Originally Posted By: Grimm
 Originally Posted By: Doc.Mid-Nite
Hmmm... Bane's always come off as a one note villain in the comics. Has Nolan talked about Bane and how he plans to tackle the character in this movie?

Bane's only been a one note villain when creators have written him that way. Chuck Dixon actually based the character on Doc Savage and intended for him to be (as mentioned prior) a physical and mental equal to the Bat (with Venom being his ace in the hole). Dixon, and a few other creators (Gail Simone on Secret Six most recently) have actually put thought and craft into the character and made him interesting. But many others fail to do so (including Bruce Timm and co. on TAS) and leave him as just the one note villain too many see him as. A character is only going to be as good as what the creators invest in him.

even crap Liefeld creations have become interesting characters under other creators, Cable, Deadpool, and Supreme are all proof of this.

I know any character can be a good one with the right creative direction behind it (which is why I was wondering what news there was about Nolan's creative take on Bane for this movie)

I never read Knightfall, but I have read a lot of Bane's appearances between the late 90's to mid 2000's (which didn't impress me much) and I haven't read many comics since just after the Sinestro Corps War (everything about comics sort of fell off for me after that) so I never read the Secret Six ongoing (just the miniseries before Bane was on the team that came out I guess maybe a year before they launched the ongoing?)

Anyway, I think I know what happened to Bane now. He was just one of those villains (like Catman, the Wrath, KGBeast, etc,) that was created to be an equal challenge to Batman, but fell off the radar after that due to poor or simply no usage.

"Life ain't nothin' but bitches and money" - Ice Cube