fair and balanced".

I just saw this reported about noon today.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

On the cause of death...

Roger Ailes cause of death: Ex-Fox chairman dead at 77 after fall at home

Quote:

By Leada Gore
lgore@al.com

Roger Ailes, the former head of Fox News, died Thursday, according to family members. He was 77.

The cause of death has not been officially confirmed but TMZ is reporting Ailes, who had hemophilia, fell at his home eight days ago and hit his head. According to TMZ, Ailes went into a coma Wednesday and died Wednesday night.

He reportedly had several other serious health problems that contributed to his death.

"I am profoundly sad and heartbroken to report that my husband, Roger Ailes, passed away this morning," his wife said in a statement read on Fox News. "Roger was a loving husband to me, to his son Zachary, and a loyal friend to many. He was also a patriot, profoundly grateful to live in a country that gave him so much opportunity to work hard, to rise--and to give back. During a career that stretched over more than five decades, his work in entertainment, in politics, and in news affected the lives of many millions. And so even as we mourn his death, we celebrate his life."

Ailes retired from Fox News last year amid allegations of sexual harassment. Even before he left the network, Ailes had suffered from health problems.

In a 2013 profile in Vanity Fair, Ailes addressed some of his health issues.

"I'd give anything for another 10 years," he said. "My doctor told me that I'm old, fat, and ugly, but none of those things is going to kill me immediately. The actuaries say I have six to eight years. The best tables give me 10. Three thousand days, more or less."

"Because of my hemophilia, I've been prepared to face death all of my life," he continued. "As a boy I spent a lot of time in hospitals. My parents had to leave at the end of visiting hours, and I spent a lot of time just lying there in the dark, thinking about the fact that any accident could be dangerous or even fatal. So I'm ready. Everybody fears the unknown. But I have a strong feeling there's something bigger than us. I don't think all this exists because some rocks happened to collide. I'm at peace. When it comes, I'll be fine, calm. I'll miss life, though. Especially my family."

Ailes is survived by his wife, Elizabeth, and his son, Zachary

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Good! Glad he's dead! Hated that guy!

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
Good! Glad he's dead! Hated that guy!

MEM guesses Lothar's password

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
G maybe you should try just speaking for yourself. I didn't have Ailes poster hanging on the wall but I certainly wasn't celebrating the man's death.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
G maybe you should try just speaking for yourself. I didn't have Ailes poster hanging on the wall but I certainly wasn't celebrating the man's death.

Chill, man. It was a joke.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Normaly I don't say anything g but you could try showing some class for WB. I don't think he sees Ailes passing as something for jokes.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Normaly I don't say anything g but you could try showing some class for WB. I don't think he sees Ailes passing as something for jokes.

Yes, MEM, we are all well aware of your ongoing aversion to saying things that might upset WB.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Or keep being a douche. We all used to it anyway

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
14 years and counting. ;\)

Link Copied to Clipboard