Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

This one pissed me off more than most. He seems like a really decent guy, Navy Admiral and physician, who was Barack Obama's physician during Obama's term as president.

Then Trump's first year as president, he gave the same examination to Trump, and at a marathon press conference, was subject to questions and personal attacks that he never was as Obama's physician, where the media put their fanatic anti-Trump bias on full display.

Then a few months later Jackson, a clearly qualified, personable and modest guy, seemed like an uncontroversial pick to head the VA Administration.
But now...

The Democrats just destroyed Jackson with allegations.
To the point he withdrew his nomination.

That pisses me off. There was NO PROBLEM, NONE with this guy, NONE all the 8 years he served under Obama. But as soon as he serves in the same position as he did under Obama, as Trump's personal physician, and now after is nominated for a higher position by Trump, the Democrats have to destroy him. Just to launch another smear attack on Trump.
That pisses me off.

Clearly, in this among other examples, there is one standard for Democrats, and another more vindictive standard for Republicans in the exact same position.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Likewise the Pompeo nomination for secretary of state.

If I didn't already despise the Democrats as evil corrupt nation-destroying Cultural Marxist sons of bitches, this would have pushed me into hating them.

Meanwhile, there are mountains of incriminating evidence against Hillary Clinton, Huma Abedin, Cheryl Mills, Loretta Lynch, Bill Clinton, James Comey, Andrew McCabe, and dozens of others on Team Democrat that are being obstructed and stonewalled, or not being investigated at all.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Quote:
“A most impressive leader who continues to perform at the Flag Officer level," Obama said in October 2014. "Ronny has earned my confidence and the gratitude of my family for his diligence and knowledge. Promote to Flag immediately.”

“Ronny does a great job — genuine enthusiasm, poised under pressure, incredible work ethic and follow through. Ronny continues to inspire confidence with the care he provides to me, my family and my team," Obama said in October 2016. "Continue to promote ahead of peers.”

I don't hear Obama defending Jackson now.

Evil bastards.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Spanky should start vetting his picks

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I guess he will no longer be Trump 's physician any longer.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I wonder why Trump isn't insisting that he stay as his doctor?

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

He isn't just "Trump's doctor".
Jackson was also President George W. Bush's physician, and also President Obama's physician his entire 8 years. Why all of a sudden is it bad judgement or disgraceful to keep Ronny Jackson in that position, according to Democrats?

As I understand it, Jackson was actually about to be promoted, from a one-star admiral to a two-star admiral. Which would have moved him to another position anyway.

According to Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronny_Jackson

Quote:
]On April 23, 2018, the U.S. Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs postponed a hearing on his nomination after current and former employees on the White House medical staff accused Jackson of creating a hostile work environment, excessively drinking on the job, and improperly dispensing medication.[24][25][26] Senator Jon Tester told CNN on April 24 that Jackson was known as "the candy man" inside the White House, according to around 20 people that brought these concerns to the Veterans' Affairs Senate Committee. He would allegedly hand out Ambien, Provigil, and other prescription drugs "like they were candy".[27] CNN also reported that during an overseas trip in 2015, an intoxicated Jackson loudly knocked on the hotel room door of a female employee, so noisily that the United States Secret Service reportedly stopped him to prevent him potentially waking up then-President Barack Obama.[28] President Trump responded during a news conference the next day, defending Jackson as "one of the finest people that I have met", but also implying that Jackson may withdraw from being considered for the position due to the stress associated with unsubstantiated scrutiny.[25] On April 27, 2018, the Secret Service reported that it had no records of any incidents involving Jackson having caused any commotions in hotels in 2015 when secret service personnel were guarding President Obama.[29]

Jackson withdrew himself from consideration for the Secretary of Veterans' Affairs nomination on April 26, 2018, after the Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs began formally investigating the allegations.[30][31] Jackson insisted that the allegations were "completely false and fabricated" and said he was withdrawing because the controversy has become a distraction for Trump and his agenda.[31] On April 29, Politico reported that Jackson will continue to work in the White House Medical Unit but will not be returning to his position as the President's personal physician, to be replaced by Navy officer Sean Conley, who took over the role a month earlier.[32]

On May 1, 2018, it was revealed that Vice President Mike Pence's physician alerted top White House officials back in September that Jackson may have violated federal privacy protections for Pence's wife, Karen Pence, and intimidated Pence's physician in a hostile confrontation over the situation.[33]

I see no specific accusations against Jackson, and no named accusers who have gone on the record to make such an accusation.

And I think it's really loathesone how you gleefully jump on a half-baked rumor about Jackson, just to try and score partisan points that he is allegedly a disgraced Trump official, M E M.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Those would be the points you and G are giving me? And the only one I was critical of is Spanky about needing to vet his choices. If you had read the very last line that you posted from Wikipedia even Pence's wife had a complaint about him. I think there was a lot of bipartisan doubt about this pick to begin with but you as usual turn it into "us vs them" when Trump actually deserves your criticism

Fair play!

Link Copied to Clipboard