Resident Evil 5.

Was blown away by the graphics. Both because it looked very realistic, and because it ran fairly well on my mediocre specs even at the highest detail settings (I'm getting 70+ average fps on the benchmark thingie), Capcom always was good at porting stuff to PC.

Controls are still the same as RE 4, which makes it an improvement over past RE games, as you no longer move like a slow ass tank (now you move like a fast tank!). And I actually thank this and RE 4 for training me on how to play FPSes with a gamepad instead of a mouse+keyboard combo.

Unfortunately, that's all I can praise about the game. Shit, Resident Evil is all about the aura of being scary, is why it became successful even with the crappy controls. The enemies on RE 4 were bad enough, as I don't find the Ganados scary. They're not the traditional zombies, since they burst into those weird looking slimy plant-like things. It's weird, but it's not scary. RE 5 made it worse by setting everything in bright environments. I'm fighting plant monsters in the fucking desert.

That's it, without the dark theme, it's basically an action game where you fight slimy plant bio-monsters. With bad controls. I said the controls are an improvement over past RE games but it's still shit. It's like it can't decide if it's a survival horror third person game or an FPS.