Next Thread
Print Thread
#1225634 2018-05-04 8:15 PM
Kneel!
10000+ posts
OP Offline
Kneel!
10000+ posts
The biggest movie of the year...probably the biggest comic book movie of all time came out. AND it was glorious. It's a damn shame there's nobody here to talk about it with. The only ones left are Wondy and Mem who only try to jerk eachother off in the politics forum. This place has truly died

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
As I just posted elsewhere yesterday, for all the hoopla about the first AVENGERS movie, I wasn't that impressed.

Maybe AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR is a better breed of movie, or maybe others see something there that I don't. Either way, I'll maybe wait for cable to watch it. Or skip it altogether, unless I hear fantastic things.

People said the Spider-Man, X-Men, Hulk, Daredevil, Elektra, Avengers, Wonder Woman and other comic based movies were "awesome", "great" and all that, but all duds in my book, and not worth the price of admission.
I've already listed the ones I liked, and at the very least, I'm not part of the herd that makes up part of the billion dollars one of these movies rakes in, or among those who think these flicks are great.

Different strokes, we all like what we like.

So far the only Marvel ones I've liked (of the ones I've seen) were GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY and CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER.

Wonder Boy #1225637 2018-05-05 2:27 AM
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I haven't seen it yet. I just don't like going to the theater.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Trailer:

Roughly three hours is quite a commitment. That's actually why I recorded the first AVENGERS movie (2 hours 23 minutes), so I could view it later and digest it at my own pace. Captions also helped on much of the dialogue that went by overly fast.

Wonder Boy #1225642 2018-05-05 2:10 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Fuck you.

Imagine a picture of a trailer.

I've got shit to do.

Last edited by Ultimate Jaburg53; 2018-05-05 2:12 PM.
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Have not seen it yet but it looks good. Still have Doctor Strange to see too. Marvel has been kicking DC's butt in the movies. I liked WW but the Superman Batman ones were just okay. Maybe I'll like Justice League when I catch it.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I didn't inderstand the comment, Jaburg. All I did was post a trailer link. I didn't make the choice that they don't display on RKMB.

Judging from this...

What You Need To Know Before You See Infinity War
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4ueRoRRfJ0

...it follows my complaint with comics that carries over into the movies, that you need a Phd in continuity to fully understand what's going on.

If you're into it and fully immersed in comic book nerd culture, then it's fun to have an insider's knowledge of everything and understand the stuff most viewers won't pick up on.

Wonder Boy #1225645 2018-05-05 5:26 PM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
More evidence on that front, that the movie can be confusing unless you're a fully immersed in nerd culture:

My general rule is: if you can explain the movie better than the movie itself, that's not a very coherent or well-told story.

Wonder Boy #1225646 2018-05-05 5:46 PM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
This video was particularly clever and funny, with a lot of good one-liners:

The actor who plays Loki looks remarkably like Brent Spinner from STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION.

In the first AVENGERS movie, I enjoyed thinking of him as Lore, Data's evil brother.

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
brother from another mother
15000+ posts

Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Have not seen it yet but it looks good. Still have Doctor Strange to see too. Marvel has been kicking DC's butt in the movies. I liked WW but the Superman Batman ones were just okay. Maybe I'll like Justice League when I catch it.

I ddn't care for the Doctor Strange movie and I'm a big Doctor Strange fan.

Justice League was good but the Marvel movies are better.

You might want to see Thor Ragnorok before seeing Infinity War as it does Take place seconds after The Thor movie.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Wonder Boy #1225662 2018-05-07 5:04 PM
Kneel!
10000+ posts
OP Offline
Kneel!
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
As I just posted elsewhere yesterday, for all the hoopla about the first AVENGERS movie, I wasn't that impressed.

Maybe AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR is a better breed of movie, or maybe others see something there that I don't. Either way, I'll maybe wait for cable to watch it. Or skip it altogether, unless I hear fantastic things.

People said the Spider-Man, X-Men, Hulk, Daredevil, Elektra, Avengers, Wonder Woman and other comic based movies were "awesome", "great" and all that, but all duds in my book, and not worth the price of admission.
I've already listed the ones I liked, and at the very least, I'm not part of the herd that makes up part of the billion dollars one of these movies rakes in, or among those who think these flicks are great.

Different strokes, we all like what we like.

So far the only Marvel ones I've liked (of the ones I've seen) were GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY and CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER.

Dont really give a damn what you think. You're old as hell and your opinion on whats popular with the young whippersnappers of the day isn't relevant.

"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Kneel!
10000+ posts
OP Offline
Kneel!
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53
I haven't seen it yet. I just don't like going to the theater.

Thats valid

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People

You might want to see Thor Ragnorok before seeing Infinity War as it does Take place seconds after The Thor movie.

Doctor Strange is actually the only marvel one I haven't seen yet. I lost interest in the DC ones after Superman let his dad get killed by a tornado. I know what they were trying to do but that just isn't Superman.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I'd agree, that was odd in MAN OF STEEL (2013) that Superman could do so much, but he couldn't save his father from a simple tornado. I hate it in movies, TV and comics when they do that cheap melodramatic "Daaaaaaaaaaaaad!" thing.

As I said, though, the 1930's-ish retro-future technology for Krypton was really cool, and that makes me love that movie, even though the story wasn't that great in the latter part of the movie. I also love Russell Crowe in the Jor-el role. If the rest of the movie was up to the same par as the first 30 minutes, it would have been a four-star movie.

K-nutreturns #1225678 2018-05-10 12:31 AM
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: K-nutreturns
The biggest movie of the year...probably the biggest comic book movie of all time came out. AND it was glorious. It's a damn shame there's nobody here to talk about it with. The only ones left are Wondy and Mem who only try to jerk eachother off in the politics forum. This place has truly died

I haven't seen it yet. I'm not a huge fan of cliffhanger movies. I'll probably wait until both parts come out on video.

the G-man #1225683 2018-05-10 1:52 AM
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I'll wait until both of your parts come out on video!

Wonder Boy #1225700 2018-05-12 2:31 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

I'd agree, that was odd in MAN OF STEEL (2013) that Superman could do so much, but he couldn't save his father from a simple tornado. I hat it in movies, TV and comics when they do that cheap melodramatic "Daaaaaaaaaaaaad!" thing.

As I said before, though, the 1930-ish retro-future technology for Krypton was really cool, though, and that makes me love that movie, even though the story wasn't that great. I also love Russell Crowe in the Jor-el role. If the rest of the movie was up to the same par as the first 30 minutes, it would have been a four-star movie.

If I remember correctly it wasn't that he couldn't save Pa Kent but chose not to. It was set up as being a greater good type thing. Saving his dad would have exposed him. Earlier in the movie his dad chews him out for saving the school bus full of kids. The idea was that it was more important to keep Clark's powers a secret than saving somebody. But the real Superman wouldn't have sacrificed his own dad like that.

Fair play!
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
It was EPIC!!. Knut, I saw it on the Saturday of it's opening weekend. The sheer scope of the movie & how I felt that no one got lost in the shuffle and that the right amount of time was spent on the arc for each character or groups is just way cool. I ended up going to see it again the following day and was still in awe of how it played out.

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: K-nutreturns

Did you catch our review? We were split 50/50 on it. I liked it, my cohost Brandon liked it, John and Dan were not thrilled with it. But yeah, I thought it was a fantastic payoff to the 18 films that came before it.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts

Doctor Strange was fun. Not amazing, but fun. And "I've come to bargain," might've been the greatest "badass" superhero line I"ve seen in a movie lately.

I didn't see "Strange" or "Ragnarok" before "Infinity War." I didn't feel like I was TOTALLY lost, but yeah, seeing Ragnarok afterward definitely helped understand a lot of the Thor scenes in hindsight.

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
PCG342 #1226036 2018-06-17 10:52 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: PCG342

Doctor Strange was fun. Not amazing, but fun. And "I've come to bargain," might've been the greatest "badass" superhero line I"ve seen in a movie lately.

I didn't see "Strange" or "Ragnarok" before "Infinity War." I didn't feel like I was TOTALLY lost, but yeah, seeing Ragnarok afterward definitely helped understand a lot of the Thor scenes in hindsight.

- This is PCGay's bro.

Link Copied to Clipboard