When you get to the part where you have to fight in the arena (this is just a sidequest, so you may want to explore a bit. It's in the mines/orange rocky area parts of the map), compete in the tournament, it's just a series of fights between a rival team and your team. Every time you win, you get a piece of good armor, you also get nice violet weapons. And when you become champion, you get a whole house to yourself.

Also, the strongest armor in the game (it's a whole set with yellow names and bonus stats when worn as a set), I think comes from the cur of vengeance. It's the boss that you fight before facing gadflow. It's easy to miss because you'll be so caught up in the story that you may forget looting the corpse.

Also, when you beat Gadflow for the first time, one of the chests holds a very strong shield.

And when you finally beat the main quest, when you wake up, you'll meet a shop owner that sells prismere weapons. Pretty much the strongest weapons I've had all throughout the game. Red blades and shit, and can one hit kill Trolls during crits.

What I don't like about the game is that there's no alternate ending. All this time I've been trying to choose answers that would be "good", and even maxed my persuasion so I can avoid some battles, but no. There's just one ending. I tried searching the net and most people pretty much confirm the single ending theme.