Dust to Dust: The Health Effects of 9/11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_Kazg4ExnQ

I just saw an interview of the daughter of a firefighter who died of cancer, who is doing a more current documentary on the subject, about to be released, also titled "Dust".

This documentary was done in 2006, just 5 years after the fact. The new documentary will be current on the after-effects 17 years later. I tuned in mid-story, but if I read the statistic correctly, it is now 10,000 first-responders who worked in the toxic ruins and dust after 9-11 who have contracted cancer as a result of their work after 9-11.

When I was in college, I worked a few years as a security guard, and in training by police and fire professionals, they told us that in fires, the carpets and other household items are made of plastic, that when it burns becomes toxic smoke, and that more people die from smoke inhalation before they have a chance to die in a fire.

I don't know what could be done to protect first-responders in similar future situations. Possibly better filter masks, or even carrying their own oxygen.

Similarly, soldiers who fought in Iraq are contracting cancer, from explosions of chemical weapons caches, that put these toxic chemicals in the air. And no doubt, similarly affects the health of Iraq citizensa as well.