Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
I just finished reading up to issue 17 of Injustice: Gods Among Us. The plot is just a rethread of Kingdom Come and Twilight of the Gods, but still has enough difference to merit a read-through.

One thing it has going for it is that it's a lot less melodramatic and philosophical than Kingdom Come. It doesn't take itself too seriously. It also features Aquaman proving how dangerous he and his Atlantean army can be. At least, for a while. Superman, Shazam, Wonder woman and Hal quickly shut him up by lifting Atlantis and dropping it in the middle of a desert.

It's also the first depiction of Harlequin that I liked. She always struck me as a fanservice character that has become the equivalent of a geek hashtag, but Injustice actually gave her some cool scenes including going all suicidal and trying to fight an angry/murder-death-killing Superman when she found out that the Joker was dead.

Hmm. Does it require playing the game to enjoy? I have no interest in the MK mechanics, anad have avoided the game. I'm loving the little figures DC is putting out though, in thier game inspired uniforms. \:p

If it's decent, and independent of the game, I'll give it a look. :D

Also: you all need to read Straczynski's 'Sidekick' for Image! Fucking amazing first issue on this one.

And, are any of you reading 'Sex'? I finally gave up after ths last issue. It started out as a promising Batman 'what if' story, and has declined into full retarted inside of five issues. I'm done.

If karma's a bitch, it will be my bitch!