Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1224485 2017-11-14 1:43 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
If you're wondering why republicans are now being more vocal about wanting Moore to drop out I see polling showing Moore actually losing in a deep red state. The Elvis did it to defense isn't cutting it with real people.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

The pre-emptive Republican criticism of Roy Moore's candidacy is coming from establishment/RINO Republicans like John McCain who never supported Trump or pro-Trump candidates like Moore in the first place.

I still don't see any actual evidence against Roy Moore that he actually flirted with/hit on/forced himself on any 13 or 14 year old girls. Just the ALLLEGATION unleashed that he did so 38 or 40 years ago.
An allegation conveniently unleashed right before an election, at a point strategically selected by smearmeisters where no Republican could selected as a replacement candidate. Roy Moore has roughly 50 years of life in various public appointed/elected positions, and NOW these allegations are suddenly unleashed?!
That is just TOO convenient for Democrats, for his establishment Republican opposition, and for the Orwellian Newspeak DNC-partisan media.

Wonder Boy #1224487 2017-11-14 4:09 PM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

LOCAL MEDIA CONNECT ROY MOORE'S ACCUSER TO SEVERAL DNC CAMPAIGNS

Quote:
One of the women accusing Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore of sexual impropriety reportedly worked as a sign language interpreter for Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, a new report claims.

Deborah Wesson Gibson, who told The Washington Post that she briefly dated Moore when she was 17 and he was 34, founded the language interpreting company, Signs of Excellence, and has worked for a number of democratic campaigns, according to Alabama Local News.

The company’s Facebook page shows Gibson working for and posing with several Democrats at political rallies including 2016 presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, former Vice President Joe Biden, former Sen. Patrick Murphy, D-Fla., and Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla.

(more at link)

Wonder Boy #1224488 2017-11-14 4:35 PM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

ROY MOORE STORY UNRAVELING

Several of Moore's accusers, including a Washington Post reporter who drafted the hit-piece, have a record of crimes, deceitful actions, and false sexual allegations.

It's also worthy of note that the Washington Post itself early on endorsed Moore's Democrat opponent, and has launched multiple hit pieces on Moore prior to this hitting on young teens accusation. Third time's the charm for tha Washington Post, I guess...

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
If you're wondering why republicans are now being more vocal about wanting Moore to drop out I see polling showing Moore actually losing in a deep red state. The Elvis did it to defense isn't cutting it with real people.

I think the Moore coverage is great. You have the left, including people at The NY Times, realizing that intellectual consistency demands they call out Bill Clinton as a rapist and Hillary as his enabler.

the G-man #1224494 2017-11-15 12:26 AM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Years of excusing Bill Clinton’s sexual misconduct suddenly seems morally indefensible: Democrats and liberal pundits are reckoning publicly with their own history of fervid rationalizations on behalf of a recent president.

the G-man #1224495 2017-11-15 2:00 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
G & WB can't even say a 30 yr old going after a 14 yr old is wrong. You are part of the problem imho

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I can see it if it's proven that Roy Moore did have sex with an under-age girl. Even proving that Moore only made advances on these girls would be creepy, although not a crime. In one case, Moore (in a Sean Hannity interview) alleges a girl's mother encouraged her daughter to go out with Moore!

All I see are allegations. I don't see any evidence, and 38 years is a very long time ago. In 1979, I was a sophomore in high school, working my first job as a busboy. Beyond that, a lot of the details are lost to me.

I didn't believe the sudden sexual allegations that emerged similarly against Herman Cain, that emerged just when he became front runner in the GOP primary.
One of Moore's key accusers worked for the Hillary Clinton campaign, and other DNC campaigns! These allegations, emerging right now, are just WAY too convenient. There were 38 years of Moore's political career these allegations could be made, they are very suspect emerging in a cluster at this precise time, right before the election.

Wonder Boy #1224497 2017-11-15 3:44 AM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

THE TOP SEVEN KENNEDY SEX SCANDALS

Quote:
As Ted Kennedy's malignant brain tumor became public knowledge, opponents, friends, and pundits rushed to laud his accomplishments. Serving in the Senate since 1962, Ted Kennedy has been one of our most accomplished legislators. He has a big heart, works hard, and is extremely knowledgeable about both legislative content and procedure. Sometimes Kennedy (as when he vehemently opposed entering the war in Iraq) seems like the only American politician who can speak his mind freely. His efforts on behalf of those without privilege or power - as in the case of health care - are especially important and admirable.

Little has been said about his prior legal, marital, and ethical lapses, on the other hand. These are typical omissions in polite society. (I wonder if supporters feel that if they don't remind God of his lapses, Kennedy is more likely to get into Heaven.) However, as scientists of the mind, we at PT blogs are obligated to consider the entire range of human behavior. And the various Kennedys' sexual misdeeds are so notable that they raise - once again - the question of the relationship between power, recklessness, and sex. (See Why Politicians Get Laid More - the Low Road to the High Life, Sex Addicts Anonymous Meeting, Politicians' Division, and Edwards' confession shows us just how nutty and narcissistic he is.)

Here, in reverse order of importance, are the top seven Kennedy sex scandals:

7. Joe Kennedy, son of Robert Kennedy and former Congressman, secretly had his 12-year marriage to Sheila Rauch annulled by the Vatican. Rauch only found out about the annulment years later, after Kennedy remarried. She wrote a very angry book about the experience, Shattered Faith, since the Church's decreeing that the marriage never existed left her twin sons in everlasting limbo. Rauch pointed out that only powerful people like the Kennedy's could unilaterally cancel 12 years of marriage. (This raises the question of whether the Church can gain entry to Heaven for powerful people who have sinned.)

6. One of the storied political couplings of the twentieth century was between Andrew Cuomo, son of former New York Governor Mario Cuomo, and Kerry Kennedy, daughter of Robert Kennedy. The younger Cuomo was forced to withdraw his own bid for the governorship (although he is now the governor of New York) in 2002 when it was revealed that his wife, to whom he had been married 13 years and with whom he had three daughters, had been having a long-term affair with a married man. Kerry Kennedy's philandering shows that Kennedy disregard for marital niceties extends to the distaff side of the family as well.

5. An extremely unappetizing Kennedy scandal involved Joe's brother and campaign manager, Michael. Like his brother and sister, Michael was stably married with children when it was revealed he had been having an affair with a family babysitter, beginning when the girl was 14! This, of course, is a crime that would get a non-Kennedy registered as a sexual predator. For some reason (perhaps bribery and threats to her and her family), the girl refused to press charges, and Kennedy entered treatment for sex and alcohol addiction. Michael Kennedy had been keeping an extremely low profile when he died in an accident on a family skiing trip.

4. All of these scandals concerned third-generation Kennedy's. But the stories of sexual assaults, infidelity, and religious hypocrisy began with the family's patriarch, Joe Kennedy. In Swanson on Swanson, silent screen star Gloria Swanson revealed having an affair with Kennedy when, she claimed, he forced himself on her during his business trips to Hollywood when he left his saintly wife, Rose, at home in Massachusetts. (Swanson was most pissed off that, despite his legendary financial acumen, Joe lost a ton of her dough.) Other Kennedy family historians report that the elder Kennedy made advances on his sons' girlfriends!

3. Back to the younger Kennedy's, in 1991 Kennedy nephew William Smith was charged with rape while staying with uncle Teddy in the family's seaside estate in Palm Beach, FL. The woman claimed she met Smith at a night club at which he was accompanied by Ted Kennedy and his son, Patrick. Later, while ostensibly showing her around the estate, Smith began pursuing and pawing her as she tried to escape. Other women were found who described having similar experiences with the Kennedy nephew, but Smith was acquitted.

2. Both President Jack Kennedy - whose sexual escapades were legendary - and younger brother Bobby had closely contiguous sexual liaisons with Marilyn Monroe. Numerous conspiracy theories have been developed around the Kennedys' involvement in Monroe's death, which occurred in the aftermath of these affairs. At a minimum, the relationships were extremely damaging to Monroe's fragile mental health.

1. What could most interfere with Ted Kennedy's passage to Heaven (as it frustrated his aspirations to be president) was his involvement in the death of Mary Jo Kopechne. Following a party with six young female campaign workers on the island of Chappaquiddick, Kennedy was giving Kopechne a ride back to her hotel when he drove off a bridge. Kopechne drowned in the car, and Kennedy left the scene to consult with Kennedy family advisers. In fact, he never reported the incident, which was discovered independently the next morning! Kennedy was charged only with leaving the scene of an accident.

Of course, you and I can wonder how our lives would have been derailed if we were involved in a situation like this (Kennedy was married). But the Kennedy's are not deterred by such experiences, as the subsequent actions of his nephews and niece indicate. Are there separate rules - both legal and psychological - for people like the Kennedy's?

Gee, I missed when M E M ever objected to these and other well-known Kennedy family mistreatment/exploitation/assaults of women. And this is far rom a complete list.

I used to date a conservative girl from Boston, who said the city was divided into two factions, one who worshipped the Kennedys as American royalty, and the other faction who despised the Kennedys for their arrogance and abused political power, and that every detail of the Kennedy family's lives were constantly in the local papers. She said that Ted Kennedy in particular had a large court of lackeys looking for favors, who supplied Ted Kennedy with a steady stream of beautiful 25-year-olds in exchange for political favors he exchanged.

Wonder Boy #1224498 2017-11-15 11:23 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
It's no surprise that g & yourself would make this about the other side. I always thought adultery was wrong. Moore is alleged to have gone into pedo territory though and because he's a republican in a deep red state he has a good chance of winning. You guys attack the people making the allegations, the media that reports it and even the republicans who are speaking up. You are the enablers

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
G & WB can't even say a 30 yr old going after a 14 yr old is wrong. You are part of the problem imho

Where did I say that? I clearly indicated that I appreciated how Moore's alleged misdeeds were prompting people on the left to explore Bill Clinton's.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
It's no surprise that g & yourself would make this about the other side. I always thought adultery was wrong. Moore is alleged to have gone into pedo territory though and because he's a republican in a deep red state he has a good chance of winning. You guys attack the people making the allegations, the media that reports it and even the republicans who are speaking up. You are the enablers

If it's TRUE I'll condemn it. But what I see is last minute allegations conveniently unleashed right before an election, where Republicans don't even have the option to launch a replacement candidate.

I'm open to the possibility that the allegations could be true, and that Moore's answers on the subject have at times been a bit awkward. But assuming he is innocent, could anyone have perfect recollection and can speak with absolute precision and confidence and not hum and haw a bit as to what happened about events from 38 years ago?

I still don't see the reason of prematurely calling for Roy Moore to drop out from Republicans, before any investigation has been done. In the cases of Ted Kennedy, Gerry Studds, Bill Clinton and many other Democrats, even when the facts were clearly known that far exceeded the allegations against Roy Moore, there were no calls from Democrats for these men to resign.
Double standard.

And the people of Alabama are NOT making the decision to stand by Roy Moore "because they support a pedophile just so Republicans can have another seat." They stand by Moore because they see the allegations as false, as a last-minute DNC/liberal trick to leverage Moore out of the election.
AGAIN: Roy Moore has been in public life for 38 years, and been through multiple elections and appointments. It is highly suspect that all of a sudden 5 women who don't even know each other suddenly ALL came forward with allegations, at the point most advantageous to Democrats in the election, when no Republican could even be selected to replace Moore even if he dropped out. I see (as do Alabama voters) the puppet strings of the DNC, and the DNC-auxiliary PR-wing liberal media, orchestrating all these women to come forward, at this precise time.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
You are the enablers

Says the guy who's spent approximately 25 years carrying water for Bill and Hillary Clinton.

Speaking of Bill...

Bill Clinton should have resigned: What he did to Monica Lewinsky was wrong, and he should have paid the price.

NOW they admit this.

the G-man #1224502 2017-11-15 5:10 PM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

It began just 6 days ago with this story in the Washington Post:

WOMAN SAYS ROY MOORE INITIATED SEXUAL ENCOUNTER WITH HER WHEN SHE WAS 14, HE WAS 32

Bottom line:

Quote:
Aside from Corfman, three other women interviewed by The Washington Post in recent weeks say Moore pursued them when they were between the ages of 16 and 18 and he was in his early 30s, episodes they say they found flattering at the time, but troubling as they got older. None of the three women say that Moore forced them into any sort of relationship or sexual contact.

Again, the Washington Post is a newspaper that already endorsed Roy Moore's opponent long ago, and has launched several other hit pieces against Moore prior to this one.

And one of his accusers worked for the Hillary Clinton campaign and multiple other Democrat campaigns. There is arguable ulterior motive and bias in both the accusers, and in the liberal media reporting it, and even in McCain, McConnell, and other establishment Republicans who have piled on.

Wonder Boy #1224503 2017-11-16 1:15 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
More women come forward
I think we have our next GOP presidential candidate!

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

NEW TWISTS IN ROY MOORE SCANDAL, MOORE'S LAWYER HITS BACK, MORE ACCUSERS EMERGE

Quote:
Late Wednesday, the Washington Post published accounts by two more women who claimed Moore accosted them in the late-1970s, when Moore was an assistant district attorney in his early 30s.

One of the women, Gena Richardson, told the Post that when she refused to give Moore her phone number, he called her high school to ask her out on a date. She eventually agreed to go out with Moore and said he ended the date by giving her a "forceful" kiss.

The other woman, then-22-year-old Becky Gray, said that Moore repeatedly asked her out and lingered near her in a way that made her uncomfortable. When she complained to her manager, she was told it was "not the first time he had a complaint about [Moore] hanging out at the mall."

Once again, even if the allegations are entirely true, I don't see that anything alleged was particularly bad and disqualifying. In 1983, my brother and I were friends with a girl named Sheri, and there was a guy named Tom who was interested in her. He was interested, she wasn't, and this guy would show up at her house and wait for hours in her driveway for Sheri to come home, in his attempt to express a passionate interest in her. He was non-threatening, an intense and sincere guy, he was a bit weird in this, but I wouldn't quite call it creepy. After a while of her not being responsive, he eventually went on his way.

Guys do weird stuff in their attempt to date women they're interested in. I think we've all had a girl we were interested in where we went by their work in a mall-type environment as a way to have a conversation and get something going. Or arranged a "coincidence" where we would cross paths with them to have a conversation and ask them out on a date. I recall a Seinfeld episode or two where Seinfeld or George did this.
I think most of us have at one time or another in our teens or 20's have, short of stalking, expressed a similar strong interest in a girl, where our advances were not well received. If a girl's into you, it's admirable. If she doesn't have mutual interest, it's uncomfortable and arguably creepy.

The "creepy" that is trying to be projected in this media attack was initially because he was allegedly pursuing under-age women. But most of these girls were around 18, one of Moore's latest accusers was 22 at the time. And it's certainly not unheard of for guys to date younger women, or at least express some excitement at the prospect. On one occasion in 2006 when I was 43, a Brazilian receptionist in my office said "I think my best friend would be perfect for you". It turned out she was 23, and we went out for about 3 weeks.

While I haven't, I've known many guys over the years who were in their mid-20's or older and dated 17 or 18 year olds. A girl I used to live next door to at 25 married a financial investment guy who was 52. I've seen her several times in the last year, she's now 54 and they're still married, with a son. She was 21 when they started dating and worked in a tennis shop at the Boca Resort and Club, and he was a club member.

Again the examples of Elvis Presley and Jerry Lee Lewis. These are guys who had sexual relationships with and married under age women. VERY under age. And yet they were not vilified the way Roy Moore is.

ALL these examples with Moore are from about 38 years ago, and I'd think if they were true, if this was consistent predatory behavior of Roy Moore's, there'd be a lot more women coming forward to say the same happened to them in the last 38 years. But oddly, ALL these allegations are from decades ago.

I don't see that any of these, even if true, rise to the level of rape, assault, or statutory rape. Not even close.

But has anyone else noted the similarity of this to the allegations launched systematically against Trump in the concluding weeks of the 2016 election? Similarly, there were decades-old allegations of Trump groping women that just came out of nowhere, Trump enemies, both Democrat and Republican, who said it was disqualifying and he should resign as a candidate.

I think the Democrats/liberal media have discovered a vile new formula, to attack Republicans with the most humiliating of allegations, and either force them to drop out, or damage them badly in the last weeks of a campaign to enhance their chances of winning. And I fully expect to see this continue to be a Democrat/liberal media tactic in elections going forward, regardless of the outcome.

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
Wonder Boy #1224515 2017-11-21 7:42 PM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Moore's lawyers just had a press conference, detailing the inconsistencies in the allegations of Moore's female accusers. Details they said were easily verified as false, but that the liberal media --of course!-- just didn't.

• Moore's then-14-year-old accuser had behavioral problems at that time, to the point that her mother (in verified court documents) transferred custody to the girl's recently remarried father, and away from her mother.
  • A waitress who worked in the restaurant where Moore allegedly hit on underage girls and was well known for doing so, said she worked in the restaurant in question for 3 years and never saw or heard of Moore there.
  • The restaurant in question hired no girls younger than 16, disproving the allegation that Moore hit on girls there who were 14 and 15.
  • The 14 year old girl alleges that she took phone calls from Moore in her bedroom. But in statements of the mother, the girl never had a phone in her room.

Other inconsistencies, but you get the gist of it. The contradictions are easily seen, but the media has no appetite for any facts that would clear Moore and help his election chances.

Trish Regan earlier today said that Moore can be criticized on his record and not upholding the Constitution, bending the rules to suit his own agenda, and that is verifiable fact that Moore could be more validly criticized on, rather than the less verifiable salacious teen sex allegations.

Wonder Boy #1224521 2017-11-22 1:52 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
If Roy Moore wins, thank Gloria Allred and Al Franken:
  • If there was a turning point in Roy Moore’s political fortunes, it was the press conference Gloria Allred held with accuser Beverly Nelson, who emotionally described what she said was a sexual assault behind a diner at which she worked.

That press conference gave Moore two things he needed politically: a chance to make Allred an issue in the campaign, and a piece of physical evidence to attack, the handwriting in the yearbook.

A second turning point was the accusations, with photo proof, against Democrat Senator Al Franken.

The Franken scandal took the wind out of the attacks on Moore. Now with John Conyers in the spotlight for settling sexual harassment claims, it’s “a pox on all their houses” atmosphere. That only helps Moore.

the G-man #1224523 2017-11-22 4:29 PM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
In 2006, Democrat/liberal media accusations against Rep. Mark Foley (R-FL), which were likewise held for a year to launch in the final election weeks as an October surprise, allowed Democrats to smear the entire party as a "culture of corruption".

But now...

This narrative, however cunningly orchestrated against Moore, has blown up in their faces, where with Sen Al Franken, Rep. Conyers and others, manifests that the far greater corruption (and complete lack of ethics, as manifested by the IRS weaponized to attack Obama/Hillary opposition, FISA manipulations to do surveillance on Trump officials before AND after Nov 2016, the Hillary Clinton campaign, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, Donna Brazile, Eric Holder, Loretta Lynch, James Comey, Rod Rosenstein, Robert Meuller and his special investigative committee packed with huge DNC political donors, on and on) is on the Democrat side.

Wonder Boy #1224527 2017-11-22 11:06 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Yeah, the guy is a pedo and has a good chance of winning in Alabama. That's your party these days. If you don't like the news you call it fake. Victims are liars. And it's always somebody else's fault. I don't think those are very good values or principles to be honest. This does remind me a bit of 2006 but instead of W you have the big fat orange turd just rutting in all the awfulness. Hope we can fix things after it all crashes

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Yeah, the guy is a pedo and has a good chance of winning in Alabama. That's your party these days. If you don't like the news you call it fake. Victims are liars. And it's always somebody else's fault. I don't think those are very good values or principles to be honest. This does remind me a bit of 2006 but instead of W you have the big fat orange turd just rutting in all the awfulness. Hope we can fix things after it all crashes

Originally Posted By: WB

If it's TRUE I'll condemn it. But what I see is last minute allegations conveniently unleashed right before an election, where Republicans don't even have the option to launch a replacement candidate.

I'm open to the possibility that the allegations could be true, and that Moore's answers on the subject have at times been a bit awkward. But assuming he is innocent, could anyone have perfect recollection and can speak with absolute precision and confidence and not hum and haw a bit as to what happened about events from 38 years ago?

I still don't see the reason of prematurely calling for Roy Moore to drop out from Republicans, before any investigation has been done. In the cases of Ted Kennedy, Gerry Studds, Bill Clinton and many other Democrats, even when the facts were clearly known that far exceeded the allegations against Roy Moore, there were no calls from Democrats for these men to resign.
Double standard.

And the people of Alabama are NOT making the decision to stand by Roy Moore "because they support a pedophile just so Republicans can have another seat." They stand by Moore because they see the allegations as false, as a last-minute DNC/liberal trick to leverage Moore out of the election.
AGAIN: Roy Moore has been in public life for 38 years, and been through multiple elections and appointments. It is highly suspect that all of a sudden 5 women who don't even know each other suddenly ALL came forward with allegations, at the point most advantageous to Democrats in the election, when no Republican could even be selected to replace Moore even if he dropped out. I see (as do Alabama voters) the puppet strings of the DNC, and the DNC-auxiliary PR-wing liberal media, orchestrating all these women to come forward, at this precise time.

Wonder Boy #1224530 2017-11-23 1:58 AM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

Moore's lawyers just had a press conference, detailing the inconsistencies in the allegations of Moore's female accusers. Details they said were easily verified as false, but that the liberal media --of course!-- just didn't.

• Moore's then-14-year-old accuser had behavioral problems at that time, to the point that her mother (in verified court documents) transferred custody to the girl's recently remarried father, and away from her mother.
  • A waitress who worked in the restaurant where Moore allegedly hit on underage girls and was well known for doing so, said she worked in the restaurant in question for 3 years and never saw or heard of Moore there.
  • The restaurant in question hired no girls younger than 16, disproving the allegation that Moore hit on girls there who were 14 and 15.
  • The 14 year old girl alleges that she took phone calls from Moore in her bedroom. But in statements of the mother, the girl never had a phone in her room.

Other inconsistencies, but you get the gist of it. The contradictions are easily seen, but the media has no appetite for any facts that would clear Moore and help his election chances.

Trish Regan earlier today said that Moore can be criticized on his record and not upholding the Constitution, bending the rules to suit his own agenda, and that is verifiable fact that Moore could be more validly criticized on, rather than the less verifiable salacious teen sex allegations.

Wonder Boy #1224555 2017-11-30 2:54 AM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Wonder Boy #1224556 2017-11-30 3:08 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Yep wouldn't be surprised. Alabama is very republican and after Trump the bar is lower than ever. yay for all the conservative pedo's out there I guess

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Yay for Alabama voters' pushback against the vilest of collaborative liberal media/DNC attacks as a consistent new tactic against Republican candidates.

These are the EXACT tactics used against Trump, releasing an orchestrated collection of the vilest sexual allegations in the final weeks of a campaign, to smear the Republican candidate. And the inconsistencies in the allegations are completely ignored by the liberal media to try and push their guy over the top, journalistic ethics be damned. As Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, Harry Reid, Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Donna Brazile and pretty much the entire DNC leadership have demonstrated, the Democrats have absolutely no ethics, will break any law, and do absolutely anything to win.

Would that they were human enough to be capable of shame.

Wonder Boy #1224561 2017-11-30 11:14 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
So in your view Trump isn't responsible for bragging about how his status allows him to commit sexual assault and all the women that came forward were somehow lying and part of a conspiracy to make him look bad? Again not surprised a republican pedo has a chance of winning these days.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
So in your view Trump isn't responsible for bragging about how his status allows him to commit sexual assault and all the women that came forward were somehow lying and part of a conspiracy to make him look bad? Again not surprised a republican pedo has a chance of winning these days.

Already asked and answered, M E M.

Trump, caught by a hidden camera TWELVE YEARS AGO long before he was a presidential candidate, and with no knowledge or consciousness that he was being recorded, and therefore had no reason to choose his words carefully, said that when you're famous, beautiful women want to be around you, and that (unlike many of his liberal accusers such as Al Franken, John Conyers, Charlie Rose, Matt Lauer, Harvey Weinstein, etc.) Trump only said he took advantage of what these women consentually allowed him to do. Even if he actually did what he said. And there is no evidence or women coming forward to say he ever did that, rather than just bragged he could if he wanted to.
The allegations unleashed on Trump in Oct 2016 (like those against Roy Moore) were orchestratedly launched a week or so after that Access Hollywood bus conversation was made public, were all from four decades ago and are unsubstantiated. If they were true, and it was an actual pattern of behavior Trump (or Moore) were engaged in, there would be many more women coming forward across the more recent decades up to the present. I don't believe the allegations, they are too convenient and too orchestrated in the weeks immediately before the election.

Just as the voters of Alabama don't believe them. They see through the orchestrated liberal media/DNC deception. That this is calculated to smear and damage a candidate in the final weeks, to win an election through dirty means that bypass the issues.
It didn't work on Trump.
And it pleases me that it doesn't seem to be working on Moore either.

You endorse the vilest deceptions of your party, and repeat their lying talking points.
Alabama voters don't "support child molesters just to get a Republican seat." They see the deception of the liberal media/DNC and reject the false accusation of Moore being a child molester, where the liberal media won't even air Moore's lawyers exposing the false testimony of Moore's accusers, as I detailed above. The liberal media won't air those facts, in their partisan attempt to destroy Moore and get his Democrat opponent elected.

Wonder Boy #1224568 2017-12-01 2:11 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Yep if it's a republican you don't believe the accusations, got that loud and clear. Trump threatened to sue any women that came forward and they still came forward.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Yep if it's a republican you don't believe the accusations, got that loud and clear. Trump threatened to sue any women that came forward and they still came forward.

Notice you haven't been saying much about Franken and Conyers.

the G-man #1224570 2017-12-01 3:20 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
You have that covered g. I'm sure you will stay focused on it. You get quiet when it involves republicans picking up 14 yr olds though. And he's probably going to get elected as a member of your party. I think people like you and WB deserve some credit.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
What I notice is that Republicans are convicted by the liberal media on allegations without evidence, and when that minimal level of accusation without evidence is made about a Democrat, the liberal media doesn't even want to report it.

There is no question of Franken and Conyers' guilt.

In the case of Roy Moore and Trump, there are only allegations, from forty years ago, that they completely reject as false. And plenty of contradicting evidence that puts lie to the accusations, as I laid out above. In the same situation with Anthony Weiner, the press didn't want to report it. Only when Breitbart was ready to release hundreds of Weiner's own penis selfies and his recorded sext messages did the media even report it!
Double standard, all the way.

Even when EVERYTHING was proven about Weiner, MRC.org counted twice as many stories in the media about the UNPROVEN allegations against Herman Cain, as they did about the PROVEN allegations about Weiner. Absolute fact.

Wonder Boy #1224573 2017-12-02 1:12 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Even the RNC isn't supporting him WB. This isn't a conspiracy against a republican but a deal where enough women have come forward with credible claims. Enough where even Trump is at least saying he won't campaign for him even though he is. Much like the Nazi flag you and others are making pedophile feel very welcome in your party.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Even A FEW of the Republicans are not supporting him. Establishment Republicans like McCain and McConnell, who never supported Moore from the outset, and tried to prevent Moore from previously winning the Republican primary, long before this Washington Post hit piece.
McCain and McConnell called for Moore to drop out, but did NOT call for Al Franken, with far more incriminating evidence to drop out! It seems pretty clear they are supporting something other than the GOP's best interest.
The RNC cut off funding support for Moore to cover their own asses when the allegations first came out, and the facts were not known.

But since then, Moore has recovered and surged in the polls. And Moore's lawyers have exposed the lies and inconsistencies of Moore's accusers. Which, of course, the liberal media will not report, in their partisan liberal media effort to get Moore's Democrat opponent elected.

Wonder Boy #1224583 2017-12-03 12:39 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Is it truthful to paint it as a few republicans not supporting Moore when the RNC itself isn't supporting Moore? And while he can win the polling shows it's far from certain. Moore' lawyer has certainly accused all the accusers as lying but there hasn't been actual proof.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

WHY ROY MOORE IS SURGING IN ALABAMA

Quote:

One of the first lessons I learned as a young GOP political flack was this: Nothing is good or bad, except by comparison. Democrats hoping to beat Judge Roy Moore and pick up that Alabama senate seat are likely to re-learn that lesson one week from today.

The hard way.

On paper, Judge Roy Moore's campaign is a fiasco. He's been credibly accused of sexual misconduct with minors. Multiple accusers have laid out a pattern of sexual pressure on women over whom the former District Attorney had power. And his campaign has taken the unusual step of aggressively calling the alleged victims liars, political plotters, or both.

"Don't attack women who are possible victims of sexual assault" is one of those other things I learned as a campaign consultant. Add the daily media savaging of Moore's candidacy and the current conversation about sexual harassment and Democrats should be on the verge of victory, right?

Only they're not.

The latest RealClearPolitics polling average has Moore leading Democrat Doug Jones by an average of 2.6 percent, almost doubling his margin for most of November, when the news of alleged sexual misbehavior broke. More significant for Moore is that the most recent polls tend to give him the larger leads.

The latest CBS News poll reflects the broader trend: While the race is neck-and-neck among Alabama registered voters in general, "Moore leads 49 percent to 43 percent among the likely voters who are most apt to vote on Dec. 12," CBS reports. The poll also finds more than 80 percent of Republicans plan to vote for their party's candidate and "a higher number of Moore's backers call themselves definite voters than do Jones' backers"

As one Republican politico told me not long ago: "Moore's voters have Election Day circled in red on the kitchen calendar."

So, the candidate with the most baggage is also the one with the most passionate support. Sound familiar? If you were watching the Trump campaign last year, it should.

The interesting question is how Moore went from a candidate who appeared on the verge of dropping out of the race to next week's likely winner. Some pragmatic analysts point to the mechanics of the election—there simply wasn't enough time after the allegations surfaced for the GOP to replace Moore on the ballot—and that's certainly part of the story.

But more significant is that first lesson: comparisons. And the Moore campaign has benefitted from some very helpful ones in the past two weeks.

THE DOUG JONES MATCH-UP

For tough-on-crime southern conservatives, there's a lot to like about former prosecutor and Democratic candidate Doug Jones' record. As a U.S. attorney, he convicted Ku Klux Klan bombers and Olympic Park terrorist Eric Robert Rudolph. But after that, it's hard to find natural overlap between the red-state Alabama voters and Jones.

Jones is pro-abortion in a very anti-abortion state. Nearly 60 percent of Alabamans told CBS News they think abortion should be illegal. Jones also opposes the Trump border wall, another idea that's popular in deep-red Alabama.

"Who was an Obama delegate?" Judge Moore's wife, Kayla, likes to ask on the campaign trail. "Who is for full-term abortion? Who is for more gun restrictions? Who is for transgender bathrooms?"

It's not a winning comparison for Jones in Alabama.

If Democrats had nominated a more centrist, or even a pro-life candidate, this race might look different. But they didn't.

THE MOORE VS. FRANKEN/CONYERS MATCH-UP

It's not just Moore's campaign that's helping voters get over the character questions. Democrats have lent a hand as well. In the weeks since the disturbing allegations that Moore may have used physical force against women in 1980, and may even have had sexual contact with a 14-year-old girl, a slew of allegations have arisen against both Democratic office-holders and liberal media figures.

Worse for Doug Jones, Democratic leadership has not handled the issues well. Sen. Al Franken offered a few confusing apologies but is back at work with little pressure to resign. The longest-serving man in Congress, Rep. John Conyers, was called an "icon" by Nancy Pelosi soon after allegations of sexual harassment were made public (she has since changed her position and called on Conyers to resign, which he did on Tuesday).

Compared to the behavior voters would like to be able to expect from elected officials, Judge Moore's actions seem all-but-unforgiveable. But compared to the current crop of scandals from across the partisan aisle, Moore is just another bad actor among many.

In addition, the confusing messages from Democrats on the broader issue of sexual harassment create a climate in which its easier for voters to justify support for a candidate like Moore. Perhaps the most astonishing number from the CBS News poll: 71 percent of Republicans claim they believe the allegations against Roy Moore are false -- an invention of Democrats, the media, or both. Based on the number of allegations and the thorough reporting, this may seem like a mind-bendingly high level of self-deception.

But in 1999, just after the impeachment and acquittal of President Bill Clinton, when knowledge of his bad behavior was at its peak, his job approval among Democrats hit 92 percent. This is the power of partisanship: If you can get your voters to compare you to your opponents based on party, they can often find a way to believe what they must to give you their support.

THE TRUMP MATCH-UP

Over the weekend, Donald Trump hit the highest "disapproval" number for a president ever recorded by Gallup: 62 percent. But apparently nobody told Alabama, where he's got a 57 percent approval rating among all voters and a staggering 96 percent approval among Republicans. Judge Moore has always been the "Trump" candidate in Alabama, even when Trump endorsed his opponent Luther Strange in the primary. Moore has the anti-establishment, shoot-from-the-hip Trump style and Alabama Republicans knew it.

President Trump has now publicly thrown his support behind Moore, even calling him from the White House on Monday to offer a "Go get 'em, Roy!"

It's true that Moore's lead is very small for a Republican in Alabama. It's true that Trump beat Hillary Clinton there by nearly 30 percent. So compared to other Republicans, Moore is struggling.

The problem for Democrats is that he isn't running against a Republican.

Wonder Boy #1224604 2017-12-06 11:07 AM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

And by the way, the GOP has restored funding of Roy Moore's campaign.

Unlike the writer of the above opinion piece, I (like Alabama voters) don't believe the allegations against Moore.

As I cited above, Moore's lawyers had a press conference exposing the inconsistencies in the statements of Moore's accusers, that can easily be verified by court documents. And despite that the liberal media will not report on that press conference and those glaring inconsistencies that are easily verifiable if [liberal] reporters didn't want to hurt Moore's campaign, Alabama voters still intuitively know the charges are false.

It's not a case of slipping one by the voters as this opinion piece suggests, it's a case of seeing an orchestrated smear job (in exactly the same pattern that the DNC unleashed on Trump in Oct 2016!) for what it is.

Wonder Boy #1224616 2017-12-07 11:34 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
You may have noticed there's a huge movement of those sexually harassed coming forward against powerful people. When it's a republican politician apparently it's all lies and orchestrated. Get the pedo elected. It's fitting with Trump in office.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
ABC News reports Beverly Young Nelson will have a news conference later today. In this interview, she indicates that she added the date/location to the yearbook but maintains the signature is Roy Moore's.

How is Gloria Allred still a lawyer, again? Even if every other accuser is 100% truthful this stunt probably just helped put Moore over the top.

the G-man #1224632 2017-12-08 11:23 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Moore had rebounded in the polls before this. Trump and the RNC signed on before this. And it's not a case of he said she said but as with Franken to many woman have come forward with credible stories. It's a talking point for those that were already supporting Moore already. I'll point out that in this thread it's not the pedophile that you have criticism for but Gloria Allred.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Gloria Allred just made it less likely legitimate sex abuse victims will be believed by, in all likelihood, supporting the proffer of forged evidence and false statements.

Not just in the Moore case but in general.

If you want to defend someone like that, it's on you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard