Next Thread
Print Thread
#1238298 2023-10-29 9:49 AM
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
OP Offline
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2023-10-28/freinds-star-matthew-perry-dead-at-56

Pretty sad. He seemed so deteriorated during the Friends special but all accounts were he turned his life around.

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
So sad. He was a good actor and seemed like a good person.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Originally Posted by Lothar of The Hill People
Good
Glad he's dead.
Always hated that guy.

Whatever happened to this? It always made me laugh, the ironic but humorous lack of empathy when you posted this on obituaries here.

But seriously...

I remember when Friends premiered in 1994, and critics bashed it as unimaginative, and that it would last at most one season. But then, against the critics, it lasted over 10 years, and was one of the most acclaimed series of the decade. It's fun, with a lot of funny one-liners and likeable characters. Similar to Seinfeld, I was surprised that most of the actors, including Perry, didn't break out after the series ended and go on to even more fame in movies and other series.

Perry allegedly dies in a "drowning accident" in his home at a young age of 54. I suspect it will turn out to be drug related.
It's too bad. I like Perry, and would like to have seen his continued success. But having made about a million per episode toward the end of Friends, even without the continued high profile after Friends, I'm sure he did alright.

It's odd, because I was just binge-watching Friends episodes about 2 months ago, until I maxed out on it and moved on to other things. So Matthew Perry, at the height of his fame, was still fresh in my memime I heard he'd died.
He will be missed. And he'll also be Chandler Bing, never aging, forever.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I forgot all about doing that.

Ahem

Good . frown
Glad he's dead. frown
Always hated that guy. frown

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!

Link Copied to Clipboard