Next Thread
Print Thread
#1232363 2020-08-05 7:29 AM
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
There's a salmonella outbreak for onions right now so toss out your onions.

This will make Rex mad as he probably eats an onion everyday for breakfast. I hope this comment draws him back here cause we need some more activity around here

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Does COVID hide in old socks? If so, we may have lost him forever

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I cook with onions too. I'd think as long as you thoroughly cook them, you're probaby not in danger. Although, for a little while till the recall passes, better safe than sorry to do without them.

It appearss to be one onions producer, not all onions, but a producer that distributes their product under many names. And only red onions, but as a precaution, white, yellow, and sweet onions are being recalled for potential cross contamination for possibly coming in contact with red onionss during processing.

https://www.fda.gov/food/outbreaks-foodb...nions-july-2020

Quote:
PRODUCT RECALL

On August 1, 2020, Thomson International, Inc. recalled all varieties of onions that could have come in contact with potentially contaminated red onions, due to the risk of cross-contamination. Recalled products include red, yellow, white, and sweet yellow onions shipped from May 1, 2020 to present.

Onions were distributed to wholesalers, restaurants, and retail stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Canada.

The onions were distributed in 5 lbs. carton. 10 lbs. carton. 25 lbs. carton. 40 lbs. carton, 50 lbs. carton. bulk, 2 lb. mesh sacks, and 3 lb. mesh sacks, 5 lb. mesh sacks, 10 lb. mesh sacks 25 lbs. mesh sacks, 50 lbs. mesh sacks under the brand names:
•Thomson Premium
•TLC Thomson International
•Tender Loving Care
•El Competitor
•Hartley’s Best
•Onions 52
•Majestic
•Imperial Fresh
•Kroger
•Utah Onions
•Food Lion

[see photos of brand labels]

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Now peaches are bad for you. A big distributor of peaches declares their peaches have salmonella and they have issued a recall for peaches distributed for June through August. I've been eating peaches all summer and I haven't got sick.

I wonder if salmonella symptoms are similar to covid symptoms and people are being wrongfully diagnosed as having covid.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Salmonella's primary symptoms are abdominal pain, vomiting and fever. In most cases, only the last symptom of fever could be confused with Covid-19, although less than 10% of Covid cases have vomiting and diharrea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salmonella

Quote:
Mathematical models of Salmonella growth kinetics have been developed for chicken, pork, tomatoes, and melons.[23][24][25][26][27] Salmonella reproduce asexually with a cell division interval of 40 minutes.[14][15][16][17]

Salmonella species lead predominantly host-associated lifestyles, but the bacteria were found to be able to persist in a bathroom setting for weeks following contamination, and are frequently isolated from water sources, which act as bacterial reservoirs and may help to facilitate transmission between hosts.[28] Salmonella is notorious for its ability to survive desiccation and can persist for years in dry environments and foods.[29]

The bacteria are not destroyed by freezing,[30][31] but UV light and heat accelerate their destruction. They perish after being heated to 55 °C (131 °F) for 90 min, or to 60 °C (140 °F) for 12 min.[32] To protect against Salmonella infection, heating food to an internal temperature of 75 °C (167 °F) is recommended.[33][34]

Salmonella species can be found in the digestive tracts of humans and animals, especially reptiles. Salmonella on the skin of reptiles or amphibians can be passed to people who handle the animals.[35] Food and water can also be contaminated with the bacteria if they come in contact with the feces of infected people or animals.[36]

Mmmmm! Delicious!

And...

Quote:
NON-INVASIVE

Infection with nontyphoidal serotypes of Salmonella generally results in food poisoning. Infection usually occurs when a person ingests foods that contain a high concentration of the bacteria. Infants and young children are much more susceptible to infection, easily achieved by ingesting a small number of bacteria. In infants, infection through inhalation of bacteria-laden dust is possible.[citation needed]

The organisms enter through the digestive tract and must be ingested in large numbers to cause disease in healthy adults. An infection can only begin after living salmonellae (not merely Salmonella-produced toxins) reach the gastrointestinal tract. Some of the microorganisms are killed in the stomach, while the surviving ones enter the small intestine and multiply in tissues. Gastric acidity is responsible for the destruction of the majority of ingested bacteria, but Salmonella has evolved a degree of tolerance to acidic environments that allows a subset of ingested bacteria to survive.[47] Bacterial colonies may also become trapped in mucus produced in the esophagus. By the end of the incubation period, the nearby host cells are poisoned by endotoxins released from the dead salmonellae. The local response to the endotoxins is enteritis and gastrointestinal disorder.

About 2,000 serotypes of nontyphoidal Salmonella are known, which may be responsible for as many as 1.4 million illnesses in the United States each year. People who are at risk for severe illness include infants, elderly, organ-transplant recipients, and the immunocompromised.[36]

And

Quote:
Due to being considered sporadic, between 60% to 80% of salmonella infections cases go undiagnosed.[49] In March 2010, data analysis was completed to estimate an incidence rate of 1140 per 100,000 person-years. In the same analysis, 93.8 million cases of gastroenteritis were due to salmonella infections. At the 5th percentile the estimated amount was 61.8 million cases and at the 95th percentile the estimated amount was 131.6 million cases. The estimated number of deaths due to salmonella was approximately 155,000 deaths.[50] In 2014, in countries such as Bulgaria and Portugal, children under 4 were 32 and 82 times more likely, respecively, to have a salmonella infection.[51] Those who are most susceptible to infection are: children, pregnant women, elderly people, and those with deficient immune systems.[52]

Risk factors for Salmonella infections include a variety of foods. Meats such as chicken and pork have the possibility to be contaminated. A variety of vegetables and sprouts may also have salmonella. Lastly, a variety of processed foods such as chicken nuggets and pot pies may also contain this bacteria.[53]

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I've seen several roports that cite Zinc as a natural preventive for Covid-19. And onions have a high amount of Zinc.

Another natural preventive for Covid-19 is a high amount of vitamin D.

Both help to block replication of the virus, high amounts of Zinc and D help to prevent Covid-19 from infecting your cells.
A doctor was discussing this tonight on Laura Ingraham's show.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.

Link Copied to Clipboard