brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melania_Trump

Quote:

EARLY LIFE

Melanija Knavs was born in Novo Mesto, Slovenia (then part of Yugoslavia), on April 26, 1970.[9][10] Her father, Viktor Knavs (b. March 24, 1944), was from the nearby town of Radeče and managed car and motorcycle dealerships for a state-owned vehicle manufacturer.[11][12] Her mother Amalija (née Ulčnik) (b. July 9, 1945) came from the village of Raka and worked as a patternmaker at the children's clothing manufacturer Jutranjka in Sevnica.[13][14] As a child, Melania and other children of workers at the factory participated in fashion shows that featured children's clothing.[15] She has an older sister, Ines, who is an artist and her "longtime confidant",[16][17][18] and an older half-brother—whom she reportedly has never met—from her father's previous relationship.[19][20]

Knavs grew up in a modest apartment in a housing block in Sevnica, in the Lower Sava Valley.[2][21] Her father was in the League of Communists of Slovenia, which espoused a policy of state atheism.[22] As was common, however, he had his daughters secretly baptized as Catholics. When the Trumps met Pope Francis at the Vatican in 2017, Melania brought her rosary and asked the Pope to bless it.[23][24]

When Knavs was a teenager, she moved with her family to a two-story house in Sevnica.[25] As a high-school student, she lived in a high-rise apartment in Ljubljana. She attended the Secondary School of Design and Photography in Ljubljana[26] and studied architecture and design at the University of Ljubljana for one year before she dropped out.[27][28][29]

CAREER

She began modeling at five years old and started doing commercial work at sixteen when she posed for the Slovenian fashion photographer Stane Jerko.[30][31] When she began working as a model, she transcribed the Slovene version of her last name "Knavs" to the German version "Knauss".[32]

At eighteen, she signed with a modeling agency in Milan, Italy.[33] In 1992, she was named runner-up in the Jana Magazine "Look of the Year" contest, held in Ljubljana, which promised its top three contestants an international modeling contract.[9][34]

After attending the University of Ljubljana for one year,[35] she modeled for fashion houses in Paris and Milan, where in 1995 she met Metropolitan Models co-owner Paolo Zampolli, a friend of her future husband Donald Trump, who was on a scouting trip in Europe. Zampolli urged her to travel to the United States, where he said he would like to represent her.[15]

In 1996, Knauss moved to Manhattan.[15][34][33][36] Zampolli arranged for her to share an apartment with photographer Matthew Atanian in Zeckendorf Towers in Union Square.[15] She did 10 paid modeling jobs in the U.S. in the seven weeks before she received legal permission to work in the country.[6]

BUSINESS

In 2010, she launched her own line of jewelry, Melania Timepieces and Jewelry, for sale on QVC. She also marketed a Melania Skin Care Collection, sold in high-end department stores.[37] According to a financial filing in 2016, her businesses brought in between $15,000 and $50,000 in royalties that year.[38] In 2017, the two companies that manufactured her jewelry and skin care products under license said they had terminated their relationship with her.[39] On inauguration day her companies and products were listed in her official White House biography, but they were quickly removed.[40] A White House spokesperson said her companies are no longer active and "the First Lady has no intention of using her position for profit and will not do so."[39]

RELATIONSHIP WITH DONALD TRUMP

Early Relationship

In September 1998, she met real estate mogul Donald Trump at a party that Zampolli hosted at the Times Square nightclub the Kit Kat Club (now the Stephen Sondheim Theatre).[41] Trump and Marla Maples had been separated since May 1997, and he attended the party with Celina Midelfart. When Midelfart went off to use the restroom, Trump approached Knauss and asked for her telephone number. She took his phone number instead, and they subsequently began a relationship and frequented the 1990s Greenwich Village hot spot Moomba.[15][2][42] This account is disputed by author Nina Burleigh, who states Melania actually met Donald in 1996 while he was still married to Maples, and started referring to him as her "boyfriend" during that time.[43]

Melania continued her modeling career[15] with her American magazine cover shoots, including In Style Weddings,[44] New York Magazine, Avenue,[45] Philadelphia Style,[46] Vanity Fair,[47] and Vogue.[48] While they were dating, her family relocated to New York, where they lived for most of the year in 2015.[49]

In 1999, the couple gained attention after an interview on The Howard Stern Show. When she was asked by The New York Times what her role would be if Donald Trump were to become President, she replied: "I would be very traditional, like Betty Ford or Jackie Kennedy."[12][50]

In 2000, she appeared with Donald Trump while he campaigned for that year's Reform Party presidential nomination; she also modeled for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.[51][49]

Marriage

Knauss and Donald Trump became engaged in 2004. On January 22, 2005, they married in an Anglican service at The Episcopal Church of Bethesda-by-the-Sea in Palm Beach, Florida, followed by a reception in the ballroom at her husband's Mar-a-Lago estate.[52][53] The marriage was her first and his third. The event was attended by celebrities such as Katie Couric, Matt Lauer, Rudy Giuliani, Heidi Klum, Star Jones, P. Diddy, Shaquille O'Neal, Barbara Walters, Conrad Black, Regis Philbin, Simon Cowell, Kelly Ripa, then-Senator Hillary Clinton, and former president Bill Clinton.[53][54] At the reception, Billy Joel serenaded the crowd with "Just the Way You Are" and supplied new lyrics to the tune of "The Lady Is a Tramp".[53] The Trumps' wedding ceremony and reception were widely covered by the media.[36] She wore a $200,000 dress made by John Galliano of the house of Christian Dior.[53]

On March 20, 2006, she gave birth to their son, Barron William Trump.[55] She suggested his middle name, while her husband suggested his first name.[56]

2016 PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN

In November 2015, she was asked about her husband's presidential campaign and replied: "I encouraged him because I know what he will do and what he can do for America. He loves the American people and he wants to help them."[57] She played a relatively small role in her husband's campaign, which is atypical of spouses of presidential candidates.[58][59][60]

In 2016, she told CNN her focus as First Lady would be to help women and children. She also said she would combat cyberbullying, especially among children.[61]

In July 2016, her official website was redirected to trump.com. On Twitter, she stated that her site was outdated and did not "accurately reflect [her] current business and professional interests".[62]

I can't help thinking that Melania Trump is a rather accomplished First Lady. She speaks 5 languages. She is a first generation immigrant to the U.S., and the only woman in U.S. history to be a first-generation immigrant and become first lady. She was born in modest circumstances, and long before she ever met Trump, she immigrated to the U.S. and accomplished the American dream, earning her fortune as a model. And she is unquestionably the most fashionable first lady since Jacqueline Kennedy.

And I think if she were the wife of a Democrat president, she would get a lot more credit for these accomplishments, which are virtually unacknowledged by the 92% anti-Trump liberal media. If she were a Democrat, the media would be daily heaping praise on her as the first immigrant First Lady.
If she were a Democrat.

As cited above, and more I didn't list, she is viciously attacked, and even her profile includes unconfirmed rumors intended to diminish what she has accomplished.

And even so, she polls as very popular. Like most first ladies, her approval numbers are higher than her president husband's.

Just thought I'd acknowledge what no one in the media seems to. That Melania Trump was an accomplished woman before she met Donald Trump, and before she became first lady. And as a first-generation immigrant First Lady, she is an inspiration and a manifestation of what is uniquely possible in the United States.

I also like that despite Melania Trump being a former model and celebrity wife before moving into the White House, she seems like a modest person who prefers her private time with her son and family, and would prefer not to be a First Lady in the national spotlight. That is an interesting contrast with husband Trump, who seems to enjoy the media spectacle.

Regardless, it's remarkable how Melania Trump's accomplishments go virtually unreported. And even so, she is an accomplished First Lady.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Online Cool
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Her first action to combat cyber bullying was to try to get her husband off Twitter.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

\:lol\:

Her birthday is April 26th, the same as mine.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

She also looks damn nice in a tight-fitting dress.

Wonder Boy #1229198 2019-07-14 11:41 AM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

From back when the media loved Donald and Melania Trump, this CNN Larry King interview of the just-married couple from 2005:

Donald and Melania Trump as newlyweds (2005 CNN Larry King Live full interview)

I think in the year leading up to the election, the Trump campaign should run ads of clips like this, of:
1) how the media adored and gushed over Trump and Melania up until he became a 2016 candidate, and then did a vindicvtive reversal of their coverage. And
2) The many hypocritical examples where the media held Trump to a standard on various issues where Obama and other Dems were/are held to a completely different standard, such as Obama's imprisonment of child illegals in cages in 2014, and separation of apprehended illegal families in 2014-2016. That ironically Trump is demonized for, but in truth Trump found inhumane in the preceding administration and tried to fix.

Melania is a self-made millionaire fashion model, but (unlike Michelle Obama) no fashion magazine will photograph or cover her, out of political partisanship, where they don't want to give any coverage that will reflect favorably on Melania, or glamorize or humanize President Trump himself by association.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
The 2nd trophy wife always has a rougher time, lol. I don't bear any bad will to her compared to the animosity some republicans have shown to Michelle and really stopped paying attention to Melania after her "I don't care" jacket. After letting that fat ugly orange turd crawl on her enough to produce a child I think she really didn't need to make a jacket statement. It's pretty apparent that she doesn't care.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
The 2nd trophy wife always has a rougher time, lol. I don't bear any bad will to her compared to the animosity some republicans have shown to Michelle and really stopped paying attention to Melania after her "I don't care" jacket. After letting that fat ugly orange turd crawl on her enough to produce a child I think she really didn't need to make a jacket statement. It's pretty apparent that she doesn't care.

Re: "Fat ugly orange turd...", "crawl on her long enough to produce a child..." gee M E M, how could anyone think you were bitter or viciously lashing out?

Melania Trump is Trump's third wife, after Marla Maples (2nd), and Ivanna Trump (1st).

And "trophy wife" implies that she just looks good and has no achievements. As Melania makes clear in the interview, she was wealthy before she met Trump, by her own acheivements as a highly paid fashion model. She isn't riding on Trump's coat-tails, she earned it herself.

If people dislike Michelle Obama, it's because she, like Obama himself, is a cultural marxist revolutionary, with some very hostile racist views toward whites.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-bad-company-of-barack-obama/
and
http://archive.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=2311 (DiscoverTheNetworks listing for Michelle Obama)

We (speaking for conservative Republicans) dislike the Obamas for their ideological views and specific actions that are divisive and destructive to the nation.
Whereas your side personally insults the Trumps and other Republicans, and slanders them based on nothing factual. Because you dislike their policics, you don't merely disagree with them, you try to slander, discredit, mischaracterize and destroy them. The funniest thing Democrats like to do at protests is chant "shame, shame.." at Republicans. Which I find incredibly ironic, because it is the Democrats who consistently stoop to the vilest tactics, and demonstrate absolutely no shame.

As is the case certainly of Democrat attacks on Melania Trump. This is a woman who came to the U.S. penniless as an immigrant, built her own fortune as a model, who is a loving mother, who is an immigrant, who speaks five languages, who is involved in benevolent causes and not politics. And yet you and other Democrats can't bring yourselves to say one nice thing about her.

I would compare Melania Trump to Laura Bush (a librarian and advocate of literacy), in that she is just an advocate for good causes and has her own achievements outside of her husband's.
Whereas Michelle Obama is more in the template of Hillary Clinton, both women are lawyers is deeply political, just like their husbands Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, and share their Cultural Marxist radical ideology. And both Hillary and Michelle Obama continue to make incendiary and deeply divisive public comments. If Michelle Obama is hated, she has absolutely earned it.

Wonder Boy #1229210 2019-07-15 11:40 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Obama unlike Trump was elected by popular vote twice with no help from Putin. Even after all this time I don't really understand the cultural Marxist label but you have no problem with Trump's lies and shady connections. You have an edge here as I really don't hate Melania and won't spend the time attacking her like you do when the First Lady is a democrat. Btw I thought Trump was awful when he was a democrat and a reality show star.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Obama unlike Trump was elected by popular vote twice with no help from Putin. Even after all this time I don't really understand the cultural Marxist label but you have no problem with Trump's lies and shady connections. You have an edge here as I really don't hate Melania and won't spend the time attacking her like you do when the First Lady is a democrat. Btw I thought Trump was awful when he was a democrat and a reality show star.

AGAIN: The Putin slander has been completely disproven by FOUR federal investigations. You don't seriously believe Putin caused Trump to be elected. Hillary Clinton had a 2 billion dollar campaign, vs. Trimp's 600 million campaign. And the Russians invested about $100,000 on internet ads, that someone had to click on to even see. Tucker Carlson said that the average car dealership spends more on ads than the Russians did in the 2016 election.

Pure Democrat slander.

And as the above Larry King interview from 2005 demonstrates, the majority of Democrats and the liberal media gusshed over Trump, right up to the day he announced he was running for president. At which point he became the ultimate evil for Democrats.
Same with Mitt Romney.
Same with McCain.

I see a pattern here. Democrats so prone to slander that they consistently demonize the most bipartisan and moderate people the Republicans offer. I've said it before, that Trump is definitely someone Democrats could work with and get a lot of what they want, but they would rather spite him, just to deny him any accomplishments or victories.

Regarding disliking first ladies, Melania Trump is not ideological, whereas Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton are deeply committed Cultural Marxist revolutionaries. If you don't understand what that means, just read the profiles I've linked of each many times.

I have an intense dislike for Hillary Clinton for the damage she's done to the country, and for the maany people whose lives she's ruined, just because they got in her way. Travelgate is a good example. She fired and deeply slandered innocent people who were apolitical and honorable, just so she could give their jobs to political cronies. Early in her career she defended a rapist and got him off knowong he was guilty, and gloated and laughed about it. Was fired by Watergate investigators in 1973, and was so unethical and vile even to the Demcorats she worked for that they wouldn't give her a job recommendation after that.

As for Michelle Obama, this article early on shaped my opinion of her.

Quote:
So, instead, we get glimpses. The most profound influence in his life, his wife Michelle, is notoriously less circumspect than her careful husband about where she's coming from. Her college thesis, which Princeton tried to keep under lock and key, testifies to a race-obsessed worldview. She may have refined it, but she's never grown out of it.

After four years at one of America's most esteemed academic institutions, Michelle recoiled at the thought of "further integration and/or assimilation into a white cultural and social structure that will only allow me to remain on the periphery of society; never becoming a full participant." That the sky has been the limit for her, that she has managed to ride the "periphery" from Princeton to Harvard Law School, to one of the country's top law firms, and to a plethora of prestigious institutional positions, has not much altered her perspective. Through the windows of her mansion on Chicago's south side, American society still appears as a caste system.

The United States, she says, is "just downright mean." Never, prior to her husband's presidential run, had she had a reason to feel proud of it, she told a campaign throng. But by last November, with Barack's pursuit of the brass ring catching momentum, she suddenly got plenty proud. And confident: so much so that she was moved to tell MSNBC, "Black America will wake up and get it" -- unite and carry him over the finish line.

Someone who is ideologically poisonous and dangerous in a position of power. Fortunately she was only the first lady, where she was mostly limited to charity events and couldn't do as much damage.

I don't have the same animosity toward Democrat first ladies like Lady Bird Johnson or Rose Carter. Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama are a different breed, deeply ideological, deeply radicalized, and dangerous in positions of power.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I just finished reading this editorial by Supreme Court justice Neil Gorsuch's wife.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/louise-gorsuch-american-citizen

I was unaware till now she was a former British citizen who came to the U.S. after marrying Gorsuch, and became naturalized in 2002.
Like Melania Trump, she is an immigrant, who came to this country and now is married to one of the most powerful men in America.

It occurs to me that many immigrants are among the most enthusiastic about our nation's ideals and what it has to offer. The newest converts are among its most heartfelt advocates.

Dinesh D'Souza is another example. Any of his books attest to his advocacy for the U.S. as arguably the greatest nation in history, and vital to inspiring and spreading the same ideals and freedoms to the rest of the world.

Stuart Varney of Fox Business News is another British national who immigrated to the United States. On many occasions he has said: "I'm a refugee from European socialism."

I've dated many immigrant girls, from Germany, France, Spain, Poland, Venezuela, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, the Phillipines, India, Iran, Morocco, Cuba, and other places.
The girl I dated from Poland in 1992 previously lived in Germany, France and Switzerland before she came to the United States. Despite that she was as blonde and blue-eyes as the people of any of those nations, she said that the U.S. was the first country she lived in where she felt people welcomed her and didn't treat her like a foreigner.

My most recent girlfriend from Brazil said that she was ready to leave Brazil and wanted to come to the U.S. for many years before she finally did in 2001. I met her in 2006, and even in those early years, she said she no longer feels like a Brazilian, she sees herself as an American.

A friend of mine named Fernando, who I met when he had a comics and toy store, and later was a promoter of Star trek conventions, told me in 2001 that he was a 10 year old kid who came reluctantly in 1980 with his parents to the U.S., and for many years saw himself as a Cuban national living in the U.S.
After 9-11-2001, he expressed rage "that someone would do this to my country." And in that mindset without even knowing it, that this was now his country, not Cuba, and without even realizing it had ceased to be Cuban and had become an American.

Reading Mrs. Gorsuch's account of her experience reminded me of so many similar accounts I've listened to from immigrant friends and girlfriends over the last 30 years. I live in a part of the country that is very international, so I meet people here from virtually everywhere in the world, from Europe to Russia to China to Iraq to Eritrea to Bangladesh. I think it takes incredible courage to leave your country and language and culture, to immigrate and take up permanent residence in another culture. I can't help admiring those who are willing to leave what they know behind, to immigrate here, and become one of us.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Another interview of Trump, this one, astonishingly by centerpiece of the liberal media Dan Rather for 60 Minutes, from a 1999 bid by Trump for the Reform Party nomination (the Reform Party was the dying remnants of Ross Perot's third party from the 1992 and 1996 elections, that Pat Buchanan got the nomination for in 2000, Buchanan's last presidential run, in a time I didn't support him). Melania is also in the segment, as his girlfriend, not yet Trump's wife until 2005.

Dan Rather Interviews Donald Trump (& Melania), 1999

My impression is, in 1999 Trump was testing the water to get a better understanding of how to run a successful presidential campaign, what his negatives and vulnerabilities would be, and how to overcome them.
In 2015-2016, Trump entered prepared, with a determination to win. I've met two real estate agents who know Trump, one of whom didn't like him but still admired his ability, and they said he would never have entered and campaigned in 2015 if he wasn't fully prepared and confident he could win.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

A short biography of Melania Trump, beginning with her earliest years in Slovenia, beginning her modeling career, then once established coming to the U.S., meeting Trump and marrying, up through the 2016 campaign. A pretty good brief overview of her life.

The Stunning Transformation Of Melania Trump

Wonder Boy #1229866 2019-10-08 10:50 PM
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

Another interview of Trump, this one, astonishingly by centerpiece of the liberal media Dan Rather for 60 Minutes, from a 1999 bid by Trump for the Reform Party nomination (the Reform Party was the dying remnants of Ross Perot's third party from the 1992 and 1996 elections, that Pat Buchanan got the nomination for in 2000, Buchanan's last presidential run, in a time I didn't support him). Melania is also in the segment, as his girlfriend, not yet Trump's wife until 2005.

Dan Rather Interviews Donald Trump (& Melania), 1999

My impression is, in 1999 Trump was testing the water to get a better understanding of how to run a successful presidential campaign, what his negatives and vulnerabilities would be, and how to overcome them.
In 2015-2016, Trump entered prepared, with a determination to win. I've met two real estate agents who know Trump, one of whom didn't like him but still admired his ability, and they said he would never have entered and campaigned in 2015 if he wasn't fully prepared and confident he could win.

Dirty Dan was throwing Trump softballs back then because he thought Trump might get a third-party nomination and derail the eventual Republican nominee

the G-man #1229870 2019-10-09 1:16 PM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

That's an insightful prespective.

Trump was still at that time a registered Democrat and friend of the Clintons, but in any case he wasn't a threat to the Democrat nominee.

The liberal media loved Perot and his third-party candidacy when it split the Republican vote, allowing Bill Clinton to win in 1992 (with 43% of the vote) and again in 1996.
This interview was in 1999, before the Dems suddenly rationalized their candidate lost because of third-party candidates in 2000 and again in 2004, and now use that rationalization again for 2016.

And really, presidential elections are only legitimate now when Democrats win. Regardless of the conspiracy used to rationalize why Democrats lost.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Jay Leno, with Donald Trump, Dec 7 1999

Another Donald Trump interview, this time pre-Melania, from December 1999. His views 20 years ago are remarkably the same as his views today, and yet the media freaks out now that he says the same things, whereas media pundits loved him back then.

As I said above, it seems like he was putting himself out there to be vetted without actually running at that point, to see what vulnerabilities he would have as a candidate. His views of Pat Buchanan are pretty funny, although views I don't share, having read 6 of Buchanan's books. Ironic, because Trump campaigned and won on precisely the same stances as Buchanan championed since 1992, 7 years before this interview. And watching both Trump and Buchanan interviewed, I never got the impression either was not a supporter of the other.

Wonder Boy #1230527 2019-12-28 10:08 PM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Donald Trump on Letterman, 1986-87

Going even further in the wayback machine, two more interviews by David Letterman, the first 5 minutes from 1986, where Letterman made an impromptu visit to Trump at his office in Trump Tower.

Then from 1987, Trump appears on Letterman's show and is interviewed at length. In both, Letterman is adoring of Trump. This from Letterman, who has become an extreme (and mean!) Democrat partisan, going after Sarah Palin and her daughters and so forth in the most vicious of ways.

But here, until Trump became a Republican, he is still the darling of liberal pundits like Letterman.

And Trump once again is consistent in his views, what he says here 30myears ago is again pretty much what he campaigned on in 2016.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Some breathtaking aerial photos of Melania Trump's home country of Slovenia :

https://travelslovenia.org/jure-korber-photography/

Link Copied to Clipboard