Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#1226350 - Sat Jul 14 2018 05:45 PM Trump's foreign policy (i.e., the rebirth of U.S. common sense)
Wonder Boy
Offline brutally Kamphausened

Loc: A glorious bold new America
I just watched this Pat Buchanan clip, from Laura Ingraham's radio show:

Buchanan: What's Really Going on Is the End of the Old World Order 6/11/2018

And like everything else regarding Trump in the media coverage, it's two parallel universes.

Trump is (if possible) attempting to engage and create a working relationship with Russia. The alternative is Defcon 5 against the world's largest nuclear arsenal, I would think Democrats could understand that. Buchanan, as in his books, says that Russia and the U.S. while not friends, have shared strategic interests. And the last thing we want to do is drive Russia into a closer alliance against us with China.

Against the hysteria in the liberal media, Trump is doing what's in the best interest of the U.S. in playing hardball regarding trade with China and Europe. The average tariff to bring good into the U.S. from Europe is about 2%. The average tariff to bring U.S. goods into Europe is about 10%. That's why U.S. items, such as cars, are prohibitively expensive and don't sell much at all in Europe. Trump just wants to even the playing field, so that it truly is free trade.

Decades ago after World War II, we had lower tariffs on goods from Europe to help them rebuild after the war. But that was accomplished before 1960, and at some point we should have evened out the tariffs.
Likewise Japan.
Likewise China.

As Buchanan and Ingraham discuss, Russia has a shrinking population with about a 1.3 birthrate for every 2 parents. Russia's population is imploding, their economy is imploding, and they lost 33% of their land and half their population in the 1991 breakup of the Soviet Union. In the last 2 decades, they even struggled to keep places like Chechnya and two breakoff provinces taken from former-Soviet Georgia in 2008. For whatever intent, the Russian military is exhausting itself even in these places, and eastern Ukraine. The only threat they have is 5,000 to 6,000 nuclear missiles.

And just 5 years ago, the Democrats saw that (Obama in 2012 to Romney: "The 1980's are calling, they want their foreign policy back" in response to Romney citing a threat from Russia.) Russia is a threat, but China is the greater and rising threat. And I would rather we renegotiate trade deals now, when China is still relatively weak economically and dependent on us buying their manufactured products, than in 20 years when they've developed their own middle class and no longer need us as buyers, and have used the 300 billion in annual trade surpluses over 20 years to build themselves into the unchallenged global superpower.
300 billion a year in trade deficit.
And another 600 billion a year in intellectual property theft. That if left to continue will not only fund their military, but allow them to surpass us in technology.
Those two combined give them cash to outpace our military over the long run.

So with China, and with all these nations, Trump has arrived just in time, to eliminate these trade deficits before we are too economically weak to resist them. All Trump is asking for is truly free trade with equal tariffs. And right now, the U.S. is still the dominant market, and have the strength to win, if there is a short-term economic trade war. If it comes to that.

One analyst on Lou Dobbs last night said that Trump has already won.
Lou Dobbs Tonight 7/13/18 _ Fox Business

Toward the end of the program.

But like everything else, don't expect European leaders or the liberal media to ever give Trump credit for that. For a long time, the U.S. could afford to be slowly bled to death by trade deficits with nations around the world. We no longer can. Imagine if those deficits were eliminated, and all that capital could be applied to pay down and eliminate our 21 trillion-dollar federal debt.

Borders secured, better trade deals negotiated, serious negotiations with Korea and China to "de-nuclearize the Korean peninsula" (if Korea does as it promised, and serious pressure if they don't), slashing federal regulation, returning jobs and growth to the U.S.
All this, and still Obama is bashed in the media as if her were incompetent. At some point they will have to acknowledge this is a president whose accomplishments match or surpass those of Reagan or FDR.

#1226355 - Sun Jul 15 2018 06:37 PM Re: Trump's foreign policy (i.e., the rebirth of U.S. common sense) [Re: Wonder Boy]
Wonder Boy

The key point in the Lou Dobbs broadcast, from 10:00 to 16:00 in the video is that Deputy A.G. Rosenstein indicted 12 Russian nationals who will never be arrested or tried, jut to upstage Trump while he is in Helsinki, Finland meeting with Putin. And to distract from the Dems' embarrassing exposure in the congressional Strzok hearings.
As Farrell says: "Engaging in very subversive behavior, while wrapping himself in the flag," in Rosenstein's calling for patriotism and non-partisanship, even as he engages in a partisan attack on the President.

I love how Democrats say, "Ohhh, how can you say that, Comey and Rubinstein are Republicans!"
Republicans in name only. They are registered as Republicans so they can act as Democrats. Classic Alinsky tactics of infiltration. Comey in his 60 minutes interview said his wife and his 5 children all voted for and were deeply invested in Hillary Clinton winning. He declined to say who he voted for. Asked if he's a Democrat, he said "If not before, then now."

Likewise Rosenstein. I wish Trump would fire Rosenstein, and ask for Sessions' resignation, while selecting a replacement Attorney General. Who will actually pursue justice regarding the Hillary e-mails, Lois Lerner, and Strzok's manufactured text-boasted "insurance plan" to destroy Trump..

#1226356 - Sun Jul 15 2018 07:21 PM Re: Trump's foreign policy (i.e., the rebirth of U.S. common sense) [Re: Wonder Boy]
Wonder Boy

Farrell mentions CrowdStrike and the DNC server that was hacked, where the DNC-friendly CrowdStrike cyber-security company investigated the hacks, and the DNC didn't let the FBI investigate, to (obviously) conceal information from the public that was on their server, and their carelessness that compromised it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_National_Committee_cyber_attacks

#1226357 - Sun Jul 15 2018 07:41 PM Re: Trump's foreign policy (i.e., the rebirth of U.S. common sense) [Re: Wonder Boy]
Wonder Boy

https://www.conservapedia.com/Awan_investigation

Quote:
On February 2, 2017, Politico reported 5 House IT staffers, including 3 brothers later identified as Abid, Imran, and Jamal Awan, and two of their wives, Hina Alvi and Natalia Sova, were relieved of access to House computers and had been under criminal investigation since late 2016.[5] A sixth, Rao Abbas, privileges were also revoked.[6]

While full details were not disclosed, subsequently it was learned they managed office information technology for at least 80 Democratic members of the House, including members of the House Intelligence, Homeland Security, and Foreign Affairs committees handling matters of national security.[7] It was also learned later Imran Awan worked for ex-DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz,[8] had access to her iPad and password,[9] took $100,000 in cash from an Iraqi doctor who was part of the new Iraq government,[10] and was a suspect in the leaking of DNC emails to Wikileaks (despite verbose allegations of "Russian hacking," the DNC never allowed the FBI to examine its servers to determine if indeed the DNC had been hacked, or if the leaks come from an inside source).[11]

The suspects may have been involved in a leak of information that led to the ambush and death of Navy SEAL William Ryan Owen.[12]

Because the subjects were Muslim,[13] their activities were covered up and they were only relieved of duties without their names being released.[14]

#1226359 - Mon Jul 16 2018 08:40 PM Re: Trump's foreign policy (i.e., the rebirth of U.S. common sense) [Re: Wonder Boy]
Matter-eater Man
Online   argumentative Fair Play!

Today wasn't common sense. Trump just showed us he's Putin's bitch and left us diminished to the rest of the world.

Fair play!

#1226361 - Mon Jul 16 2018 10:57 PM Re: Trump's foreign policy (i.e., the rebirth of U.S. common sense) [Re: Matter-eater Man]
the G-man
Offline Officially "too old for this shit"

Loc: the right
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Today wasn't common sense. Trump just showed us he's Putin's bitch and left us diminished to the rest of the world.

Yeah. I gotta roll with MEM on this one. This was every bit as bad as the Obama apology tour

#1226362 - Mon Jul 16 2018 11:03 PM Re: Trump's foreign policy (i.e., the rebirth of U.S. common sense) [Re: the G-man]
Matter-eater Man

This didn't equate to anything Obama did. You guys would have lynched him if he had done this. But I guess it's predictable that you would go with the "other guy did it too" argument. You're welcome to continue on with your shit show. Hopefully the rest of our country wakes up and starts paying attention.

Fair play!

#1226363 - Mon Jul 16 2018 11:38 PM Re: Trump's foreign policy (i.e., the rebirth of U.S. common sense) [Re: Matter-eater Man]
Wonder Boy

No way this compares to Obama's weakness before the Russians. Trump compromised nothing, gave away nothing, and just expressed a willingness to improve relations with Putin.

NOTHING Trump said compares to this:

Trump didn't "draw a line in the sand" in Syria and then cave.
He didn't leave iot to Putin to send him a lifeline in Syria, to let Russia verify Assad had no more chemical weapons, and then a year later have Assad slaughter civilians with chemical weapons!
Trump didn't sit on his hands while Putin took Crimea.
Trump didn't sit on his hands while Putin further invaded Eastern Ukraine. Quite the opposite, Trump is arming the Ukranians and pushing back on all these fronts, FAR from "being Putin's bitch".

Did Trump make some odd remarks in his press conference with Putin? Yeah.
Did Trump give anything away on any of these fronts, or ease up on sanctions? Fuck no.

So I'm chalking it up to Art of the Deal tactics for opening further negotiation, while compromising nothing.

He's not the guy who promised to be "more flexible after the election" or delivered a $150 billion palette of cash, just some somebody would pretend to be his friend.

#1226368 - Tue Jul 17 2018 07:31 AM Re: Trump's foreign policy (i.e., the rebirth of U.S. common sense) [Re: Wonder Boy]
Matter-eater Man

The piece of shit threw our intelligence agencies under the bus and than thought it was a wonderful idea to let Putin's people work with them. He picked the enemy's side.

Fair play!

#1226369 - Tue Jul 17 2018 02:13 PM Re: Trump's foreign policy (i.e., the rebirth of U.S. common sense) [Re: Matter-eater Man]
Wonder Boy

That's total horseshit, M E M.
Trump said he trusts the intelligence officials who tell him Russia hacked and sabotaged our 2016 elections. And he just said that Putin "extremely powerful in his denial" Russia was involved. Trump didn't say he believed Putin. Trump didn't say he didn't believe his own intelligence officials.

The liberal narrative is that "Trump believes Putin over his own intelligence officials," which again, is horseshit. Trump never said that. But the human cattle who rely on CNN and MSNBC will believe that paraphrased twisting of the actual facts.

As revealing as the joint press conference of Trump and Putin, is the interview Chris Wallace did with Putin. Putin is clearly not telling the truth at multiple points, particularly where he is asked about the mysterious deaths of multiple political opponents of his, which for al his obfuscating, he never denies.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Hop to:
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Forum Stats
3010 Members
14 Forums
65551 Topics
1187718 Posts

Max Online: 1242 @ Thu Mar 31 2016 02:41 PM
New Topics
Rudolph the controversial social justice warrior
by Wonder Boy
Who here thinks the French riots have anything to do with a gas tax?
by Pariah
George H.W. Bush dies at age 94
by Wonder Boy
Aquaman Final Trailer Breakdown: 10 New Secrets & Reveals
by the G-man
Holy Shit. Mego's back?
by the G-man
American killed by isolated tribal natives on island near India
by Wonder Boy
The endless list of Democrat crimes that go unpunished
by Wonder Boy
"Dust", documentary, 9-11-2001 first-responders' battle with cancer