Solid 9.0 overall. To reiterate: it's definitely not superior to Dead Space 2, but traversing the scrap field in outer space was a million miles of fucking awesome. They definitely built on the strengths of its predecessors with that.

I didn't even bother using the Co-op. Fucking retarded idea for this series--especially since it won't give me an official 100% level clearance without it. Fucking EA douchebags.

I'm not sure whether or not I'm cool with the story turn and what the antagonists turned out to be in the end. It has possibilities, but "contrived" doesn't even begin to describe it. I hope they've already got future storyboards written up for it, because if they jumped right into it without thinking, they're rather screwed. I'm afraid, however, that they're going to use it to establish a 'Humanity and intergalactic sentient life in general are parasites that wreak havoc on the galaxy if left unchecked' narrative. We've already gotten an ear full of the 'Humanity sucked earth dry' cliche, so it's a real possibility that they'll go down that road.

The launch trailer was interesting enough:

Phil Collins. Who'd a thunk it?