Originally Posted By: Pariah
True, but I'm already addicted to the universe, so I can't really let go.

I suppose it's always been the abundance of lore that's attracted me to most RPG games. Even if the game has lost the leveling elements characteristic of RPGs, the character is still immersed in a rich story-telling venue, albeit a more shooter-centric one.

Although I will say that the dialogue trees seemed to have taken a beating--Ouch.

Yes, another disappointment. But you are right in the fact that the Mass Effect universe is pretty well defined. That's really its saving grace in this incarnation as well as the Paragon/Bag Guy choices you can make in cut scenes. I was sad to see that the game was shorter as it seems they're putting a lot into the DL content. It kind of seems like you're not buying a full game but still paying the full game price. I'm just happy that I was patient enough to wait to grab it for $20.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."