Yeah, so, regular season kicked off Tuesday. I'm writing this as I'm on the way to the Nets home opener at the Meadowlands. Yay technology.

Predictions...difficult to forecast much this year. The NBA is at a shifting point, I believe. Globalisation and the youth-influx of the late 90's has changed the general approach to talent acquisition and roster construction, and the effects of this should start to manifest itself over the coming years(fewer of the so called "dynasty" teams that have ruled the league for so long). Still, for fun:

EAST
Atlantic-Boston, Toronto, Philly, New York, New Jersey
Seems likely that Vince Carter will be traded. Nets putting in bid early for #1 pick and a fresh start in Brooklyn. In Toronto, I very much like the O'Neal-Bosh combo. Philly, the trendy sleeper pick of the offseason, will not be a real contender, but they have some nice pieces. Boston quietly added a good chunk of young talent over the summer, they appear entrenched.

Central-Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Indiana
A lot of room for error in this division. Pistons seem most likely of any previously elite team to crumble. Chicago, meanwhile, is a trade away from being a top three team in the East.

Southeast-Orlando, Miami, Washington, Atlanta, Charlotte
Orlando finished last season like gangbusters; on paper they are class of this division. Miami has no depth but arguably the best threesome in the conference, provided those three players stay healthy and committed. Atlanta, like Philly, seems like a young team that peaked too quickly.

WEST
Northwest-Utah, Portland, Denver, Minnesota, OKC
Oden's health greatly impacts how this division will play out. Utah is the best passing team I've seen in a long time; if they can just play a little defense they'll win 60 games easy. I hope the real Kevin Durant shows up this year.

Pacific-Lakers, Phoenix, Clippers, GS, Sacremento
Top to bottom, the Lakers are the most talented team in the NBA. If they don't win it all, I believe it will be through their own doing, either as a consequence of poor health or lack of trust.

Southwest-NO, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Memphis
It's sort of a theme, but again, health will play a huge role here. Houston looks like a championship caliber team: great post guy, great perimeter player, great defensive stopper, and an underrated bench. I'm taking the Hornets because Yao Ming has not been able to stay healthy, and because Chris Paul is a super-duper badass.

East Finals:
Cleveland over Boston(very nearly happened last year)

West Finals:
New Orleans over LA Lakers

NBA Finals:
New Orleans over Cleveland
James and Paul are the league's two best players, so it's fitting they should play for it all.

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.