Well, while Jones clearly borrows techniques from Wrightson, I think Jones has gone in a direction away from his Wrightson roots.

Jones' DEADMAN and BATMAN work, among other series, are more loosely drawn, giving these series a surreal warping-mirror quality, that for my money adds to the supernatural atmosphere of the series he draws. Which I especially loved in Jones' BATMAN run.

It's kind of like saying Aparo, Grell, Byrne and Brunner are Adams clones. While they clearly have an Adams influence, each has work that is distinctly their own.

For that matter, Wrightson could be said to be a Frazetta clone. But that diminishes how far Wrightson has advanced beyond his Frazetta roots.
But yeah, I'd put Wrightson in a rare category of "comic book fine artists" along with artists like Lou Fine, Al Williamson, Frazetta, Kaluta, Windsor-Smith, Suydam, Bolton, Adams, and Steranko.

While Jones is not on that level, he's still a very good comics illustrator, comparable to Golden, Mignola, Keith, Russell, and Rogers, bringing a very clean and distinctive style to the books he does.