Next Thread
Print Thread
PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Keller's 'real-time' report).

(1) ASUKA & KAIRI SANE vs. NIKKI CROSS & ALEXA BLISS – WWE Women’s Tag Team Title match

Augmented reality graphics appeared of Asuka’s masks as Gronk and Mojo made noise from their platform. They showed Cole and JBL on the screen. Nothing really hugely different in the set other than a gigantic WrestleMania logo to the left of the stage at ringside. It looks like what they hang from the roof in arenas. After some action at ringside, Kairi and Asuka controlled Nikki in the ring. Bliss tagged in, but Asuka and Kairi worked her over, too. Nikki then got a hot-tag and leaped at Kairi for a two count. Kairi raked the eyes of Nikki as Asuka distracted the ref. (What if the ref saw it? What would happen? A good scolding?) Asuka tagged back in and worked over Nikki with rapid-fire strikes, but Nikki blocked her and gave her a neck breaker. Kairi broke up the pin with a top rope elbow. Asuka put Nikki in a sleeper seconds later. Bliss landed a Twisted Bliss to break it up. Sane then hit Bliss. All four were down. Asuka and Kairi double-teamed Cross on the top rope, leading to Sane hitting Nikki with a flying forearm to knock her off of Asuka’s shoulders for a believable near fall. Asuka and Kairi yelled in frustration. Nikki tagged in Bliss, who landed Twisted Bliss on Kairi’s legs and then scored a three count. Cole said that was Nikki’s best performance yet in a WWE ring.

WINNERS: Bliss & Cross in 15:00 to capture the WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles. (**1/2)

A solid match, though, with good execution and solid pacing. Opening with a title change is probably good. Maybe the match would have been better trimmed by around 3-5 minutes as it’s just tough without a crowd to work the same type of match that would otherwise work in front of a crowd.

(2) KING CORBIN vs. ELIAS

Corbin did some arrogant mic work. Elias came out. C0le acted surprised Elias was cleared to fight. He beat up Corbin at ringside. The ref asked Corbin could go. When Corbin stood, she called for the bell. Cole said some people have compared JBL to Corbin. JBL said he was flattered. Cole listed some bad traits. JBL said he was thinking more about the athleticism. Cole said Corbin is a better athlete than JBL. Corbin took over control shortly into the match. JBL said Elias’s injuries are catching up to him. Corbin complained to the ref about not counting fast enough. She told him to get back to the match and stop complaining. Elias took over until a throat strike. Corbin put a leg on the middle rope to gain illegal leverage. The ref scolded him. As he complained, Elias rolled him up for the three count.

WINNER: Elias in 9:00. (*1/4)

Does Elias win the 24/7 Title by scoring the three count with a roll-up? That was what you’d have expected it to be… unless you were optimistic it’d be really good. Most of energy came from Corbin yelling at the ref over and over. Elias’s rarely heard theme music played after he won. It’s so strange that someone with so much TV time has theme music so unfamiliar to our ears.

(3) BECKY LYNCH vs. SHAYNA BASZLER – WWE Raw Women’s Title match

Becky drove up to the venue in her semi-truck. Then Baszler’s ring entrance took place. I was thinking this would be the final match on night one. The bell rang and they circled each other, then they swung at each other and slapping noises could be heard. Baszler quickly went for a Kirafuda Clutch, but Becky jumped through the ropes. Baszler went after he at ringside and rammed her into the ringside steps. Becky took over and landed a flying dropkick. She kicked away at Baszler in the corner. They fought on the ring apron a few minutes in. Becky slammed Baszler onto the ring apron edge. She climbed to the top rope. Baszler kicked Becky off balance and yanked her hard to the mat. Baszler applied a Disarm Her, but Becky rolled out of it. Baszler kneed Becky and scored a two count. She applied a Kirafuda Clutch in the ropes, but had to break right before the five count. Baszler swung Becky by her legs into the ring apron. Then she applied the Kirafuda Clutch in the ring. Becky flipped over and bridged Baszler’s shoulders down for the three count.

WINNER: Lynch in 9:00 to retain the Raw Women’s Title. (**3/4)

I’m not sure this is the setting to crown new babyface champions, but I don’t think it works as much against a heel winning. Curious how they get Baszler going again since that was a pretty clean loss. It was intense and good from the very start.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo Forum- Come for the games...stay for TEH DRAMA!!!
PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
(4) SAMI ZAYN (w/Shinsuke Nakamura, Cesaro) vs. DANIEL BYRAN (w/Drew Gulak)

Bryan came out first and was cheered by Mojo and Gronk from the platform. Then Sami made his entrance. Cole said Sami might be the most annoying man in the history of WWE. Chaos early with Cesaro, Nakamura, and Sami all playing mind games early and creating distractions. Cole said you have to wonder when frustration is going to set in for Bryan. Lots of noise early from those at ringside. Cole said he had to expect this was going to happen, though. Sami bailed out of the ring and crawled away. Bryan chased after him, but Nakamura and Cesaro blocked him. Drew leaped off the ring apron and knocked Cesaro and Nakamura over. He backdropped a charging Cesaro over the barricade. He knocked Nakamura over the barricade, too. Sami and Gulak faced off at ringside. When Sami tried to retreat and get counted out, Bryan chased him down and tackled him, then dragged him by his hair back into the ring. Sami made a pitch to Bryan that this wasn’t supposed to happen and he should just join them. Bryan mounted Sami and punched away at him. Bryan seemed amused. Sami caught Bryan with an elbow and took over. He punched away at Bryan’shead and then landed a hard leaping clothesline. He recovered a bit and yelled in pain and also excitement over finally taking over. JBL said he’s never heard anyone talk as much as Sami during a match. Bryan came back with his own clothesline and then a series of Yes kicks a minute later. JBL called it “a full on assault.” As Drew chanted “Yes!” Nakamura and Cesaro attacked him and threw him into the steps. Bryan dove through the ropes and tackled them. He then climbed to the top rope and leaped, but Sami caught caught him out of mid-air with a Helluva Kick for a three count. Cole credited Cesaro and Nakamura for giving Sami the edge. JBL said Sami is the ultimate survivalist.

WINNER: Sami in 10:00 to retain the IC Title. (**1/4)

Solid match, but it wasn’t aiming to be a classic or anything. Lots of energy generated by the wrestlers at ringside and a lot of yelling by Sami. Bryan seemed genuinely amused by Sami’s antics at times. I’m glad to see Sami keep the IC Title as he needed a big win to gain some credibility, although it might also be a sign WWE sees Bryan looking at exiting by the end of the year when his contract expires.

(5) JOHN MORRISON vs. KOFI KINGSTON vs. JIMMY USO – Ladder Match for the Raw Tag Team Titles

They each set up ladders mid-ring early. Uso took an early spill and sold a leg injury. Morrison beat him down as soon as he stood, then turned back to Kofi. A few minutes in, Uso went for a suplex on Morrison while the ladder was bridged in the corner, but Morrison blocked it and landed Starship Pain on Uso on the ladder. A few minutes later Morrison landed a Spanish Fly on Kofi. Kofi and Uso climbed a ladder mid-range minute later. Kofi knocked Uso to the mat and then climbed the ladder higher. He got his hand on the belts, but Morrison met him up there. The knocked each other over. Kofi kicked Morrison out of the ring to the floor, then blocked Uso jabbing him with the ladder. The ladder was bridged from the middle rope to the other ladder mid-ring. Uso threw Kofi face-first into the ladder. Kofi took a hell of a bump. Morrison leaped off the ladder at Uso, but Uso kicked him out of mid-air. Uso then set up a ladder in the corner and looked at Morrison who was lying on a bridged ladder. Morrison popped up and tipped Uso off the ladder to ringside. All three ended up climbing ladders mid-ring and all three pulled the title belts down. JBL said he’s never seen that. Uso headbutted Morrison off the ladder and he bumped onto the bridged ladder, then rolled to the mat with the belts in his arms, so Morrison technically won. Cole called it an incredible ladder match that stole the show. JBL touted how amazing it was, too.

WINNER: Morrison in 19:00 to retain the Smackdown Tag Team Titles for him and Miz. (***1/4)

Nicely done, all in all. Three good athletes kept the pace up and took some big bumps without go overboard with diminishing returns. The highlight of the night so far, but I’d rather come to that conclusion myself as a viewer rather than have Cole and JBL be quite so heavy-handed with their immediate declaration of how great it was.

"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
(6) SETH ROLLINS vs. KEVIN OWENS

KO took early control at ringside and tossed Seth into the ringside barricade. Owens set up a powerbomb on the ring apron, but Seth backdropped out of it and took over. He gave KO a Falcon Arrow on the ring apron. Seth tackled KO with a running dive through the ropes, then yelled at him. “I warned you what happens when the lights are brightest, Kevin,” he said. “I become a god.” He dove at KO again and then said he’s making it too easy. He said he’s a disappointment and asked what his kids are going to think of him. Back in the ring Seth landed a slingblade. A couple minutes later they went back and forth mid-ring. Both went down, but KO got the better of it. “Come on, god!” KO said as he set up Seth for a superplex. Seth escaped with a sunset flip buckle bomb in the opposite corner. He landed two quick superkicks and then went for a Stomp, but KO hit a Pop-up Powerbomb for a two count. Both were slow to get up. KO pursued Seth at ringside. Seth hit KO in the head with the ring bell. The ref DQ’d Seth. KO was declared the winner. KO’s music began playing as Seth smiled. Phillips said Seth was a trying to intentionally get himself DQ’d.

KO took the mic and yelled, “Seth, no no no. It won’t end this way. I thought at WrestleMania you were god. Those weren’t the actions of a god, those were the actions of a little bitch.” He told him to finish it once and for all with a no DQ stipulation. Seth agreed to it.

Seth went after KO a ringside. He asked the ref, “I can’t do whatever I want?” He picked up the ringside steps and bashed KO in the head with it. (That was nasty and unacceptably stiff. Maybe they added a sound effect and it wasn’t as bad as it looked.) Seth then bashed KO with a chair across his back and shoulder. Seth tore apart the announce table as they replayed the chairshots. Then KO bashed Seth with the ring bell himself. The he hit him with the wood base of the bell, too flush in the head. KO plead off of the WrestleMania sign with a flying elbow drop onto Seth on the announce table. “How’s this for a WrestleMania Moment?” asked KO before he leaped. Seth gasped for air and moaned in pain. Back in the ring, Seth told KO he’s done enough. KO kicked him in the gut and gave him a Stunner, then scored a three count. “Kevin Owens has burned it down at WrestleMania,” Phillips said. They replayed it from a few angles.

WINNER: Owens in 17:00. (***)

This was as good as you’d expect these two to produce under these circumstances. That big move off the sign was a great visual, and I’m glad they finished it right afterward in the ring with a Stunner.

(7) GOLDBERG vs. BRAUN STROWMAN – Universal Title match

Braun came out first. Cole called it an incredible opportunity tonight. JBL said this is one of the best opportunities he’ll have. No mention of Roman Reigns here, which is just bizarre. It’s like they’re mad at him and pretending he never existed. Goldberg walked out of his locker room with the Universal Title over his shoulder and a gray beard growing in. JBL compared him to George Foreman, Muhammed Ali, and The Rock as one of the greatest of all time because he made a comeback and won big. Goldberg was chomping on gum during his ring entrance. He let out a big yell. Braun didn’t flinch. JBL said, “Don’t blink, neither of these men get paid by the hour.” They trash-talked mid-ring. Goldberg got in the first kick to the gut. Strowman side-stepped him and picked him up and set up a running powerslam. Goldberg slipped out and speared Braun. Then he hit a second spear. Braun got up. He hit a third spear. Braun kicked out. (Not as big of a moment without a crowd pop.) Goldberg waited for Braun to stand, then speared him a fourth time. He stomped the mat and let out a yell. Cole said Goldberg “is in a zone here at WrestleMania.” Braun countered a Jackhammer attempt into a powerslam. Then a second powerslam. “Just bomb after bomb after bomb,” said JBL. And a third powerslam. Cole said Braun was man-handling the Universal Champion. Braun then hit a running powerslam for the 1-2-3. Strowman showed real fire as he yelled “This is my time!” and his music played.

WINNER: Braun Strowman in 3:00 to capture the Universal Title.

You knew that’d be quick, and it was just a matter of who would win quickly. You have to wonder if that was essentially the script for a Roman Reigns win if he had participated. I get moving on from Goldberg, but it does seem now that Reigns won’t have that Goldberg moment to add to his list. Although at this point, who knows if Roman even ever existed, right? I think the crowd would have popped for Strowman beating Goldberg like that, if there was a crowd.

PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
(8) UNDERATAKER vs. A.J. STYLES – Boneyard Match

A hearse backed into a graveyard. Druids opened a casket out of the back and out popped Styles. He was all smiles and said it was a great ride and it wan’t scary at all. He yelled out for Undertaker and said he was ready. He heard a motorcycle in the background. They added “Now That We’re Dead” by Mteallkica as Taker drove up with multiple camera angles of his arrival on a road outside the graveyard. Styles smiled and rubbed his hands together with anticipation as Taker walked into the graveyard. Styles said, “Come on, old man, let’s see what you’ve got.” They kept with music in the background that gave it a cinematic fight scene vibe. Taker called him “Allen” and asked, “Where are you going, son?” They added sound effects for punches like in TV and movies. He threw an elbow at Styles against a car window. Styles ducked and Taker cut his arm on the window. He threw Styles onto the windshield next. Taker told Styles, crawling on the roof, “There’s nowhere else to go, son.” Taker knocked Styles into a grave. He looked down and asked how it feels down there. Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows showed up. Anderson said, “We’re just getting started!” Taker walked over to them. Then there were suddenly bright lights behind a fence.

Druids showed up and pushed over the fence. Taker said, “If we’re going to do this, let’s do it.” He fended off the druids, but was overwhelmed by Anderson and Gallows. Taker fought back with a handle of a shovel. Styles then hit Taker from behind and crashed a vase over his head. Styles beat on Taker, then told him to just give up and retire “and let me bury you.” Styles speared Taker through a fence. Taker moaned in pain. “You just don’t have it anymore, old man,” Styles said. Then sad music played as Taker sat up, gasping for breath. Styles called him a broken shell of what he used to be. Styles said Taker isn’t a American Badass, he’s a broken down old bitch. Styles broke a shovel across the back of Undertaker, who then fell into the grave. Styles dropped dirt over him and said, “Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.” Styles started up a digger and was about to pour dirt on Taker, but Taker showed up behind him. Cue the dramatic comeback music. Styles got wide-eyed as Taker punched him to the ground. Taker raised his arms as Styles tried to run and suddenly there were flashes of light. Styles ran to a roof. Taker fought off Anderson and Gallows on the roof. He gave Anderson a Tombstone on the roof, then chokeslammed Styles off the roof. The back of Styles’s head crashed through some wood boards.

Taker walked over to Styles and asked if he remembers his wife’s name. He leaned over and said, “Why don’t you tell me how old you are? Hurt my legacy? Stay with me, boy. I’m not done yet. We’re just getting started.” He dragged Styles up by his arm, but Styles was just out of it. Taker lifted Styles and carried him over to the grave. Styles said he’s sorry. Taker asked him to tell him what he’s sorry for. He leaned over and said, “Your ribs hurt, don’t they?” Styles begged Taker, “Don’t bury me.” Taker picked up Styles and asked if he still thinks he’s an old man. Styles said, “I’m sorry.” Taker said he put up a hell of a fight. Taker said he just fought his ass off. He cradled him in his arms and appeared to be showing signs of respect. “There’s a lot of people who haven’t given me that kind of a fight. We’re good, brother.” Taker turned his back and began to walk away. Then he kicked Styles in the chest and sent him into the grave. Styles was flat on his back in the Elias position as Taker stared down at him. Taker started up a dirt digger and poured dirt over Styles’s body. His gong sounded. He got off the vehicle and wiped away some weeds and a gravestone said, “A.J. Styles: Rest in Peace: 1997-2020.” Taker limped away, picking up his head scarfs and putting it on, then riding away on his motorcycle. Metallica played again as Taker sped off and a graphic plugged part two of WrestleMania tomorrow night.

WINNER: Undertaker.

That was really really well done for what they were going for. It’s so far off the beaten path of what pro wrestling is, but if you are willing to accept under these circumstances and with the Taker gimmick something out of the ordinary, that was well produced and satisfying.

PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
Results courtesy of ProWrestling.net (direct link to Powell's real-time report).

1. Rhea Ripley vs. Charlotte Flair for the NXT Championship.

Tom Phillips and Byron Saxton were on commentary. Flair entered first and then a video package spotlighted the built to the match before Ripley made her entrance. Mike Rome delivered in-ring introductions for the title match. Flair took Ripley down, stood up, and said, “This is our NXT Champion.”

Flair teased an early figure four attempt, but Ripley kicked her away. Flair fired a few chops at Ripley, who shot her into the corner. Flair went upside down in the corner and was kicked by Ripley, who followed up with her Riptide finisher for a near fall. Flair rolled to ringside to regroup while Ripley jawed at her from the ring.

Ripley went to ringside and chased Flair back inside the ring. Flair attacked Ripley, who came back with a kick from her back and then dragged Flair to the floor. Flair shoved Ripley toward the ring steps, but Ripley climbed the steps and did a somersault from the steps onto Flair and then rolled her back inside the ring. Ripley threw a dropkick, then delivered repeated shoulder blocks in the corner.

Ripley suplexed Flair and covered her for a two count. Ripley put Flair in a body scissors and eventually rolled her into a pin for another two count. Flair rolled to the apron. Ripley went for a big boot, but Flair avoided it and then wrenched Ripley’s leg over the top rope. Flair went to work on Ripley’s knee.

Ripley cried out in agony while selling her knee as Flair continued to work it. Flair pulled Ripley to the corner and slammed her left knee into the ring post twice. Ripley used her legs to pull Flair face first into the ring post. Ripley struggled to get to her feet, then Flair gave her a chop block to the back of her bad knee. Flair set up for a suplex, but Ripley reversed it and slammed Flair face down to the mat.

Flair got back to her feet and said she never stops or gives up. Ripley ducked a Flair chop and then threw a couple of right knees at Flair’s head. Ripley threw a rough looking kick, then followed up with a good one and a dropkick to a kneeling Flair. Ripley yelled as she hit her bad knee. Ripley threw three short-arm clotheslines. Flair tossed Ripley over the top rope and onto the apron, then kicked her bad knee out from under her.

Flair went up top, but Ripley returned and cut her off. Ripley performed a face first slam for a near fall. Ripley clutched at her knee while Flair held her ribs. Flair caught Ripley with an elbow and then blasted her with a forearm in the corner. Ripley avoided Flair going after he knee and hit her with an elbow to the head. Ripley hit Flair with a missile dropkick for a two count at 13:30.

Flair caught a charging Ripley with a kick in the corner, then performed another chop block. Flair targeted the knee while Saxton said it was classic strategy perfected by her father Ric Flair. Charlotte went for a figure four, but Ripley rolled her over and threw kicks to her abdomen, then applied a standing cloverleaf. Flair used her hands to move toward the ropes, but Ripley pulled her back into the middle of the ring. Flair rolled Ripley over and kicked her.

Flair went for a figure four, but Ripley used three kicks to make her release her leg. Flair rolled up Ripley, who kicked out at two. Flair applied a Boston Crab at 16:30. Ripley countered into a pin, then Ripley rolled her over. They continued to reverse positions and get two counts and both women were on the mat at 17:00.

Flair got up first and put the boots to Ripley’s bad knee. Ripley got to her feet and surprised Flair with a big kick that led to a two count. Ripley and Flair ended up in the corner where they traded blows. Ripley placed Flair on the top rope in a seated position and then hit her. Ripley went to the second rope, threw several punches to Flair’s back, and then went for a superplex, but Flair avoided it and dropped Ripley to the mat just before 19:00.

Flair went for a moonsault, but Ripley put her boots up. Flair got up and speared Ripley for a near fall. Flair went for a figure four, but Ripley countered into an inside cradle for a two count. Flair got up and applied the figure four, then bridged into the figure eight. Ripley tapped out…

Charlotte Flair defeated Rhea Ripley in 20:30 to win the NXT Women’s Championship.

A very good match that was there with last night’s Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins for my personal favorite thus far. I was surprised to see them open the show and even more surprised that they went 20 minutes in an empty venue. I can’t say that I care for the outcome because Ripley was on the rise and Flair doesn’t need the NXT Women’s Championship, but hopefully they have something good in mind for Ripley coming out of this. If nothing else, I guess this means NXT gets a little star power while Flair holds the title.

2. Aleister Black vs. Bobby Lashley (w/Lana).

Phillips and Saxton were on the call for the Raw brand match. Lashley wore tights rather than his usual trunks. Lashley by overpowered Black during the opening minute. Lashley charged at Black, who held the rope down, causing Lashley to fall to the floor. When Lashley tried to return, Black caught him with a kick. Black went for a moonsault from the middle rope, but Lashley avoided it and then performed an overhead release suplex on the floor.

Lashley ran Black back-first into the barricade, then rolled him back inside the ring and covered him for a two count. Lashley had a run of offensive moves, including a neckbreaker. Lashley went for a suplx, but Black hit him with a knee to the head to break it up. Rinse and repeat, only Lashley dropped Black on the apron the second time. Black caught Black with a powerslam and got a two count at 4:30.

Lashley suplexed Black and covered him for a two count. Lana barked at the referee about his count and told him to do his job. Lashley went for a spear, but Black caught him with a knee to the head and covered him for a two count. Black threw a series of strikes, which included sweeping the legs out from under Lashley. Black sent Lashley to the floor and then moonsaulted onto him from the middle rope.

Black rolled Lashley back inside the ring where Lashley caught him with a running cross body block. Lashley clotheslined Black and then got another two count. Lana climbed onto the top step. Lashley hoisted up Black for a move, but Lana called for him to do something else. Lashley dropped Black and then went for a spear, but Black tagged him with a Black Mass Kick and scored the pin. After the match, Lashley glared at his storyline wife…

Aleister Black defeated Bobby Lashley in 7:20.

This went longer than I expected and it turned out to be a solid undercard match. I assume that Lana giving Lashley bad advice is the beginning of the end for their storyline marriage.

3. Otis vs. Dolph Ziggler (w/Sonya Deville).

Cole and JBL called the match. Ziggler dodged a charging Otis to start. Otis got his hands on him and roughed him up, then splashed him. Otis went for another splash, but Ziggler avoided it and superkicked Otis, who tumbled to ringside. Back inside the ring, Ziggler dropkicked Otis and got a two count. Cole said Tucker was injured when Ziggler gave him a Zigzag on the steps and that’s why he wasn’t in the corner of Otis.

Ziggler dropped an elbow on Otis and covered him, but Otis threw him off at two. Ziggler applied a choke while on his back. Otis got to his feet and broke it with a punch. Otis catapulted Ziggler into the middle turnbuckle. Otis headbutted Ziggler and then clotheslined him twice before bodyslamming him. Ziggler tried to roll out of the ring, but Otis stood on his back. Otis whipped Ziggler into the corner. Cole asked JBL who Otis reminds him of in WWE history. JBL said Ivan Putski and Bam Bam Bigelow.

Otis dumped Ziggler to ringside and followed. Otis slammed Ziggler’s head into the barricade and then the ring post. Back in the ring, Otis performed a solo version of the Compactor. Otis started to perform the Caterpillar, but he stopped when Deville climbed onto the apron and barked at the referee. Meanwhile, Ziggler kicked Otis below the belt.

Mandy Rose’s music played and she walked to ringside and slapped Deville across the face. Rose roughed up Deville. “What are you doing out here?” Ziggler asked. “You’re running everything.” Rose entered the ring and gave Ziggler a low blow while the referee was turned around. Otis performed the Caterpillar and scored the pin.

Otis defeated Dolph Ziggler in 8:15.

This was pretty much what one would expect as far as a feel good conclusion to the Otis and Mandy story. If nothing else, it’s nice to see the simpleton character get the girl in WWE rather than the usual formula of having the mean girl abuse him.

PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
4. Edge vs. Randy Orton in a Last Man Standing match.

Phillips and Saxton were on the call. Edge came out first. Orton’s music played, but he didn’t come down the entrance ramp. Instead, Orton showed up behind Edge and hit him with an RKO out of nowhere. A replay showed that Orton was dressed as a cameraman at ringside before he entered the ring. Awesome.

The referee checked on Edge and then called for the bell to start the match. Orton gave Edge another RKO. The referee counted to nine before Edge rolled to the floor and was on his feet for a moment before he fell down. Orton grabbed the camera he held prior to the match and hit Edge with it to knock him over the barricade.

Orton followed Edge and took him through the curtain, then roughed him up as they walked through a production area, and into the gym of the Performance Center. Orton placed Edge’s head inside a couple of workout straps and told him that he’ll always love him. Orton threw punches at Edge and then released him from the strap. The referee was there to count and he reached six before Edge got up again. Edge grabbed a bar above him and swung his feet into Orton to knock him down.

Edge roughed up Orton and slammed his head into a table twice before letting out a primal scream. Edge fired punches at Orton, then sat him on an office chair and threw more punches at him. Edge looked up, then jumped up and grabbed a bar and swung himself at Orton, causing both men to tumble to the ground. Edge leapt from a workout sled and dove at Orton. “Nine years, Randy,” Edge yelled. Edge tried to whip Orton into a wall, but Orton reversed him at 7:30.

Orton wheeled a weight rack at Edge, who moved out of the way. Orton stumbled through a production area where Edge caught up with him. They traded shots in a hallway that looked like it had The Fiend’s red lighting. Edge slammed Orton’s head off a garage door in the hall area. The referee counted to six, but Edge said no and picked up Orton, then slammed him into the garage again.

Edge rolled Orton onto the a platform back in the main room where the ring was located. Orton came back with punches and tossed Edge from the platform and onto the ringside barricade below. Orton sat on the platform while Edge used the barricade to pull himself to his feet at the referee’s nine count. Orton took Edge into another area behind the curtain and said, “Let’s see what’s in here.” Orton slammed Edge off the glass case that held a title belt.

Orton and Edge entered the office area that contained a giant conference table. Edge slammed Orton’s head off a framed poster on the wall. Orton was slow to get up, so Edge picked him up again and threw him onto the conference table. Edge grabbed some steel fencing on the ceiling above the table and then hung from it before letting go and dropping an elbow on Orton.

The fight moved into a hallway area where Orton slammed Edge’s head off of framed pay-per-view posters. The cameraman took a tumble and then Edge and Orton disappeared around the corner. The camera caught up with them in a storage area. Orton threw some chairs away so that Edge couldn’t use them, then slammed his head onto some ring steps that were stacked up in the storage area. Edge pulled himself up at nine again around 20:00.

The wrestlers fought onto what appeared to be an interview set where Edge threw a sandbag at Orton. Saxton was quick to point out that the sandbag was used to stabilize a tripod camera. Edge ended up putting Orton on a table and then grinned before hitting him repeatedly. Edge spotted a ladder and climbed onto a platform. Edge dropped an elbow from the platform and drove Orton through the table. Production took away any suspense, as the broadcast team recapped a replay of the spot rather than play up the referee’s count.

Orton had some blood on his back as he slammed Edge’s head onto the back of a pickup truck’s hatch. Edge pulled himself up at nine. Orton slammed his head onto the hatch a few more times, then rolled him onto the covering of the bed of the truck. Edge climbed to the top of the truck. Orton told the referee that he didn’t need to count, then DDT’d Edge onto the covering of the bed.

Edge climbed up some production crates and then on top of an NXT semi truck. Orton followed and sold a rib injury. Orton charged at Edge, who speared him. Both men got to their feet at nine. Edge charged for another spear, but Orton dropped him with an RKO. Orton got to his feet and went back down to the truck while Edge barely got to his feet at nine at 32:15.

Orton grabbed two chairs and brought them back up to the top of the semi truck. Orton placed a chair under the head of Edge and told him this is it and now he can go back to his girls. Orton picked up the second chair and the referee told him he didn’t have to do it. Orton turned and Edge applied a standing triangle hold while Phillips recalled that Edge used the same hold on MVP on Raw.

When Edge released the hold, Orton’s head was on one of the chairs. The broadcast team played up the possibility of Orton being out cold. The referee counted, but Edge stopped him. Edge got emotional as he looked at Orton. Edge slowly walked over to Orton and looked up, then slammed the chair onto his head for the Conchairto. Orton twitched while the referee counted him down. Edge showed emotion afterward…

Edge defeated Randy Orton in 36:35 in a Last Man Standing match.

The match had an epic build and it’s obvious that they wanted to have an epic battle, but this just overstayed its welcome. It didn’t help that Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano had a hotter brawl at the WWE Performance Center on NXT television recently. This wasn’t bad, it just went on too long. The broadcast team took a subdued approach with their call provided no extra energy. I wanted to love this match because the build was excellent, but it just didn’t live up to that build. Still, it was great to see Edge wrestling again. Both guys deserved better than the hand dealt to them by the move to the WWE Performance Center.

After some advertising, Mojo Rawley was chased by a bunch of random wrestlers who caught up with him at ringside. Rob Gronkowski appeared on the PC perch, hung from the outside of it, and did a trust fall dive onto the pile. Gronk pinned Rawley to win the WWE 24/7 Championship…

PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
5. “The Street Profits” Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins vs. Austin Theory and Angel Garza (w/Zelina Vega) for the Raw Tag Titles.

Phillips and Saxton were on the call. The Profits made a bunch of noise during the match. They got the better of Theory and then dropkicked both opponents. A short time later, Theory dumped Dawkins over the top rope. While the ref was dealing with Theory, Garza delivered a superkick at ringside, then hopped up onto the apron and turned his head the other way.

The challengers isolated Dawkins. Garza removed his tearaway pants and threw them at Dawkins. A short time later, Dawkins made the hot tag to Ford, who performed a leaping clothesline on Garza, then followed up with a standing moonsault for a two count. Ford DDT’d Garza and went for the cover, but Theory broke it up. Dawkins and Theory ended up at ringside. Ford performed a flip dive onto both men. Garza went up top and moonsaulted onto the pile on the floor and yelled “WrestleMania.”

Back in the ring, Garza hit a moonsault from the middle rope and got a two count on Ford. Dawkins took a tag and shoulder blocked Garza to ringside, then ate a superkick from Theory, who followed up with a TKO. Theory went for the cover. Ford performed a springboard frogsplash on Theory, who was then pinned by Dawkins.

The Street Profits beat Austin Theory and Angel Garza in 6:20 to retain the Raw Tag Titles.

After the match, Garza and Theory attacked the Street Profits. Vega entered the ring and kicked Ford while Garza and Theory held him. Bianca Belair ran out and tackled Vega, then threw several punches at her. Belair hit her finisher on Vega and left her lying while the Street Profits cleared the ring. The Street Profits returned to celebrate with Belair, while Phillips noted on commentary that Belair saved her husband Ford. The Profits put Belair on their shoulders while celebrating…

The match felt like it belonged on Raw, but we knew that would be the case once Andrade was pulled due to injury. It’s nothing against Theory, who has a bright future. It’s just that there was no reason to think the makeshift challengers would win the tag titles. Bianca Belair appearing afterward was the highlight and it’s nice that she got a WrestleMania appearance. Here’s hoping her next WrestleMania appearance is a high profile match. She’s a star.

6. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks vs. Naomi vs. Lacey Evans vs. Tamina in a Fatal Five-Way elimination match for the Smackdown Women’s Championship.

Cole and JBL were on commentary for the match. Tamina was dominant early on. Naomi grabbed her legs. Tamina slammed Naomi’s head into the mat. Evans caught Tamina with a kick. Bayley and Banks teamed up on Tamina, who rolled to ringside.

Evans and Naomi made separate covers on Bayley and Banks for a simultaneous two count. Tamina returned. Bayley and Evans were cleared from the ring. Former Team BAD members Banks, Naomi, and Tamina did their hand gesture, but Tamina superkicked Banks. A short time later, Banks performed a 619 on Tamina, then Bayley dropped a top rope elbow on Tamina. Banks performed a frogslash on Tamina. Evans and Naomi followed up with moves and then all the women piled onto Tamina and pinned her to eliminate her.

Tamina was eliminated by all four opponents in 6:35.

Naomi performed a double sunset flip for a near fall on Bayley and Banks. Naomi hit a Rearview on Banks and a Disaster Kick on Bayley. Naomi put Banks in a submission hold, but Bayley broke it up with a running knee. Banks performed a Backstabber on Naomi and put her in the Bank Statement and got the submission win.

Naomi was eliminated by Sasha Banks in 10:20.

Evans was left alone to face Bayley and Banks. The heel duo doubled up on Evans and went for a simultaneous cover, but Evans kicked out. Banks held Evans in the corner. “This is for Summer,” Bayley yelled in reference to Evans’ daughter. Bayley charged, but Evans moved and Bayley accidentally caught Banks with a knee that knocked her out of the ring.

After an exchange with Bayley and Evans, Banks returned to the ring and was upset with Bayley, who told her they needed to get rid of Evans and deal with it later. Evans tried to hit Banks from behind, but Bayley shoved Banks out of the way. Bayley shoved Evans, who tagged Banks with the Woman’s Right and pinned her.

Sasha Banks was eliminated by Lacey Evans in 13:25.

The match came down to Bayley and Evans. Bayley ran Evans into the ring post. Evans sold a shoulder injury. Bayley covered her for a two count. Bayley targeted the shoulder while Cole said it was a different Bayley than he was used to seeing. Bayley tied Evans hand up with a tag rope and continued to target her arm and shoulder. Evans caught Bayley with a kick and then freed herself.

Evans threw several kicks at Bayley. Evans went to the middle rope, saluted, and hit her rope to rope moonsault and got a near fall. Evans teased the Woman’s Right, but Banks returned to the ring and performed a Backstabber on Evans. Bayley drove Evans’ face into the mat and then pinned her.

Bayley eliminated Lacey Evans to win the Fatal Five-Way elimination match in 19:20 to retain the Smackdown Women’s Championship.

After the match, Banks put the belt on Bayley and raised her arm. Banks went to ringside and watched while Bayley yelled at Evans and the broadcast team that nobody can touch her…

I wasn’t sure where they were going with Banks and Bayley, but Banks helping Bayley win the match was a letdown. The match was solid. As much as Bayley’s title reign has been an afterthought, sticking with her as champion feels like it’s starting to actually pay off in that it should mean something if the right person beats her to win the title.

PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
7. John Cena vs. “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt in a Firefly Funhouse match.

Cena appeared on the Firefly Funhouse set, but Wyatt was gone. Ramblin’ Rabbit told Cena that Wyatt went through the door. Cena entered and closed the door. The camera followed him into the darkened area. The Vince McMahon puppet showed up and asked Vince if he had enough ruthless aggression to sacrifice his mind, body, and soul to be a success in the company. The puppet said show me or you’re fired.

They cut to Wyatt in the ring issuing and open challenge while clips of Kurt Angle doing the same for Cena’s first match were shown. Cena came out in his old gear with his new hair. Wyatt asked why he thought he could hang with him. Cena said ruthless aggression and then swung and missed. They did this several times with Wyatt ducking the punch and taunting him.

They showed Mercy the Buzzard and the Vince puppet at a broadcast table and then the old Saturday Night’s Main Event opening aired. Wyatt stood behind an old school WWF cage and in front of a Saturday Night’s Main Event backdrop. Wyatt impersonated Hulk Hogan while introducing Cena as his partner.

Up next, was Cena doing his Thuganomics entrance. Cena entered the ring where sweater Wyatt was waiting. Cena rhymed as he spoke and then said he got the joke that he could only speak in rhyme. He made a Husky Harris joke. Wyatt just nodded at Cena’s jokes.

“How dare you talk to me about chances, John?” Wyatt asked. He called Cena the golden goose and said he’s untouchable. Wyatt said Cena takes the weaknesses of others and turns them into jokes. Wyatt told him this was his last chance and the floor was his. Cena made a deez nuts joke and charged at Wyatt, who teleported to the middle of the ring and then punched Cena.

It was time for old school Wyatt from his main roster introductory vignettes. He spoke of fulfilling the prophecy and implied that Cena ruined it. He said it’s time for him to write his own story. “Run,” Wyatt said. Wyatt charged at Cena in the corner and clotheslined him, then kissed him and went for Sister Abigail, but Cena shoved him away. “We both know that’s not enough to end it, Superman,” Wyatt said. Wyatt dropped to his knees and said Cena made the wrong choice six years ago. Footage of Wyatt doing the same during their WrestleMania match was shown. Cena swung a chair at Wyatt, who disappeared.

A WCW Nitro graphic appeared. Old footage of NWO Eric Bischoff flashed. Wyatt appeared in the middle of the ring and impersonated Bischoff while wearing an NWO red and black shirt. Cena came out in an NWO shirt and played the role of Hollywood Hogan. They did the too sweet hand gesture. Cena tackled Wyatt and threw punches at him until he was throwing punches at Huskus the pig puppet.

The Fiend appeared behind Cena and put him in the Mandible Claw. Wyatt held him up and the audio track of Cena’s last promo on Wyatt played. The Fiend put Cena down on the mat and reapplied the Mandible Claw. Sweater wearing Bray Wyatt counted the pin. The Fiend posed in the ring with his arms out.

Titus O’Neil was shown on the PC perch. He looked baffled and he said he didn’t know what he just saw… A Money in the Bank teaser video aired…

What Titus said. The Boneyard Match wasn’t for me, but I thought it was the spectacle that night one needed. The Firefly Funhouse was an acid trip with nostalgia. I imagine there are some viewers out there who were hoping to see an actual match between Cena and The Fiend and are now wondering what the hell they just saw. I enjoyed the Broken Universe, but I’m just not a fan of what its spawned.

8. Brock Lesnar (w/Paul Heyman) vs. Drew McIntyre for the WWE Championship.

Phillips and Saxton were on the call. Rome delivered in-ring introductions. McIntyre caught Lesnar with a Claymore Kick roughly 20 seconds into the match and got a near fall. The broadcast team said no one has ever kicked out of the Claymore. Heyman showed concern. McIntyre went for a second Claymore Kick, but Lesnar moved and then gave him a German suplex.

Lesnar gave McIntyre a second German suplex and then gave him an F5. Lesnar went for a cover, but McIntyre kicked out at one. Lesnar flashed a look of surprise. Lesnar hoisted up McIntyre and gave him another F5 and this time got a two count. Lesnar looked surprised, then got to his knees and smiled at McIntyre, who was struggling to get to the ropes.

Lesnar picked up McIntyre and gave him a third F5 and covered him for another two count. Lesnar yelled in frustration. Heyman told Lesnar to keeping doing it all night long because McIntyre couldn’t keep kicking out. Lesnar got up and McIntyre tried to use Lesnar to get to his feet. Lesnar laughed at him and asked if he wanted to do this. Lesnar set up for another F5, but McIntyre shoved him off and gave him a Claymore Kick. McIntyre followed up with another Claymore Kick. When Lesnar got to his knees, McIntyre hit another Claymore Kick and scored the pin…

Drew McIntyre defeated Brock Lesnar in 4:35 to win the WWE Championship.

McIntyre celebrated with the title belt while Lesnar remained on the mat. Heyman stood at ringside with a blank expression. McIntyre looked into the camera while kneeling in the ring and thanked the fans. McIntyre went to the ropes and let you a primal scream to close the show…

This was the feel good ending to that WrestleMania needed. I wish WWE would have done a better job on Raw of building up McIntyre over the last couple weeks, but it’s obviously a big deal to pin Lesnar clean at WrestleMania. Plus, McIntyre is a very good talker, so hopefully he can make up for whatever was lost by his big moment coming in an empty venue. There wasn’t much to the match and yet it told the story that it needed to by having McIntyre take Lesnar’s finisher a couple times and still come back to beat him.

PixieP Offline OP
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
OP Offline
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
Another year...another WrestleMania in the books.

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
This is the greatest WWE WrestleMania 36 Results: 4-5-20 thread EVAR!

2,000 points!

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
25+ posts
25+ posts
I miss the WWF wrestlemania threads...

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Originally Posted by MisterJLA
This is the greatest WWE WrestleMania 36 Results: 4-5-20 thread EVAR!

2,000 points!

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]

Link Copied to Clipboard