Print Thread
#1239166 2024-05-01 12:44 AM
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Online Cool
brother from another mother
15000+ posts

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Well... it's nice to see Dick Van Dyke again, after many years.

But even at a minute and 12 seconds, he barely even implied a lucid thought about the gag order on Trump, over Trump's most recent trial by Judge Juan Merchan.

He said the mainstream news media pushed a recurrent narrative about the U.S. Supreme Court being "corrupt" because the Court had delayed a ruling about Judge Merchan's gag order on Trump (whether the U S Supreme Court either rules in support the gag order, or U S S C rules in favor of Trump's --and every U.S. citizen's-- free speech rights).

And then the media went silent on the Supreme Court issue, and instead has focused entirely on a new news media narrative, the need for the public to sympathize for Palestinians in Gaza, and Van Dyke says how he "feels manipulated" by the sudden shift in narrative by the media. (and even that summary might have given some undue clarity on my part to Van Dyke's murky comments.)
Van Dyke APPEARS to be supportive of Trump, and critical of the news media narrative, but I really can't be sure what Van Dyke is trying to say.

But even that much is probably courageous for a Hollywood celebrity to say on the subject.
Whatever acting roles Van Dyke might have recently lined up have probably just been rescinded, because he gave the slightest whiff of supporting Trump.

Link Copied to Clipboard